Khem Val

DarthZaneBX

Check his abilities for Weapon Proficiencies and you'll see what weapons he can use. Only force classes can use lightsabers.

Also, Strength is his "primary stat" (it's always one of strength, aim, cunning, and willpower), and Endurance is his secondary stat. Endurance is actually everyone's secondary stat. But if you want him to tank for you, select gear that has more endurance than strength when you have the option.

For example, if he's wearing boots that have 20 str and 20 end, you'd want to equip:

Boots that give 21 or more str and 21 or more endurance, no matter what combination

Boots that give a big endurance boost and only a small strength sacrifice (like 28 end, 18 str)

I would probably not bother to equip 21 end, 12 str boots in our example, the trade-off is too great.

Khem Val uses Heavy Gear with with Strength and Endurance stats and I'd go for the gear where Endurance is higher than strength, also when u get higher level Defence stats will help too.

No he can NOT use Lightsabers but he can use Vibroblades

I think you can see what weapons and armour companions use along with their abilities if you open up ability window (P) and select companion.

Greetings everyone!

You can find more information regarding companions located in the Class Forums. Such as this guide:

Additionally, the following guides may also be of assistance related to companions which you can find in our New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources:

Thank you for your helpful responses to the thread author's question! We always love to see the community helping each other! :)

We hope this helps! :)

Despite that his armor is never visible, he actually is not naked when he joins you for the first time.

If you know how to equip companions you should know how to look at what he is wearing when he joins you.

A fairly obvious and easy way to see what armor type they use.