Tank cap %

sindelars

Hi

i want to know one and for all what are the BH PT tank % caps

i cant belive that there are caps on 50% shield/absorb for a BH PT but at what % is't useless to but more points in shield/absorb?

i'm sitting at

28646 hp

16.23 %def

59 %shield

53 %absorb

Greetings

In all seriousness there are no real caps you can reach with any possible amount of those stats you could ever have.

The reason many people falsely believe it caps at 50% is because they fail to understand the difference between your total shield chance and the shield chance gained from the shield rating alone. Those are not the same things.

50% is not the cap, but the cap is base + skills/buffs + 50%.

Defensive stats do have theoretical caps of 30% defense, 50% shield and 50% absorb gained from the ratings alone, which would require infinite amount of these stats to reach and even coming close to them (like 29/49/49) would require a lot more stats than ever could exist in any gear.

However since none of your percentages start from 0 even if you have no rating stats on your gear, you have not reached any kind of cap at 30/50/50%.

For example a depending on how skillpoints are spent powertech will start, if I remember it right, with 28% shield chance even without any shield rating stat on his gear. This means that at 50% he has only 22% gained from the shield rating stat on his gear, which is not even halfway up the diminishing returns curve. The actual theoretical cap on shield chance would then be 78% which of course is impossible to ever reach, so it is largely irrelevant.

Edited by Eternalnight

exactly what i was thinking but there is so much misleading info on the net.

Now with my 2 relics + flame burst buff i'm able to get 78.73% shield absorb (absorb raiting 1215): 46,73%

so i'm 3.72% away from the cap right? is't worth then to go for the other 3.27 % absorb or does DR effect it to much at such high %?

A quick thing to keep in mind is that as you increase absorb, shield just gets that much better, and vice versa. To the point that you'll always want a little more shield than absorb, in terms of rating.

I always build mine evenly, with a slight advantage to to shield. But i also have a little bit more defense, so my shield/absorb numbers arent as high as yours. I personally find i can get more bang for my buck that way since im not hitting some of those upper tier DR levels.

Edited by rphebus

as a PT tank, you only need 5% defense , but I think shield chance has to be about 80% or something really high

can't really remember, but I'm pretty sure 5% defense is enough. not sure if its 5/80/80 or something else in terms of Defense/shield/absorb.

Edited by Fallerup

as a PT tank, you only need 5% defense , but I think shield change has to be about 80% or something really high

can't really remember, but I'm pretty sure 5% defense is enough. not sure if its 5/80/80 or something else in terms of Defense/shield/absorb.

I think you are mistaken.

Noxxic says:

1.5 Stat Priority

Absorption (50%) = Shield (50%) > Defense (15%) >= Endurance > Aim >= Accuracy (110%)

so its 15/50/50... at least the need for defense is much lower than on the other 2 tanks. if these numbers are correct, powertech tank is by far the easiest to gear.

Noxxic says:

1.5 Stat Priority

Absorption (50%) = Shield (50%) > Defense (15%) >= Endurance > Aim >= Accuracy (110%)

so its 15/50/50... at least the need for defense is much lower than on the other 2 tanks. if these numbers are correct, powertech tank is by far the easiest to gear.

Powertechs have a much lower base defense than other tanks. No tank is "easier" to gear than other tanks, although performance can vary depending on gear level (a low geared powertech will seem better than a low geared assassin).