/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

Kegparty

FIXED 20 Sec lockout!!

2.2.1 Patch Notes

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/2.2.1/6252013

Players who use /stuck in a Warzone while in combat will have a 20 second delay before they are able to release to a Medcenter.

Old Thread--

Just curious how the community felt. Personally I think you have to do it now to be competitive because everyone does it.

** If you get stuck often please describe it **

Added:

I don't think this was intentional. You fixed the /stuck killing you automatically for a quick re-spawn (really good) but the /stuck when you are in fight will do the same now.. Leaves a lot of room for exploiting.

Mentioned Solutions:

• Lock out timer on re-spawn from death (before you can click re-spawn 20-30 sec) - Top Favored
  • Remove /stuck (few people don't want this but I was unable to reproduce how they got stuck)
  • At least mention this is not acceptable or intended
  • Increase cool down to be allowed 1 time per match. (still leaves room for some exploiting)
  • Let us know if we can start using it

I have been stuck maybe 1 time in the last 5 months in a pvp match.

Edited by Kegparty
added some solutions mentioned

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep trying to think of a time that I got stuck in a warzone... its been soon long. They should just disable to /stuck command and just let the auto stuck work its magic. I feel like we all should be training in using it in a group :(

Don't get out of position and it's not needed anyway.

Not needed yes but think about all those times at a turret when you can just /stuck and then take the speeder down to the other one. Even if you are in position it seems to cut valuable seconds off a transition of a group.

I keep trying to think of a time that I got stuck in a warzone... its been soon long. They should just disable to /stuck command and just let the auto stuck work its magic. I feel like we all should be training in using it in a group :(

I've been stuck once in the 8/9 months I've been playing. I agree, I hardly see the use for it. Fortunately, not as much of a problem on our server. The top rated guilds don't use it that I've noticed. I would think more because of etiquette... they're actually very cool people and not the elitist *****s you normally find in top rated guilds.

And the guilds that are using it.... need a lot more than /stuck to be competitive.

Not needed yes but think about all those times at a turret when you can just /stuck and then take the speeder down to the other one. Even if you are in position it seems to cut valuable seconds off a transition of a group.

The real problems are Huttball, where people do it to stop scores and Voidstar where people do it because their team has been left behind while the other team is across the bridge. ACW can have some problems as well if you have both side turrets.

I'm just saying that the only reason you would need to do this is if your team is failing anyway and i don't think using it will completely turn the tide in most cases. I still agree that something needs to be done (5 second timer to respawn when used maybe?).

I've been stuck once in the 8/9 months I've been playing.

See... I am with you completely. Just does not make sense to have in WZ when its used to gain any advantage switching nodes.

No matter how you look at it on CIVIL war it is a HUGE advantage. HUGE to take the speeder directly down.

HI!

I hope noone on our team uses it, personally i feel it is a way of cheating. If we have to use it to win id rather loose. Ofc developers could spend time to fix this thing, but isnt it better if they use the time to fix real problems instead of being forced to fix exploits.

Best regards

kraroc

I used /stuck yesterday in pvp.... Although, it wasnt a warzone. It was Open world pvp and I was the last one left vs about 30 imps... I was not giving them the satisfaction and it had no bearing on someone winning or losing. That and well its quicker than waiting for the recall to medical droid to pop up.

would never use it in a warzone winning or losing and I think those that do use it should be a)reported and b) treated as someone who is exploiting.

The /stuck feature should be disabled in warzones period.

Ofc developers could spend time to fix this thing, but isnt it better if they use the time to fix real problems instead of being forced to fix exploits.

I dont see how this would be hard to accomplish...

THE REST OF THE GAME HAS A 2 min delay.

When is the last time you got stuck in pvp??? ffs 10 min fix.. make it like the rest of the world or not at all in pvp would be ideal. Just let auto do its thing.

THEY ARE SPENDING THEIR TIME FIXING THE LOOK OF TREES IN THE GAME . Most people I know are competitive and wont come back to the game with bugs like this.

Edited by Kegparty

I got a little heated. Its just frustrating that this has existed for a long time with no solution.

If I lose a close game then I still feel good. If I lose a close game where the whole team /stuck jumps around the map its just super frustrating.

Yes. Also, this is a really stupid question... :confused: And I never stuck in wzs. :)

Yes it is stupid but has never been addressed for the length of the game. I wanted to know if anyone felt this was fair play? Because if its not fixed then it should just be incorporated into the game officially. A suicide ability.

I used /stuck yesterday in pvp.... Although, it wasnt a warzone. It was Open world pvp and I was the last one left vs about 30 imps... I was not giving them the satisfaction and it had no bearing on someone winning or losing. That and well its quicker than waiting for the recall to medical droid to pop up.

would never use it in a warzone winning or losing and I think those that do use it should be a)reported and b) treated as someone who is exploiting.

The /stuck feature should be disabled in warzones period.

Fail. Nice try though.

A blatant exploit of the intended functionality of the /stuck design. It's not as bad as a hack, but for a competitive environment like RWZ, I consider it a cheat.

If you have to /stuck to win a warzone, then you're doing something wrong.

Using /stuck in response to another team that does /stuck isn't an appropriate response and only makes the situation worse.

cliffnotes: only cheaters use /stuck to win.

pfft nah. use it all the time. if its an exploit, where do you draw the line? standing in a fire pit? doing nothing to escape people? usually i use it after scoring if im not sure the situation at mid, or after causing a diversion at a side node, we pick up a second ill just drop dead to reinforce. the most 'exploitative' one would be getting across the voidstar bridge, but i still think thats just an option we should have, it means youre not going to help on the bridge doors, so it's a regrettable, but sometimes necessary action. the only times ive done that are in bad pugs, and when i have frankly i think i should be commended for not just leaving.

pfft nah. use it all the time. if its an exploit, where do you draw the line? standing in a fire pit? doing nothing to escape people? usually i use it after scoring if im not sure the situation at mid, or after causing a diversion at a side node, we pick up a second ill just drop dead to reinforce. the most 'exploitative' one would be getting across the voidstar bridge, but i still think thats just an option we should have, it means youre not going to help on the bridge doors, so it's a regrettable, but sometimes necessary action. the only times ive done that are in bad pugs, and when i have frankly i think i should be commended for not just leaving.

your opinion is one of an ignoramus.

How is jumping in the fire the same?

Fire, acid or bottomless pits were designed to kill you.

/stuck was designed to get you unstuck because the game glitches.

Jumping in the fire to repsawn is a valid tactic. Using /stuck is not.

/stuck is not your own personal suicide button. If the devs wanted a suicide button, they would have designed one.

Warzones were designed with fire, acid and bottomless pits in mind, not with the entire team using /stuck to their advantage. The simple fact is /stuck breaks the balance in Warzones, and convincing yourself it's not a cheat shows how shallow you are.

Edited by UberDuberSoldat

what does /stuck do in pvp if never had to use it in pvp

If it ports you to a different area of the map then its a exploit/cheat

Its just kills you and port to respawn. But if that doesn't cheat: :rolleyes:

First of all, /stuck is on a timer. I think it's 120 seconds before it can be used again.

And it can be utilized in all sorts of ways:

1. Switching sides in Alderaan

2. Switching sides when attacking in voidstar without being obvious, first room only though

3. Jumping ahead as attack or defense in voidstar

4. Respawn with full health, as was mentioned

5. Crossing the map to defend in huttball

Some of these can simply be done with map mechanics, though, like falling into the reactor core pit or standing in fire.

using /stuck in regular WZ shouldn't be penalized. People are learning to play there.

But if you want to fix /stuck abuse this should apply to RANKED WARZONES ONLY....

0) Using /stuck immediately after a player death should not be penalized for 15 seconds

1) It should broadcast to the entire zone (including enemy faction) when a player uses /stuck...

2) swtor dev team needs to implement server side data gathering whenever /stuck occurs. Including combat logs for 1 minute before and after /stuck is used by any player.

3) If a player uses /stuck, and the enemy faction files a complaint about it (since they can see when it is done), and the devs can see with the combat logs that it was being abused, then any rating gained from that match should be removed and the player gets a week ban

4) Long term trends of players using /stuck in a RWZ should automatically get banned for a week. It's understandable to use /stuck every 10 games because of bugs. It's not OK to use it every single game and multiple times at that.

Edited by Glower