Why did you go assassin?

razorseal

So what made you wanna go assassin?

I'll start :)

In beta I tried warrior juggernaut and it was nice, but it lacked some kind of ranged or good snare or root (at least to lvl 16)

So I figured I try assassin since it still had dps capabilities and few ranged and root snare...

I finally tried BH and loved it. I guess I'm a range kind o of guy.

But in the long run I've been wanting a jedi since I heard a out the game and to continue my jedi from swg... So I went with that

I think the warrior is a good balance between ranged and melee with avg dps. It's like a best of both worlds. You gotta be more on your toes when you're fighting other ranged enemies like bh, commando etc though...

Always liked stealth classes for the ability to open a fight generally on your own terms. In open world pvp especially when you can sort of scout your targets, pick your spots, or usually have the ability to high tail it when things get rough.

Originally I was going to rolls Sorcerer, but I really wanted the double-bladed lightsaber. Then I saw a Torhead build which was Madness Assassin, and it allowed some modicum of ranged lightning attacks with the doublesaber. Not perfect, but I'll take it! Edited by Jarjarsgenius

Originally I intended to play Sith Sorcerer on the Empire side, but I'm just somewhat done with the bodyless approach and in addition I'm not such a big fan of Khem Val or Xalek. Thus I go with the alternative, which allows me to give other companions more spotlight.

Originally I intended to play Sith Sorcerer on the Empire side, but I'm just somewhat done with the bodyless approach and in addition I'm not such a big fan of Khem Val or Xalek. Thus I go with the alternative, which allows me to give other companions more spotlight.

Because I want to be cool and kill all noob republic while they fight mobs!

Then I /spit on them until they release.

Also I like to play a class that almost everyone plays because I like to be on the bandwagon.

Edited by Qlarity

I wanted to play melee dps and my friend was going warrior so it was either assassin or operative. Played both to 15 and found the mix of cover and melee abilities not quite what i was looking for. Plus i wanted to roll a healer alt and im not big on the bh or sorc. So my alt will be a heal specced op.

>We look good. No, seriously. We look REALLY good.

>Stealth

>Burst, melee DPS, or...

>Ability to tank and heal

>Double bladed, purple lightsabres

Can I get a 'hell yeah'?

minus the stealth for me and add death field.

beautiful freaking balance of force and lightsaber techs. sw is all slashing and sorc plays like some kinda dumb lightning mage. For me, the assassin is what a sith should be like.

Played SS all the way through the story in the beta so I was planning on going SS on live but at the last minute I chose sin to mix it up. Plus i do love me some db saber (can't wait to see the sexiness of a silver blade) and mostly bc I know as an SS i know 9/10 of the time in a raid the SS I will be asked to heal and I just healed for years in warhammer online so no more bloody healing.

In beta I tried warrior juggernaut and it was nice, but it lacked some kind of ranged

Basically this I love the single saber vader style, played the jugg in beta turned out to be a more 'ragh barbarian smash' then a proper sith class. I'm quite sorely disappointed there isn't a larger focus on force choke/pull/crush in one of the trees that would have been awesome.

Madness assasin is more what a jedi/sith class 'should' be uses force powers and the saber.

Edited by Invitcted

I had been very conflicted between rolling a Sorcerer vs Assassin for quite some time. Played the SI republic counterparts during beta and was convinced I'd be going Sorcerer at launch.

Then I realized that I didn't want to spam a lightning attack over and over again (as cool as they are in moderation). So I decided to roll and assassin. Not too much lightning, but just enough to still be exciting. Plus they're are super beastly in PVP.

Because I want to be cool and kill all noob republic while they fight mobs!

Then I /spit on them until they release.

Also I like to play a class that almost everyone plays because I like to be on the bandwagon.

i don't see a lot of assassins, just sorcerers.

i chose assassin because i thought it'd be nice to be melee mid range (madness). but i recently switched it up to almost strictly melee because i found myself using more ranged with madness than melee and thought i might as well had picked sorcerer if i'm going to do that.