Vanguard or Powertech

Arkinaios

Hey, which of these classes has better animations?

Im very interested in playing one of these classes, but not sure which one to take, Which do you like better?

Imo, i like the armour for the trooper, the companions seem much better for the trooper and i think the standard look of a rifle is much better than a pistol, but im mostly stuck on the animations, which class has the better animations do you think? i dont know anything about the story because i havent done any of it either.

Thank you in advance

IMHO

Animations: BH > Trooper

Voice actor: BH > Trooper

Story: BH < Trooper

Companions: BH > Trooper

Overall look, i prefer BH over Trooper. About the weapon, Vanguard rifle is better than Powertech pistol but Commando big silly gun is just silly and i prefer Mercenary's 2 pistols.

Also, consider that 90% of the BH's moves (expecially Powertech) come from the suit so the weapon is not that important.

my2cents

Edited by drGudo

IMHO

Animations: BH > Trooper - debatable. All this arm-flailing on the BH looks awfully inefficient. Riot gas>silly oil slick.

Voice actor: BH > Trooper - Female Trooper beats both BH voiceovers though.

Story: BH < Trooper - Quite dabatable. Stories seem to be on par. Trooper ending seemed underwhelming for the giant build-up though.

Companions: BH > Trooper - All Trooper companions use heavy armour and Aim. Makes gearing them and switching between them extremely easy. Also, Dorne is the only heavy armour healer (aside Treek) in the game.

Overall look, i prefer BH over Trooper. About the weapon, Vanguard rifle is better than Powertech pistol but Commando big silly gun is just silly and i prefer Mercenary's 2 pistols.

Also, consider that 90% of the BH's moves (expecially Powertech) come from the suit so the weapon is not that important.

my2cents

There.

As for the weapon, my PT has the giant frakking 3-barrelled sawed-off handgun-thing from the Bounty hunting event, and, quite frankly, it looks amazing.

Well i agree on the oil stick but for the rest of the animations there is no chance, BH is better. You can Shoryuken jedis in da face and it's priceless :D

About companions i was speaking only from an aesthetic point of view, not their real efficiency (concerning this, Trooper companions are the best in the game).

My personal taste, of course.

Edited by drGudo

Better animations, as in looks, or mechanics?

VG/Commando has superb animations considering mechanics compared to imperial counterparts. F.e instant pushback (merc has like 1 sec delay), and instant 1 proc on pulse cannon (flamethrower will miss the mark more often).

I have no idea why BW has not ironed these out.

But, PT/Merc animations LOOK better.

Edited by easeyway