Fireworks are getting more expensive and worse in quality.

TheBBP

• Sparkling fountains - Garbage.
  • Mortar Shells - Garbage.
  • Sparklers - Garbage.
  • Missile Batteries - Scary and unpredictable garbage.

Between all of us, my family spent more money than I would like to admit to on this trash and they were WEAK. I don't think I will ever spend another dime on that trash. I would rather pay to go see it done like a pro.

Then you're getting them from the wrong place. Spent a few hundred dollars in FWs and had an amazing display. Well worth it I'd say.

That is cool. I have no idea what to look for.

I used to go out with a girl who worked in a fireworks factory. Got lots of freebies, more than you could use. Used to have a fireworks party every time we came home drunk from the pub. Police were called once because rockets were being launched out of the window at cars in the street.

Her job was not really what she expected, though. It mostly consisted of covering up "Made in China" with stickers that said they were made in the UK and conformed to British Safety Standards.

So go out with a girl who works in a fireworks factory is my advice.

Edited by PLynkes

I used to go out with a girl who worked in a fireworks factory. Got lots of freebies, more than you could use. Used to have a fireworks party every time we came home drunk from the pub. Police were called once because rockets were being launched out of the window at cars in the street.

Her job was not really what she expected, though. It mostly consisted of covering up "Made in China" with stickers that said they were made in the UK and conformed to British Safety Standards.

So go out with a girl who works in a fireworks factory is my advice.

I value my marriage.

• Dev Post

I feel like I am the odd man out in that I really don't like fireworks! I know it is very not 'MURICA! of me.

Remember that firework that went up into the sky and blew up loudly into some colors? Me too, it is called all of them :rak_03: I wish I could appreciate them more, I just can't get into them.

-eric

Remember that firework that went up into the sky and blew up loudly into some colors? Me too, it is called all of them :rak_03: I wish I could appreciate them more, I just can't get into them.

-eric

Hahaha, this seriously was my thoughts for a long time, then I became a chemist and learned what made the different colors, so now I really enjoy them!

It is funny, when I first saw this post, I thought it was some complaint that the fireworks in the Cartel Market weren't up to snuff. Glad to see it was RL complaints, which are probably true.

Not one for doing fireworks personally, but I do like watching them.

I feel like I am the odd man out in that I really don't like fireworks! I know it is very not 'MURICA! of me.

-eric

I feel that way after the experience that we had last week.

How many days left till football season anyways?

-eric

You need to light them while you're holding them and point them at people... Much more fun

-eric

Hey Eric, have you ever seen Disneyland fireworks show? They're definitely something special. Especially the Christmas shows.

I agree with the OP that the "safe" fireworks you can buy at the stands are getting worse and worse. When I was a kid, we had the cool sparklers with the metal stick that could burn your hands off and the Snakes that actually lasted a long time (and permanently burned black spots into the sidewalk). Also the Piccalo Peets that you could modify to shoot up into the sky and land on people's roofs. I miss those days.

Hey Eric, have you ever seen Disneyland fireworks show? They're definitely something special. Especially the Christmas shows.

I agree with the OP that the "safe" fireworks you can buy at the stands are getting worse and worse. When I was a kid, we had the cool sparklers with the metal stick that could burn your hands off and the Snakes that actually lasted a long time (and permanently burned black spots into the sidewalk). Also the Piccalo Peets that you could modify to shoot up into the sky and land on people's roofs. I miss those days.

You just reminded me of why I probably don't care about fireworks. I worked at Disneyland for 6 years during school and the only thing that excites me about the Disneyland firework show now is that the lines for the rides get shorter.

Roman candle fight!

Or the late '80s version: Buy bottle rockets under aged at 7-11, obtain PVC pipes, bazooka battle!

/nostalgia

I did that too. Remember when letting your kids have fun was allowed? Now it would probably be considered child abuse. Young kids today are huge wimps.