Bioware's ignorance reflects the Heroic Moment Legacy

Samvan

Ever compared the heroic moment abilities between Republic and Imperial?

Let me give you a runthrough;

Imperial Agent - Orbital Strike

Big massive AOE that knockback normal NPCs each time it hits down.

Smuggler - Dirty Kick

....stuns a target for 4 seconds.......the damage caused isn't even noticable

Or for another example:

Bounty Hunter - Flamethrower

Does a lot of damage to the enemy NPCs infront of you. Let's assume at 50 they are equal to the 50 skills.

This gives Flamethrower a 2308 damage during the entire sequence

Trooper - Grenade

Throw it towards an enemy NPC, if normal "incapacitated", hits for 1252-1317 damage.

Do Bioware really give a **** about the Republics?

Cause I don't even.......

Edited by Samvan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The heroic moment is stupid anyways..it makes legacy pointless. You cant even use it in PvP and on top of that the cool down is 20 mins

So just because it's stupid, not usable in PVP and the cooldown is far too long, does it allow Bioware to treat Republic like rats?

Nope.

Infact, I use it fairly often when I level with a character. It's very useful......................well not at the republic side it's not.

Edited by Samvan

So just because it's stupid, not usable in PVP and the cooldown is far too long, does it allow Bioware to treat Republic like rats?

Nope.

Infact, I use it fairly often when I level with a character. It's very useful......................well not at the republic side it's not.

imps have been favored since day 1? this is not new my friend

Sith Warrior - Force Choke.

Jedi Knight - Force Sweep (much more useless, I think, in comparison to Force Choke / Force Crush.)

Sith Inquisitor - Force Lightning, I think? Not sure which one it is, since I don't have one, but I'd assume it's the equivalent to Telekinetic Throw for Consulars (the channeled skill.)

Jedi Consular - Project (Chuck a rock at them. Just one rock.)

Edit: I was under the impression that any class could use it after unlocking the prerequisite class - meaning a Jedi Knight can use Orbital Bombardment if they maxed out an Agent. That'd be useful for Republic guys.

Edited by Calsetes

This is a VANITY skill...

Each class is represented in a way that describes them... I could not think of a better skill to represent the Smuggler. They could have gotten more creative with the trooper however. But the point is these are nothing more then VANITY. So it does not matter how often you use them or who has the better one... cause it really does not change your gaming experience.

Jedi Knight - Force Sweep (much more useless, I think, in comparison to Force Choke / Force Crush.)

Sith Inquisitor - Force Lightning, I think? Not sure which one it is, since I don't have one, but I'd assume it's the equivalent to Telekinetic Throw for Consulars (the channeled skill.)

Let me fix that for you;

Sith Inquisitor - Huge Lightning Storm AOE.

This is a VANITY skill...

Each class is represented in a way that describes them... I could not think of a better skill to represent the Smuggler. They could have gotten more creative with the trooper however. But the point is these are nothing more then VANITY. So it does not matter how often you use them or who has the better one... cause it really does not change your gaming experience.

So it's mirrored by the type of class?

Are you basically saying that the Republic's classes are more dull than the Empire side?

Edit: I was under the impression that any class could use it after unlocking the prerequisite class - meaning a Jedi Knight can use Orbital Bombardment if they maxed out an Agent. That'd be useful for Republic guys.

Sith Inq's give you a AoE Force Lightning that's very nice.

And yes a Jedi Knigh can use Orbital Bombardment, provided the player has leveled and IA to 50.

While I agree, you do realize that your Pub characters also get those legacy moves if they're on the same server as your Imp characters, right? So, you could technically create a smuggler (or any republic character) with all 8 abilities.

With that said, in a way, Republic is getting the better deal because they're able to get better Imp moves through legacy than Imps can get from the republic side.

Edited by Galbatorrix

While I agree, you do realize that your Pub characters also get those legacy moves if they're on the same server as your Imp characters, right? So, you could technically create a smuggler (or any republic character) with all 8 abilities.

With that said, in a way, Republic is getting the better deal because they're able to get better Imp moves through legacy than Imps can get from the republic side.

Still not a valid excuse for making the entire Republic legacy heroic moment abilities ****.

So it's mirrored by the type of class?

Are you basically saying that the Republic's classes are more dull than the Empire side?

Never said that. This is a VANITY skill, it does not need to be mirror. It is for the looks of it... Look my Inquisitor can kick you in the balls or Look my Trooper can shoot lightening at you.

These are vanity skill that pass down from your class for RP purposes, they just so happen to include some nice additional help for leveling (which is not needed).

You know, I have to edit my comment about consulars should be getting forcequake to mirror. I guess the design is you're supposed to have one of each from BOTH factions leveled all the way. Uh. Yeah. That's gonna happen. Edited by VulcanLogic

Considering when you actually use heroic moment, a 4 second stun is more useful then a AoE.

Wrong, because if the Orbital Strike works as intended, it knock downs every enemy standard NPC within range.

Which can be seen as a stun since they cannot do anything everytime the NPCs get knocked down.

Still not a valid excuse for making the entire Republic legacy heroic moment abilities ****.

This is your opinion, and personally the only 1 I think sucks (my personal opinion) is the troopers.

Force sweep describes the Knight real well, and throwing a giant rock from the Counselor makes to much sense. And I get it your made the Groan Kick does not blow off the opponents nether regions, but what move would describe a Han Solo type charater? A Quirky comeback to the Inquisitors lightening storm?

Should have been mirrored. My imp side gets force storm AoE, which is INSTANT CAST rather than channeled. My pub side gets...wait for it...legacy Project. Forcequake would have been more appropriate.

Again it does not have to be mirrored, because... wait for it... it does not effect game-play, except for a single player experience.

I can use the Force Storm AOE on my Jedi.

They are fully cross faction...

Wrong, because if the Orbital Strike works as intended, it knock downs every enemy standard NPC within range.

Which can be seen as a stun since they cannot do anything everytime the NPCs get knocked down.

You often use heroic moment when fighting standard mobs? I sure don't...I generally only use it when I'm in trouble...elites and champs. AoEs are a waste against single targets.

If you are blowing heroic moment on huge packs of standard enemies you are doing it wrong.

If you're using heroic moment when facing standard NPC's you're doing it wrong.

I'd dare say that this thread proves who is really the one who's ignorant, and it's not Bioware.

Edited by VanorDM

You know, I have to edit my comment about consulars should be getting forcequake to mirror. I guess the design is you're supposed to have one of each from BOTH factions leveled all the way. Uh. Yeah. That's gonna happen.

I have two servers with 16 characters. One of each AC. So.. uh.. why not? I only wish that they'd allow 16 character slots and free transfers so I could have them all on one server.

This is your opinion, and personally the only 1 I think sucks (my personal opinion) is the troopers.

Force sweep describes the Knight real well, and throwing a giant rock from the Counselor makes to much sense. And I get it your made the Groan Kick does not blow off the opponents nether regions, but what move would describe a Han Solo type charater? A Quirky comeback to the Inquisitors lightening storm?

I'm saying it again;

Han Solo (Smuggler) gets a kick because...thats how he is.

And An Imperial Agent gets a huge Orbital Strike that does massive damage to the area affected.....because thats how they are......

It's not a good example your giving. You're just proving that the republic classes are more dull than the Imperial.

Again it does not have to be mirrored, because... wait for it... it does not effect game-play, except for a single player experience.

Again, not a valid excuse. If it's ingame, it should be balanced and equal.

You can' t give superpowers to one side and bad stuff to another and then say "OH WELL U RARELY USE IT ANYWAY". That's just ignorance.

It doesn't? Huh. Single player, you say? Ah yes. Could I have sworn I used it when soloing Poisonous Strategy, Lord Raxxus, and the other heroic 2 dailies last night. But that's beside the point. The point is, we're supposed to level up 4 imps and 4 pubs on a server to get all the legacy heroic abilities. Don't like the design, but it's there for those who want it. With cross faction mailing to your own alts, I suppose I could just delete my lower level alts and switch sides.