Next PTS Patch Timing

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Some quick updates on timing for Phase 2 PTS based on my post from last week. We will likely have another patch this week which will solely contain changes for Dxun.

If you are helping us test loot acquisition on PTS, take a breather. The list of changes we posted about last week are coming, but most likely not this week. It is our goal to get a patch up (hopefully early) next week which will contain everything so all of you can help us test those changes in earnest. I will share more details on timing once I have them.

Thanks all.

-eric

Some quick updates on timing for Phase 2 PTS based on my post from last week. We will likely have another patch this week which will solely contain changes for Dxun.

If you are helping us test loot acquisition on PTS, take a breather. The list of changes we posted about last week are coming, but most likely not this week. It is our goal to get a patch up (hopefully early) next week which will contain everything so all of you can help us test those changes in earnest. I will share more details on timing once I have them.

It would be good if the Dxun changes this week or the "rest of the changes" next week include full gear drops for Dxun SM and HM. Pretty please!!!!

Man, people are being such drama queens.

Eric, thanks for the heads up on taking a breather. Look forward to seeing what changes are coming next week.

I do hope the issues with crafting complexity (too many rare mats for green level items) get addressed too.

For those freaking out about the game, they can still push it into November, and for all the people who love to piss and moan, it won't end up mattering if they get it right in the end.

Edited by ZionHalcyon

Though I've definitely had some tension filled ranty outbursts during testing, I found the last patch pretty effective in getting higher rated items to drop - I managed to get a single toon to 306 in less than 2 days of Hammer Vet spam (which I did solo) and a few visits to vendor. Not to mention that the entire set of 306 gear works on all my DPS alts, so there's that.

With tech frags and Kai Zykken I was able to get a full set of Berserker and 2 set of Alacrity bonus gear (which I did after getting unmoddable trash to 306). The mods are still sub-optimal, I'm hoping the changes Eric mentioned will be implemented soon. Mods are a nightmare currently - it's RNG x 480 due to the number of mod variants (20 ?!?!) x mod slots in a full set of gear, and the fact that the ONLY way to get them is RNG loot drops or RNG vendor.

RNG Vendors need to NOT be a thing. This is the single worst idea so far in PTS, and I think a lot of the complaining would stop if two things happened:

1) No more (or at least VERY few) unmoddable trash gear drops after reaching level 70

2) No more RNG vendors

I'm really hoping that higher value items, particularly gear bonus sets, will drop more predictably in higher difficulty content. For instance, I'd expect a very high percentage likelyhood that the set bonus gear item I am currently missing would drop on last boss of any NiM content, with it somewhat lowered for HM.

I'd also expect a $%^#ton of tech frags to drop from more challenging content like NiM and ranked, so that buying those last set pieces & tacticals would happen quicker if I'm running that content.

If I'm spamming HM & NiM content I should be able to get the gear I want (!) at a much more brisk pace than if I'm solo spamming vet Hammer Station.

I'm not against some RNG. But just like every single other poster on this forum, I do find unmitigated RNG with no alternative to be excrutiatingly frustrating.

and...

:rak_02:RNG vendors are a HUGE SLAP IN THE FACE.:rak_02:

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We are going to be bringing PTS down today to start pushing our next patch. Unlike what I said above, we did actually get some of the new loot acquisition changes in. The things in this next patch are:

• Dxun Changes
  • Vendors have been added that sell tacticals and set bonus shells directly
  • Loot now drops only for your current discipline

I will spin up new feedback threads with more details once we are ready to bring PTS up fully, hopefully today or tomorrow.

Thanks all.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Dxun Changes

Very minor thing, I know, but could we finally get a name for that operation? I get that you keep referring to the Corellia flashpoint as just that due to possible spoilers, but you told us this op is more like Ravagers in that it has nothing to do with the story of the expansion, so a name would be nice.

Edited by BenKatarn

• Vendors have been added that sell tacticals and set bonus shells directly

This one's pretty good. Makes RNG less of (but still) a factor in gearing.

Honestly though, RNG is a gear factor in a lot of MMOs, only FF14 from what I've seen tries to forgo it entirely with vendors.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We discovered a few more issues and are going to bring PTS offline so we can get them resolved. Expect a new PTS build tomorrow so we can test Dxun through the weekend. We are going back to the original plan of continuing acquisition testing next week!

Thanks all.

-eric

Hey folks,

We discovered a few more issues and are going to bring PTS offline so we can get them resolved. Expect a new PTS build tomorrow so we can test Dxun through the weekend. We are going back to the original plan of continuing acquisition testing next week!

Thanks all.

-eric

You know, you guys tried to get it out to us, so I appreciate that!

Very minor thing, I know, but could we finally get a name for that operation? I get that you keep referring to the Corellia flashpoint as just that due to possible spoilers, but you told us this op is more like Ravagers in that it has nothing to do with the story of the expansion, so a name would be nice.

IIRC, the name of the op on the lockout is something like Rapid Response Initiatives? I think Dxun sounds better than calling it RRI though

Edited by Pizza_boy