Emergency Power Not on Vendors

BishopSMASH

Hello,

I've heard from others that Emergency Power (PT Tank uber Set Bonus) used to be sold by the vendors prior to the most recent iteration of the PTS, but that is no longer the case.

I'd like to request that it be returned to the vendors so that I can adequately assess its place in Dxun MM, as my attempts to acquire the set on the Live server have yielded only 2 pieces thus far.

Also I want to be able to pop something and safely tab out while I change my background music. If the first reason alone doesn't compel you, this definitely should.

(Or if I'm missing where its sold please point me in the right direction.)

Edited by BishopSMASH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
My issue is this.. In all the time since that set went live.. I have NEVER seen a single piece drop from countless ops, including plenty of DXUN. I have NEVER seen a single piece for sale on Kai Zykken. The only way I have ever gotten one is from a random item buy from Kai. I have multiple sets of every other armor in the game, via drops and buying from Kai, except Emergency Power. You wouldn't even know it existed if they didn't tell you it did, or you won the lotto and got a piece randomly from Kai.

My issue is this.. In all the time since that set went live.. I have NEVER seen a single piece drop from countless ops, including plenty of DXUN. I have NEVER seen a single piece for sale on Kai Zykken. The only way I have ever gotten one is from a random item buy from Kai. I have multiple sets of every other armor in the game, via drops and buying from Kai, except Emergency Power. You wouldn't even know it existed if they didn't tell you it did, or you won the lotto and got a piece randomly from Kai.

Maybe because it's dropping only in Dxun and is only obtainable through random unique item from Kai. I've personally poured around 400k tech fragments to Kai until I got my full set bonus.

Maybe because it's dropping only in Dxun and is only obtainable through random unique item from Kai. I've personally poured around 400k tech fragments to Kai until I got my full set bonus.

That's what I said. The problem seems to be that every other "dxun only" set DOES randomly pop in other flashpoints, and show up for purchase on Kai. Emergency power has never once dropped on any dxun run i've ever done. It has also never been for sale on Kai. Every other set has.

They really need to go back to making certain gear available from any Op on the same difficulty (Barring EV and KP or any other Op that's been greatly nerfed in HM thanks to complaints from casuals who shouldn't bother playing it). Dxun-exclusive armor is ridiculous; I mean I feel like occasionally a "Dxun-only" set bleeds through to another difficult Op, but all we hear is that it's only obtainable there and randomly from Kai, so I'm going to say the "designed as intended" way of getting the gear is a horse's gift.

The idea of making exclusive gear just so you can entice players into playing your rare Operation release isn't going to work. The raiding base isn't largely composed of veteran players who have just been waiting for the next challenge anymore, there's just as many new raiders who are going to be just as drawn into the old VM and MM Ops, reward them fairly for their time playing your other content.

Sure: Lock things behind Dxun MM: Operation-related trophies/cosmetics and maybe an Ultimate cartel pack on a rare loot drop. But don't treat players like you've historically treated PvPers who hate having to do Ops to get the gear they want/need to compete.

Edited by MagicTerror

• 1 year later...
ok ive been looking for information on this now as well as i came back to the game a few months ago and used to main pt tank and arsenal merc where both best in slot sets are now drop only. the thread is a year old and i dont know if everything said here is still up to date but i did get the emergency power boots from a renown crate on my pt recently. chance for that i probably very very low tho. did see a lot of apex predator drop on old NIM ops recently but no emergency power pieces as far as i can tell.

ok ive been looking for information on this now as well as i came back to the game a few months ago and used to main pt tank and arsenal merc where both best in slot sets are now drop only. the thread is a year old and i dont know if everything said here is still up to date but i did get the emergency power boots from a renown crate on my pt recently. chance for that i probably very very low tho. did see a lot of apex predator drop on old NIM ops recently but no emergency power pieces as far as i can tell.

hi , it looks like you may have accidentally 'necro'd' not only an out-dated thread but also a thread from the PTS (Public TEST Server) section. Regardless....first things first: WELCOME BACK to SWTOR! :D

And secondly, i went ahead and just quickly found 4 other more current (from 'LIVE' servers) forum threads for you on this same rather perplexing topic :

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=993541

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=979055

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=990274

....and.... https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=984963

...As well as this very useful link to 1 of our best most helpful community members---> https://swtorista.com/articles/set-bonus-source-lists/

Hope those help ya and best of luck ! :ph_cheers:

Edited by Nee-Elder