Bounty Hunters and smugglers should be there own neutral faction

jimmyjediknight

both of these classes should be there own actioning be able to go an do missions on either side, yes the summgler is what the bh is in this game as far as classes go. In the lore of star wars these two classes were not restricted to either side. smugglers did there share dirty things who ever paid the credits got there service. while the bounty hunter would not only hunt people down for the empire but for the republic as well .

I would suggest, but its prob to late to change this that both of these classes become there own faction where you can pick to be a republic bh or a empire smuggler... also id le to see mission for the smuggler like a npc needs to get off world for what ever reason will pay for you to take them to x maybe a option haggle over price if your to greedy they refuse an the mission is over , if you can come to an agreement a nice chunk of credits :)

maybe a bh wanted list where bh can track down other players if on a pve server if the players are on a pve server

then maybe you just track them down and that completes your mission your contract was to find person x and report back,

Edited by jimmyjediknight

agreed just talking maybe long term, but this should have been talked about when creating the game.

having each of these classes stck on one side does not t well withe people i know people who will not play this

game due to that fact and the fact of customizing your toon just a bunch of human players diffrent colors.

but that is what they did so we are stuck with it

Stuff everybody wants to see but are not priority right now. At this moment it is about making the game enjoyable for everyone who is paying for it.

Did they not talk to gl beofore setting up the races and classes lol im not hating but it just does not make any sence to have them a neutral faction its like saying the republic does not have bounty hunters, only reason i can see is money

Absolutely YES. Many times requested, never commented by BW.

Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and some other possible new classes should be neutral.

Also think of the benefits of 3 faction PvP like it´s in TSW.

Again, too logical to come true.

in this game as classes go your correct but in sw lore these factions would be as say we say a neutral faction

having republic bh an empire smugglers. in this game a trooper is not going to load his ship up with illegal cargo an head off to hoth to sell it in a shaddy deal. You could even go as far as saying that the Imperial Agent for the empire

and a republic agent could be added. the bh an smuggler move them into there own faction. on the republic side add a republic agent. allowing the player to choose on ther own who there bh works for. just cuz this game makes agents like smugglers does not mean i wanna play a agent its not the same to someone who likes star wars. i should have the option to make a republic bh if i so choose

Your wrong the Bounty Hunter and the Trooper are the same, and the Imperial Agent and Smuggler.

Never going to happen.

* It goes against blizzards 2 fac... I mean biowares 2 faction idea.

To re-work the areas for a 3rd faction would obviously be too much work.

* Imagine all the new VO, that would be required... LOL

Did they not talk to gl beofore setting up the races and classes lol im not hating but it just does not make any sence to have them a neutral faction its like saying the republic does not have bounty hunters, only reason i can see is money

Well, surprise, there are some classes which might only be interested in money in the Star Wars universe, smugglers and bounty hunters don´t need to work for only one faction´s interest. They are like double agents. They are outside of any law, republic or imperial.

Heck, even chosing the faction first is wrong. First you should chose if you want to be a bounty hunter, than decide on working for republic or empire or your own interest (Credits).

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

your prob right but it just baffles the mind how something like this never came up,

Never going to happen.

* It goes against blizzards 2 fac... I mean biowares 2 faction idea.

To re-work the areas for a 3rd faction would obviously be too much work.

* Imagine all the new VO, that would be required... LOL

Your not playing an average BH, or smuggler, you are playing a hero. Nobody really cared about the countless bounty hunters and smugglers during the rebellion. The only ones that Mattered were Boba Fett, and Han Solo. And surprise Han worked for the good guys, and Boba worked for the Empire. This story is about the war between the Empire and The Republic, and the characters of that story have to affect it in that way. Being Joe Bounty Hunter doing his own thing doesnt do that. I know thats not the answer you want to hear, but it is why you dont have a neutral faction.

Not to mention everyone who was neutral in the game so far, has either been killed or brought to the side of either the republic or the empire. By the end of every class quest there were no neutral factions left.

This idea doesn't seem to make any sense.

Where would the neutral faction go? (Is there a neutral fleet?)

Do they participate in world PVP? (Are they targetable by the republic and the empire?)

The planets and zones are split between 2 factions and the quests usually lie within each factions boundary, how would this work considering my previous question?

yes that is how it should be what is best for you right now, saying you can only be a republic smuggler is like saying the imp agent is running the kessel run.

Well, surprise, there are some classes which migt only be interested in money in the Star Wars universe, smugglers and bounty hunters don´t need to work for only one faction´s interest. They are like double agents. They are outside of any law, republic or imperial.

Heck, even chosing the faction first is wrong. First you should chose if you want to be a bounty hunter, than decide on working for republic or empire or your own interest (Credits).

Do they participate in world PVP? (Are they targetable by the republic and the empire?)

The planets and zones are split between 2 factions and the quests usually lie within each factions boundary, how would this work considering my previous question?

To add to that fact how would quests work? You cant take quests from both sides, eventually one side will no longer trust you...then what, then you only can take quests from one side, and suddenly you arent neutral anymore.

It would be completely immersion breaking if you did like 50 quests for the republic killing imps and then you could just stroll into imperial space and do quests for them, and they are totally okay with that. thats the stupidest thing Id ever heard

they can go to either fleet hints why they are neutral...

yes they can pvp they can be targeted by both how ever depending what side an team they are placed on. if they are placed on the republic side only empire can target them. if they are placed on the empire side only republic can target them.

well they would have to add a story for the republic bh an empire smuggler, but allowing to do quest on either side

along with what ever quest are added for them

they can go to either fleet hints why they are neutral...

yes they can pvp they can be targeted by both how ever depending what side an team they are placed on. if they are placed on the republic side only empire can target them. if they are placed on the empire side only republic can target them.

well they would have to add a story for the republic bh an empire smuggler, but allowing to do quest on either side

along with what ever quest are added for them

So the Empire just lets a known smuggler, who works with the republic, and has taken missions that have killed imperials and worked against them in the war, stroll into the imperial fleet?

there you have it starting off neutral , but you choose to kill them 50 imp or 50 republic you then choose your path leaning to one side. however the bh is in it for the money some times targets as empire sometimes they are republic, do u think if some one wants a person dead cares all they care about is i have the money and i want so an so dead no questions asked.

as far as a smuggler goes if you start doing empire mission your known as a smuggler that works with the epire an have mission for that.

To add to that fact how would quests work? You cant take quests from both sides, eventually one side will no longer trust you...then what, then you only can take quests from one side, and suddenly you arent neutral anymore.

It would be completely immersion breaking if you did like 50 quests for the republic killing imps and then you could just stroll into imperial space and do quests for them, and they are totally okay with that. thats the stupidest thing Id ever heard

there you have it starting off neutral , but you choose to kill them 50 imp or 50 republic you then choose your path leaning to one side. however the bh is in it for the money some times targets as empire sometimes they are republic, do u think if some one wants a person dead cares all they care about is i have the money and i want so an so dead no questions asked

Not in a war. You do know this is a WAR right? So its totally okay for a BH to stroll into the Empire after killing say a sith lord for the republic, and start doing missions for them. Even though in the game right now, NPC neutrals who have done far less have been eradicated by you the player? Yeah it doesnt make any sense at all.

And whats the point of being neutral if your going to lean to one side or the other. Might as well just start off on the side you want to be on. Oh okay so your only on the neutral faction for like 50 qeusts, thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard, that totally trumps the previous stupid thing Ive ever heard three posts back.

Edited by MXIII

yes i know the game is at war. but to say there are no empire smugglers or republic bh is just crazy. saying a agent is the empire smuggler is just as crazy. a agent is a spy or informent not someone that takes person a to place b.

the trooper is not going to take a contract to go kill some wanted imp peron he is a trooper the military

yes i know the game is at war. but to say there are no empire smugglers or republic bh is just crazy. saying a agent is the empire smuggler is just as crazy. a agent is a spy or informent not someone that takes person a to place b.

the trooper is not going to take a contract to go kill some wanted imp peron he is a trooper the military

Thats not a neutral faction, what you are asking for is for the empire to have smuggler classes, and the Republic to have BH classes, which may still happen. But to create an entire thrid faction that is only going to exist for the first 30 quests is completely asinine. Not to mention the first chapters of the Smuggler and BH stories, are for all intents and purposes completely neutral. You take jobs from the empire, but your main goal is to win the great hunt, and only interact with the empire off and on. As a smuggler you are looking for your ship, and doing your own smuggle thing before actually working for the republic. So its almost the same thing

i have a smuggler and a bounty hunter i know what there missions are.

now we are spliting hairs. id be happy with adding each class to either side its almost the same thing but its not.

Thats not a neutral faction, what you are asking for is for the empire to have smuggler classes, and the Republic to have BH classes, which may still happen. But to create an entire thrid faction that is only going to exist for the first 30 quests is completely asinine. Not to mention the first chapters of the Smuggler and BH stories, are for all intents and purposes completely neutral. You take jobs from the empire, but your main goal is to win the great hunt, and only interact with the empire off and on. As a smuggler you are looking for your ship, and doing your own smuggle thing before actually working for the republic. So its almost the same thing

Your idea would work great for "Star War Galaxies 2".

* But not this game.

This.

BW made a design choice to make this a two faction game, where your faction choice is hard-coded at creation (which seems to be industry standard).

While I wouldn't mind seeing faction choice the way it was implemented in SWG, I just don't think it's possible in this game without re-building the game from the ground up.

Would u be ok with having the separatist as a faction