From what to reverse engineer rating 246 (54) mods and enhancements?

pandelume

So far, I found I can only reverse engineer purple 230 (46) and 240 (51) mods

- Any blue mods have "no research available"

- Any mods with 232, 234, 236, 242, 244 or 248 rating could not be reverse engineered.

- I have NEVER seen ANY 246 item drop, only yellow 242, blue 244 or yellow 248...

So how did YOU get your 246 (54) rated "something something 54" recipes?

Aside from that, isn't this new, extremely narrow stepping of 228, 230, 232, 234, 236, 242, 244, 246, 248 just eyewash?

Certainly seems like putting too fine a point on it....

Another case of Bioglare making you squint... Too much fluoride in their drinking water?

Edited by pandelume

The few that I have were removed from purple 246 gear (from tier 4 command crates) and reverse engineered or from daily and weekly PVP reward crates earned by my tier 4 character.

You now have a chance to get artifact level barrels, hilts, mods and enhancements out of tier 4 command crates, but when I checked for reverse engineering on them they had none (Warding Mod 54B and Lethal Mod 54B).

246 can be gained in the few ways.

Direct drop from T4 crate.

Direct drop from PvP daily and weekly crate. Weekly is guaranteed, daily is not.

Direct drop from Master Mode OPs (need confirmation).

RE the mod that was ripped out from 246 Set piece or a weapon/off-hand. 100% chance to get a schematic.

You cannot RE an item someone else has crafted.

In one of upcoming updates, drop rates and crate contents will be changed, so analyze if it is better to open crates before or after that happens.

Normal in Command Crate gear.

- Any mods with 232, 234, 236, 242, 244 or 248 rating could not be reverse engineered.

That's yellow and blue ones, and that's normal in Command Crate gear.

- I have NEVER seen ANY 246 item drop, only yellow 242, blue 244 or yellow 248...

The Mistress of Pain is punishing you. (Some misguided fools call Her "RNGesus", but that's out and out blasphemy.)

244 blue-in-orange and 248 yellow-in-yellow are Tier 4 gear. Tier 4 crates *also* drop 246-purple ("GEMINI MK-3") gear, but only if She likes you.

On a more serious note, neither 248 nor 246 are remotely common drops from crates. 248 can also be obtained by other means, but the only source of full-246 gear is T4 crates.

EDIT: NInja'ed, and apparently there are other sources of 246. Apologies.

Too much fluoride in their drinking water?

So your favoured drink is grain alcohol diluted with rainwater?(1)

(1) It's a popular culture reference. Look it up.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

So your favoured drink is grain alcohol diluted with rainwater?(1)

(1) It's a popular culture reference. Look it up.

Thank you very much for the detailed info!!

As for drinks - alcohol is a terribly unhealthy and at the same time a boring and fruitless drug...

Probably the reason its legal. Corporations prefer if you don't live past pension age. Paying people while they're not working is just abhorrent to their share holders, the banks. Ideally, they want to take that little house you've been paying off for your family in trade for some equally fruitless chemo-therapy, before you drop into your coffin. That's why your water has anorganic minerals in it and fluoride, your food msg and high-fructose corn-sirup, where you can't taste the obscene amount of sugar in your TV dinner etc. People don't naturally get cancer, they have to be sold the wrong food and toxic cosmetics for decades, cause that pesky human body is so damned resilient.

Thank you very much for the detailed info!!

As for drinks - alcohol is a terribly unhealthy and at the same time a boring and fruitless drug...

Probably the reason its legal. Corporations prefer if you don't live past pension age. Paying people while they're not working is just abhorrent to their share holders, the banks. Ideally, they want to take that little house you've been paying off for your family in trade for some equally fruitless chemo-therapy, before you drop into your coffin. That's why your water has anorganic minerals in it and fluoride, your food msg and high-fructose corn-sirup, where you can't taste the obscene amount of sugar in your TV dinner etc. People don't naturally get cancer, they have to be sold the wrong food and toxic cosmetics for decades, cause that pesky human body is so damned resilient.

Um. I think you read way far too much into what was meant as a joke. Seriously, look up Doctor Strangelove. Please. In particular, read this quote and this one, and you'll understand the context of my remark.

And why reading what you wrote is giving me the creepie-crawlies, because you are sounding way too much like the guy in the film.

So how did YOU get your 246 (54) rated "something something 54" recipes?

Aside from that, isn't this new, extremely narrow stepping of 228, 230, 232, 234, 236, 242, 244, 246, 248 just eyewash?

Certainly seems like putting too fine a point on it....

Another case of Bioglare making you squint... Too much fluoride in their drinking water?

see link in my signature..."Reverse Engineering Rules". Short version: in end game tiers, only purple item modifications can be REed for schematics...period...end of discussion. Blues are fillers, and Yellow is what you REALLY want, but per long standing mechanics, the best gear available in a given tier is and have NEVER been REable for schematics

As to how to get grade 54 purple rating 246...get to tier 4 (GC rating 300+).

As the "extremely narrow stepping" it is a means to an annoying end: keeps players grinding.

Just FYI - new mods and enhancements that now randomly appear in the crates can not be REed for their schematics. I got a couple 246 mods and enhancements on my Agent, put them into legacy gear, and got them to my Trooper who is cybertech - and it said "no new research available", even through Trooper had no schematics for them

The only mods and enchancements 246 you can RE, is the ones, that come with the gear.

Edited by Gelious

see link in my signature..."Reverse Engineering Rules". Short version: in end game tiers, only purple item modifications can be REed for schematics...period...end of discussion.

That's not even true anymore, I just got a 51 purple enhancement, sent it to cybertech, no, can't do it, research not available.

That's not even true anymore, I just got a 51 purple enhancement, sent it to cybertech, no, can't do it, research not available.

Was not aware of that. How did you get it? Was it in a crate directly; as in you opened a crate and it was in it?

If so my guide still applies because it specifically states you have to rip item modifications out of armor.

You get an item from a command crate ...the item modifications within

EDIT: just tested RE for schematic an item modification ripped from a boots piece - initiative 240 enhancement - and it worked: 100% RE chance and got the schematic.

Edited by psandak

246 can be gained in the few ways.

Direct drop from T4 crate.

Direct drop from PvP daily and weekly crate. Weekly is guaranteed, daily is not.

Direct drop from Master Mode OPs (need confirmation).

RE the mod that was ripped out from 246 Set piece or a weapon/off-hand. 100% chance to get a schematic.

You cannot RE an item someone else has crafted.

In one of upcoming updates, drop rates and crate contents will be changed, so analyze if it is better to open crates before or after that happens.

Thanks for this :):tran_eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Just FYI - new mods and enhancements that now randomly appear in the crates can not be REed for their schematics. I got a couple 246 mods and enhancements on my Agent, put them into legacy gear, and got them to my Trooper who is cybertech - and it said "no new research available", even through Trooper had no schematics for them

The only mods and enchancements 246 you can RE, is the ones, that come with the gear.

Eric, Keith... is this as intended? Why would we not be able to RE the individual 246 rated pieces that we gain via CX packs?

This would be one of the only ways to gain the "A" and "B" mods and the non-min/max enhancement schematics aside from PVP (which many of us do NOT like because of unaddressed hacking and other reasons) as the 246 gear drops in CX packs are all unlettered mods and min/max enhancements.

Will you please address this?

Thank you!

One of the only ways... See that itself is a bad argument. Said schematics drop, quite often I might add.

It isn't enough they added a mod drop, unrequested, but you already have to complain about it?! Seriously people, you need to stop complaining about every single thing devs do. I'm pretty sure it will be addressed sooner or later, as it is not an important problem (not a problem at all in my opinion).

quickest way to get 246 schematics is definetly the pvp weekly at tier 4 as there are 2-3 schematics that drop from the purple crate. after a few weeks at tier 4 i had almost all mods and enhancements. only barels/hilts were rare drops for me.

from dailies i haven't had any schematics drop so far, only refined isotope (common) and rarely a void matter catalyst.

see link in my signature..."Reverse Engineering Rules". Short version: in end game tiers, only purple item modifications can be REed for schematics...period...end of discussion. Blues are fillers, and Yellow is what you REALLY want, but per long standing mechanics, the best gear available in a given tier is and have NEVER been REable for schematics

With the addition that the loose purple mods from the command crates do not appear to be RE-able; I've been getting purple 234 mods of all types -- barrels, hilts, mods, and enhancements -- from tier 1 crates, and all of them have shown 'No Research Available' when I try to RE them.

With the addition that the loose purple mods from the command crates do not appear to be RE-able; I've been getting purple 234 mods of all types -- barrels, hilts, mods, and enhancements -- from tier 1 crates, and all of them have shown 'No Research Available' when I try to RE them.

That is correct mate. You can only RE mods and enhancements that are found in the purple gear that drops from Command Crates. You have to first find the gear and then rip out the mod or enhancements, then you can RE them.

With that in mind, it pays to have multiples of the same class specc'ed differently so that when you are leving up their CXP you get access to the different mods and enhancements that drop for Tank, DPS, Heals, etc. You can then pass them through legacy gear to your character that can then RE them.