SIS Intel Report: Key locations overview of the planet Makeb

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love that you made this report in-universe, and it was sent by Theron Shan, and retrieved by Jonas Balkar! So cool. I am going to regret asking this, but are either of these characters involved in the storyline? I'd love to finally meet Theron in-game; he was awesome in the comic and book. I'm looking forward to raiding that mansion...

Some beautiful locations!

I wonder, how long does it take for someone to "sketch" an area (like the capital city) and how long does it then take to design it in-game? How many revisions go on between an artists 1st rendition and the final sketch?

can't wait to see the report from the imperial side! Give my operative a reason to actually care about the planet! :D

Reason to care = The Empire wants it. Cares are given. It's not part of your job to question the mission report - how do you think the ending of Chapter 1 happened?

As excited as I am for the xpac I can't help but feel disappointed that you haven't completed the server merge PRIOR to it's release. I'm not overly looking forward to experiencing the xpac on Master Dar'Nala as a ghost town, and am now wondering if I should play 50-55 with my only high level character on Master Dar'Nala or do I continue to level my new character on The Harbinger and wait... :(

I honestly appreciate BW's work and efforts in bringing us TOR and Makeb. I'm quite disappointed by the architecture though. I'm sure there are time and resource constraints but it's still an important aspect of the game. I'm not suggesting that there shouldn't be places that are... essentially simple or 'old fashioned' (not quite the words I'm trying to find).

Even just a casual perusal of architecture (any, not just modern, let-alone sci-fi) makes Makeb (and some other places in TOR) seem seriously uninspired. The fountain's nice of course, but on the whole it looks like 12th century France and absolutely not StarWars.

The lean-to's do add a touch of realism which is somewhat interesting and certainly underscores the idea that the setting is resource constrained but it might be taking the idea a little too far... current 3rd world countries use things like that and this world is supposed to be among the wealthiest, it's certainly written up as supposedly being a very wealthy world due almost entirely to one particular resource - not unlike say, Saudi Arabia.

Corellia in particular really comes to mind as well in this regard - the hub of wealthy living in the galaxy and it's choc full of enormous cubes of beige on beige with brown and grey hilights... that old horse though... well, it's not getting up again is it.