Introducing Weapon Tunings

TaitWatson

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) These are only available in the Cartel Market

2.) They don't unlock in Collections

This is pretty transparent guys. You spent a significant amount of time and money, the money that WE pay you to develop a new system to suck more money from the Cartel Market.

The same effort could have been made to add weapons to the outfit designer, add outfit slots to companions, add an option to hide weapons when holstered, any number of bug fixes, etc.

Instead, you've used the money that we've paid to you as customers to find yet another way blatantly ask us for even more.

A Weapon Tuning is an exciting new way to customize your weaponry, creating a brilliant visual flair on the weapon itself!

Read More

My advice is that you should always state the obvious. I fully believe that certain modifications will be costly and you'll be introducing rarity with this. You create a lot of hostility from customers who bought something only to be told it might be heavily devalued in terms of in game rarity.

What this thread looks like is an Oprah Winfrey Episode: You get a car, you get a car, EVERYONE gets a car!!!!

If you paid a lot for that new car and now everyone has that car what is that car worth? You should be a lot more aware when posting announcements. I'll use the DMC change. I lost my mind when I read your patch notes on the DMC. Why? Because it looked like you were making them worth next to nothing. When you do something as big as this make sure you craft your messages to address rarity up front. Don't let people speculate. Don't leave it to hypothesis. Address it up front.

I don't own an unstable arbitator lightsaber. However, if I paid 10 million credits to get one I'd be pretty upset.

I don't own an unstable arbitator lightsaber. However, if I paid 10 million credits to get one I'd be pretty upset.

But the "Arbitator" is the one that runs on mashed-potato-power! it's ultra rare!

Seriously though, - those that want extra crackles and stuff can pay for them with their CCs credits , cold hard cash... - and fair play to them, if that's what they want and are willing to pay for.

The rest, who don't care that much for the latest shiney things, are always gonna be ever-so slightly non-plussed.

The open letter isn't being received like we hoped - look, shinies! Buy buy buy!

Kinda makes you wonder lol. They can't get Eternal Championship going, but this fluff crap in the CM gets a full fledged Dev post about it. Just wait until people realize just how hard it is to get one.

I don't think that there is only one "Bob" responsible for this. So, if you don't have any constructive to say...

---> There is the door my friend.

Well there's the pot calling the kettle black. Xia's right. You're barking at the wrong shadow. The guys/gals working on art and graphics aren't the same ones that are responsible for fixing bugs. They're down the hall.

So, take your own advice.

Back on topic: You guys should make these craftable by cybertechs.

Different people work on different things. Is that really so difficult to understand?

Or does everybody where you work just flip burgers? Who actually takes the customer orders? And don't get me started on the fries...

No, because we do not sell burgers. But BW does only sell CM-S**t so...everyone in Austin, Texas flipps burgers.

My concern is in the first paragraph.

"If you want to equip a Weapon Tuning the first thing you’ll need is a weapon with an available Tuning Slot."

This to me implies there will be weapons that don't have tuning slots. I hope all orange or purple weapons have a slot.. but this statement makes it look like not all.

Well, imo they should do it like with Augments and the MK-Kits.

...But they better not freaking grant those "kits" via the CM. Should be craftable only. In fact the mods too, should be playermade with possibly a few special colored ones obtained via the CM.

QUESTION: As there are all animations for all kind of weapons stored in game, will we be able to modify our primary weapon to be another weapon? For example Gunslingers double blasters, if you modify the primary one, are you able to modify it to be a sniper rifle?

QUESTION: As there are all animations for all kind of weapons stored in game, will we be able to modify our primary weapon to be another weapon? For example Gunslingers double blasters, if you modify the primary one, are you able to modify it to be a sniper rifle?

Don't do this to yourself lol.

Don't expect anything more than fancy visuals.

Also expect them to bug out when you use an ability. :p

Don't do this to yourself lol.

Don't expect anything more than fancy visuals.

Also expect them to bug out when you use an ability. :p

And ofc, expect PvP to instantly bug out in new or old gamebreaking ways, that will be ignored and left live for a month or so...

But hey, you can also expect the CM to stay intact and solid as ever! :rolleyes:

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We have seen a lot of questions come up about Weapon Tuning and I wanted to address some of the bigger ones we keep seeing.

Is Weapon Tuning purely cosmetic?

Yes, they do not affect the stats of the weapon in any way.

Will we be able to modify existing weapons?

Many of the existing weapons you have will support the Weapon Tuning slot, but not all. We will continue adding them to existing weapons over time and all new weapons introduced will have this slot.

Are they exclusive to the Cartel Market?

The Lightning Weapon Tuning is exclusive to the Cartel Market, but there may be future Tunings available from other sources.

Are they affected by Color Crystals?

Yes.

Will Tuning effects stack with existing weapon effects?

Yes.

Can we turn the effect on and off like a flourish?

No, similar to existing weapon effects, when the weapon is drawn the effect will always be shown.

Are Weapon Tunings destroyed if removed from a weapon?

No, they are removable from weapons just like other mods and for the same cost as extracting a Color Crystal.

Please keep the questions coming.

Edited by EricMusco

I swear this is THE most toxic game community I have ever had the misfortune of being a part of. The amount of bile, vitriol, hate, and juvenile anger is overwhelming here sometimes. No matter what the devs are working on - it's wrong, reeks of desperation, and is basically a failure even before it actually goes live. No matter what the devs offer - they're immediately flooded with "waaah, I did not want this toy, I wanted that one, so eff you BioWare". I understand customer rights, I understand wanting the game to get as good as possible, but this? This is a bunch of frustrated, entitled people killing all the fun for themselves and everyone else in the process.

That's because people are tired of how the Cartel market bussiness litterally overdominates all other things in this game.

People, even on the internet, are more than just numbers. They like to be treated with a sense of mutual respect and common sense. And while you'll always have haters, you will find that when a community is the recipient of such respect and sensibility, it also becomes much easier to return these traits.

The "respect" lately shown by bioware leaves me with the stereotype impression of a sly businessman smiling at you while trying to sell you a bad bargain.

In the run of the latest year especially I've began wondering weither Bioware's SWToR team consists of people who primarily studied Game Development... or Marketing..

I've lost alot of my faith in Bioware as a whole over the last years. The only reasons I stay are because;

1) I *Love* the Star Wars universe.

2) I Like the SWToR community. Aside from a few rotten apples which can be easily ignored, there's a wealth of wonderful people still playing this game.

As for entitlement... Is it our money paying all the wages in the end or did I miss out a newsflash about EA becoming a charity? I admit there have been times where player feedback was less "whiny". But that's because so little seems to actually happen with said feedback!

The forums are filled to the brim with good ideas, suggestions, requests. Seemingly with the sole purpose of collecting Virtual Cyberdust.

My point is...; If all you see here is a "Toxic Community". Then you are quite likely missing the underlaying issue.

Hey folks,

The Lightning Weapon Tuning is exclusive to the Cartel Market, but there may be future Tunings available from other sources.

Please give some of these to Armstechs, just as Artificers have dye modules.

For the rest of it, thanks for the clarifications.

Edited by IanArgent

Well on the bright side, those other sources maybe a crafting skill like cybertech (seeing as artifice makes dyes cybertech i feel would be the most logical one imo) or something, or as reward from the eternal championship or something later on so i guess thats somewhat exceptable seeing as they wont be added to collections.

QUESTION:

How did this feature get prioritized over adding weapons to costumes?

I'd like to know this as well? And when are we going to get this feature? I'm waiting to spend lots of CCs for weapon unlocks in my collections...

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

Hey folks,

We have seen a lot of questions come up about Weapon Tuning and I wanted to address some of the bigger ones we keep seeing.

Is Weapon Tuning purely cosmetic?

Yes, they do not affect the stats of the weapon in any way.

Will we be able to modify existing weapons?

Many of the existing weapons you have will support the Weapon Tuning slot, but not all. We will continue adding them to existing weapons over time and all new weapons introduced will have this slot.

Are they affected by Color Crystals?

Yes.

Will Tuning effects stack with existing weapon effects?

Yes.

Can we turn the effect on and off like a flourish?

No, similar to existing weapon effects, when the weapon is drawn the effect will always be shown.

Are Weapon Tunings destroyed if removed from a weapon?

No, they are removable from weapons just like other mods and for the same cost as extracting a Color Crystal.

Rather unfair to make them Cartel Market exclusive. At least make one or two available through alternate means, make crew skills viable for that or something.

Also more importantly, make them unlockable in collections ASAP. Otherwise you don't have to expect me to buy much of them or at all.

So question, will they be unlockable in Collections? If you would listen to your playerbase as you say you do, I'd say the answer should be "yes".

This looks like a nice addition. I have seen some pretty neat looking effects on sabers, but I didn't like the weapons themselves. Which is why I sincerely hope that in time, all modable weapons will have tuning slots (or that we can add them ourselves like augment kits). Yes, even the old non-CM ones, because those are usually the ones I like due to CM sabers usually being way too big. So if these tunings are only going to be useable in CM weapons, well, I'll file this new fluff addition along with GSF gas canisters under "Useless, effectively". :p

I'm also not really liking that they aren't in collections, though I am guessing that has something to do with the fact that CM color crystals can be passed around in legacy weapons and added to a character's collections for free that way. I suppose not destroying it on removal is a decent compromise. However, I hope that this is kept in mind when their rarity is being decided.

Bioware why are you dodging my question?

It is obvious but please be open about this so i ask again.

What type of rarity will be these new weapon tuning mods silver, gold or bronze?

Edited by Divona

Hey folks,

[...]

Hey Dan, or to whomever might read this. I might not be a fan of the way your business ethics are moving..

But I have a genuine suggestion for you regardless.

A simple idea I've been thinking about for ages. I'm sure others have toyed with the idea as well.

I apoligise for the size, just trying to make the base idea noticed, if at all.

- "Weapon Sound Customisation"

Do you have any idea how many of us bought some fancy super'cool' looking weapon with or without an 'awesome' Visual FX only to equip it! Getting ready to unleash it! AND THEN!! ...

Bleeding ears and Post Dramatic Audio Disorder. Some of us never truly recovered.

But as a sign of goodwill, and to prevent any further victims of this terrible affliction;

Please concider this humble idea.

(Addendum: If coding such a feature would be a feasable idea, further implementation of Custom Voice Modulators for Helmets may bring out some much needed intonation to our vocabulary.)

Edited by Osgorion
Typo