emperor palpatine and order 66

Disregard Traviss when it comes to depictions of Jedi, and especially Jaina.

For some bizarre and completely unexplained reason, the Jedi whom pioneered most of the ways of combatting the Yuuzhan Vong suddenly was incapable of fighting an opponent that couldn't be sensed through the Force, and seemed to have inexplicably lost all her years of fighting skill.

To top it off, for reasons beyond comprehension she had Jaina go to the Mandalorians to learn how to defeat a Sith. Not her uncle Luke Skywalker, the greatest Jedi to have lived and most experienced member of the Jedi Order when it comes to combatting the Dark Side and its practitioners, but Space Vikings/Spartans/Hero Farmers who have an incredible record of failure against the Jedi Order in the past, and never even fought the Sith.

I've never understand why people take such a clear issue against Jaina going to Boba to learn new fighting techniques. I'm not the biggest Travis fan but I think it was at least well explained. Jaina may have developed countless fighting techniques over the years but much of it was learnt either fighting alongside her brother or in the time when they were still close and would both share details and spare against one another, which means that if she fights him in the style she usually would he's going to be prepared for it and as he's picked up a host of talents during his five year travels that she doesn't know he's going to have all the upper ground.

Yes she could go to Luke but as he's just fought with Jacen to a standstill with neither emerging the victor she clearly needs a different edge. All right Luke probably would have won his duel with Jacen were it not for Ben but that's not how the fight ended. Also she knows that Luke is having a hard time dealing with Mara's death and that adding her tutelage to his plate when he's struggling to lead the entire Order probably isn't the best thing to do.

You say she goes to farmers and space Vikings for training but that's not strictly true. She goes in search of Boba Fett who has a history of surviving against the odds and who has fought Jedi, is well trained in combat, was respected by Vader and can teach her a fighting style that she can mix with her Jedi abilities to be able to fight Jacen in ways he won't be expecting. Part of that ends up including her sparring with some of Fett's mandalorians and yes here they're strength is played up a little too much but that doesn't remove the entire basis for why she goes there in the first place.

There's a lot of LotF that is poorly written such as Han and Leia deciding Jacen is dead to them in pretty much every book only to decide it again in the following one, or Mandalorians who are much stronger than they should be (though at least that is slightly retconned when they have their asses handed to them in Invincible), but Jaina going to Fett for training that Jacen didn't expect made more sense than most of the plots since the NJO. It all boils down to: Jacen knows how she fights, she needs to mix a new different style with her Jedi abilities, Lukes a little busy and Fetts a man who tends to get the job done so might know a thing or two about fighting hard odds. Makes sense to me.

Edited by Chaac

I'd put it down to the Jedi not thinking, not realising and not being aware of all the events conspiring around them. They let their guards down on a number of occasions and believing that it was in the interests of defending the republic allowed the clones to continue on without challenging the methods being used to train them or what they were being taught. The Jedi seemed to be quite naive and too trusting then all their focus was on the war effort in order to try and protect the republic without really questioning everything else that was going on.

They were taught all these orders before leaving the cloning facilities. When they left the facilities they were the perfect soldiers who would follow orders and obey their command structure. At the start they were taught to obey the Jedi so why would the Jedi really question things when these trrops are following their orders. Then out of nowhere the Jedi were completely caught off guard when Order 66 was given. The Jedi never planned on such a thing ever happening probably because they never thought such a thing could happen. That was their downfall and Palpatine took advantage of the Jedi at every stage throughout his (no doubt) many many years of planning for this day.

has anyone though about this topic?like really REALLY THOUGH about it?

because there is one thing i would like to know,how does emperor palpatine trick the clones into order 66?

like do the clones know about ,and the order was emplanted in their mind during growth.and if they did,how did obi wan and all the other jedi not sense it?or was it like "(emperor palpatine speaking) now listen you pathic fools,the jedi are traders to the republic,and you will gain their trust, then when i give the command,you will kill them.all of them." or is there some thing else going on and i'm just really clueless and dumb enogh to figure it out?

There is no "trick" per se. Every military is obliged to carry out the orders of the legally appointed government. Whether a solider has this thought "implanted" during growth or is simply conditioned through training, the result is largely the same. It's simply a soldier's code - they must obey lawfully issued commands no matter if they agree with them or not. In Star Wars, the clone army was specifically bred to be even more obedient than your average soldier, thus making the command structure more effective from a "speed of execution" standpoint.

I've never understand why people take such a clear issue against Jaina going to Boba to learn new fighting techniques. I'm not the biggest Travis fan but I think it was at least well explained. Jaina may have developed countless fighting techniques over the years but much of it was learnt either fighting alongside her brother or in the time when they were still close and would both share details and spare against one another, which means that if she fights him in the style she usually would he's going to be prepared for it and as he's picked up a host of talents during his five year travels that she doesn't know he's going to have all the upper ground.

The Mandalorians had never fought the Sith, had no experience combatting Dark Side users, and had lost every war when they went up against the Jedi.

If Fett had known Teras Kasi or had actually received some other form of training in combatting Jedi and Sith (what's good for one isn't always good for the other), maybe.

Instead Travis jammed her hand up her arse and pulled out "Mando mind-frak contradictory calm berzerker"... There have been plenty of techniques devised to limit a Jedi/Sith's ability to sense impending danger and their innate sight of a few seconds into the future, but obviously none of them were Mando enough or illogical enough for Travis to use.

If Travis hadn't completely changed Jaina's character and had Fett or other Mandalorians actually know any of the established techniques used to combat Jedi and Sith beyond pulling an excremental excuse for Mando superiority over Jedi in combat, it would have come off a thousand times better, and made her Mandos more bearable. Of course she didn't, because she didn't come up with them in the first place, so she wouldn't use something already existing for her Mandos unless it was already Mandalorian in the first place.

The Clone troopers were soldiers fighting for the republic, NOT the Jedi. That was one of 150 orders for worst case scenarios. The troopers did not do because they were evil but the were following orders. And at that time the orders came from the supreme commander of the republic. And like good soldiers they obeyed.

because there is one thing i would like to know,how does emperor palpatine trick the clones into order 66?

?

/boggle

"Hey, while your making me my clones... Give them a secret code word that'll make them do whatever I say and don't tell anyone about it; even me! The code word wll be order 66"

Done.

Order 66 was a genetic control chip pretty much. It was a deeply embedded part of each clones mind that was completely unknown to them. Upon saying "Order 66" the clone's genetic coding fired off and they carried out the instructions. They had no way of resisting as it was actually apart of who they were. Think of it like hypnosis that is apart of the persons very being. When you hypnotise someone you use a trigger word that makes them start to act a certain way, they can't resist, and they have no idea it happened. Its the same with the clones. Order 66 is the trigger word, and the clones act, as its part of their very genetic makeup, they have no choice. The jedi wouldn't have sensed it because each clone had no idea it existed, all that was needed is the trigger word. Jedi can only sense intentions, thing others are planning on doing or thinking about.

So as you can now see, the jedi had no chance of uncovering the plot, and the clones had no way of resisting.

well one palpatine is the one who paid and setup the creation of the clone army and he himself was a jedi or presented himself as one and had it coded they had to follow any jedi's word as the law its not hard to point two and two together at that point

Umm, no. It was simply order as anyone other. No build-in order in clones themself or something like that. It wasn't that simple. According the book Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, many clones had problem with it, they questioned it and deny it. At least for some time until they was forced to did that and obey, because they didn't want to fight and kill their brothers (another units). Edited by RixoFutu

You know that nothing about that changed in the Empire, when Imperial Officers took command. (Well, the officers weren't at the front line, exept in heavy armored vehicles.) And the droids used exactly the same tactics.

It's not the Jedi's fault that military tactics in the Star Wars universe seem underdeveloped.

By the way the Jedi do answer to the Republic. They have sworn loyalty to the Republic long ago. You remember Obi-Wan? "Anakin, my allegience is with the Republic, with democracy!"

And who placed the Jedi in command of the clones? Who did it? Not the Jedi themselves. Either Palpatine or the Senate.

It was all part of Palpatines plan. In order for him to be able to kill the jedi off without a huge public outcry he had to erode thier image to the point where thier deaths would be seen as the right thing to do. Hence him putting a jedi order with no military experiance heading a slave army and being forced to actually fight a war with it.

Just thought I'd point out here that The Mandalorians have fought with the jedi aganst the sith trumverite, again during the new sith wars, and later during parts of the second galactic civil war.

like do the clones know about ,and the order was emplanted in their mind during growth.and if they did,how did obi wan and all the other jedi not sense it?or was it like "(emperor palpatine speaking) now listen you pathic fools,the jedi are traders to the republic,and you will gain their trust, then when i give the command,you will kill them.all of them." or is there some thing else going on and i'm just really clueless and dumb enogh to figure it out?

It's simple. The clones were created to be absolutely loyal the the Republic. As the political head of the Republic, they would obey Palpatine without reservation. It had nothing to do with the dark side. If they had been breed to obey the Jedi order, it would have been a different story.