Lana Appreciation Thread - Love for the Dark Advisor! Haters, please stay away,

IoNonSoEVero

For IoNo! It's a bit messy but my sketches always seem to be! I hope you like it. I kind of mixed her default sets together attempting to be creative.:o

https://i.imgur.com/TDPfBW2.jpg

Sorry if I butchered her.:D

That looks really great! Well done. Does this mean we get more pictures and maybe for other characters as well.... (I can be hopeful right)?

That looks really great! Well done. Does this mean we get more pictures and maybe for other characters as well.... (I can be hopeful right)?

Thank you! And yes at some point:o. I'm drawing/painting things for friends from other games so I can't really commit to drawing much else. I just quickly wanted to make something for IoNo! :D

Anyway, thank you everyone for the kind words. :) And hopefully we'll see more Lana lovers come in here and share their passion like we all love to do in our appreciation threads!

o7

I like Lana atm more than other companions because of her qualities , she genuinely cares more about the best interests of the galaxy and the empire than her own self interest, she is loyal to my character, she went through all the trouble to help my character to escape from the Zakuul custody and she is wise and pragmatic. My sorceress is in love with her and will dump Andronikos for her. Edited by Lunablade

• 3 weeks later...
I think Lana is ok. I never have been a "Lanamancer" (is that what they call it? :) ) but I do ICly appreciate everything she's done; 1-Our Life, 2-Built the Alliance Base, 3-Did much/most of the planning and generally not a bad person really. She does have her "Moments" and at times Temper Tantrums but so do most people really. I am glad to be moving on and with the L.I. reunions its really starting to look like despite all that's happened Lana may become the "Romantic Pariah" and that's not good. She's not bad though; not at all :). Edited by MikeCobalt

I

(snip)

I am glad to be moving on and with the L.I. reunions its really starting to look like despite all that's happened Lana may become the "Romantic Pariah" and that's bad. She's not bad though; not at all :).

I don't know about that. :) I think some people do end up ditching their class story LI for her - and of course, some of us didn't bother with our class romances at all, either because we didn't find them interesting or we don't like boys. :) The value of Lana as a F/F romance option can't be understated.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I don't know about that. :) I think some people do end up ditching their class story LI for her - and of course, some of us didn't bother with our class romances at all, either because we didn't find them interesting or we don't like boys. :) The value of Lana as a F/F romance option can't be understated.

And for some, she's just an awesome LI/Character :)

Also I expected we'd hear how she lost her hand by now (lightsaber, obviously, I know!), but it gets no comment or acknowledgement whatsoever at any point.

I'm pretty sure Charles Boyd posted somewhere that she didn't lose her hand but was in fact wearing a power gauntlet, but I don't remember if that was here on the forums or on twitter somewhere.

I love that they actually made her a natural blonde (check the eyebrows...) but I could see her looking good with brown hair, too.

I'm a natural blonde myself, almost a white blonde actually, but my eyebrows have always been a very dark brown. So, just because people have dark eyebrows doesn't mean they aren't natural blondes.

I'm a natural blonde myself, almost a white blonde actually, but my eyebrows have always been a very dark brown. So, just because people have dark eyebrows doesn't mean they aren't natural blondes.

I never said it did - just pointing out that someone with light eyebrows like Lana naturally has a light hair color, because I've seen some snarky comments about her and peroxide on this board. I have a light hair color myself, and my eyebrows and eyelashes have always been almost invisible.

I never said it did - just pointing out that someone with light eyebrows like Lana naturally has a light hair color, because I've seen some snarky comments about her and peroxide on this board. I have a light hair color myself, and my eyebrows and eyelashes have always been almost invisible.

Thats what I get for skimming comments to make sure the glove comment hadn't been replied too... your's just stood out to me among the others because of my dark eyebrows.

I am not sure about the english version, but in the german version of the game Lana has the same voice actress as Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect 2&3 (which makes here even more seductive to a Miranda fanboy like me). As some might know, Miranda is based on the (blonde) actress Yvonne Strahovski, so i just looked if there is some artwork about Yvonne as Lana Beniko. And indeed, there is.

http://pics.livejournal.com/littlestarletta/pic/0028rd4c

Love it...:)

Edited by McBaal

Question, I broke up with Lana for Vette and now I realized I made a huge mistake as I likely can't have kids with Vette and even if I did they'd look like freaks, is there a way to get back with Lana?

You gone and screwed up! Time to reroll and get that loving Lana back :p

Question, I broke up with Lana for Vette and now I realized I made a huge mistake as I likely can't have kids with Vette and even if I did they'd look like freaks, is there a way to get back with Lana?

Depends. Most species can interbreed with Twi'Lek. The skin might look a little weird, but otherwise it works. But as much fun and cute as Vette is, she just talks too much imo. Lana on the other hand should relax a littlebit more sometimes i think. Her attempts of joking are...well...:o

You gone and screwed up! Time to reroll and get that loving Lana back :p

And don't play KOTFE when they're doing a major patch because the romance bug still exists. And make sure you always pick the [flirt] "I need to talk to one of you" choice in chapter 9 in the cantina because if you miss that, the boat has sailed for romance with any of the KOTFE companions.

I recently came back to the game after a hiatus of over six years. At first, I dreaded doing any of the major expansions post-Hutt Cartel because I'd read over and over how game-breaking it (KOTET/KOTFE) was and how no one liked the 'main characters': Theron and Lana.

Have to say I love Lana because we don't see any reasonable Sith in SWTOR aside from the handful including Marr and Vowrawn. You have to wonder how The Empire is able to operate if only a bunch of absolute lunatics are pulling the strings. That said, without much detail on her background (idk if I missed it) I do wonder how she achieved an influential position among the Sith. I hope that we players can explore her backstory, if that means she pulls a betrayal like

Zash (a faux-decent Sith; not sure if this actually needs spoiler tag)

then I wouldn't be surprised but I'd enjoy more story-content that makes sense. I compare Lana to her because we know Lana is quite attuned to the Force, seeks knowledge, and seems polite (except with SCORPIO hah) but to what purpose? Lana's fascination with the Outlander is, at first, touching but you must wonder if she does not have some bigger plan to use the PC like

Valkorion or Zash

in order to gain more power. Lana says she doesn't want titles and seems to want for nothing but, come on, every Sith has greater desires, no? She's not a Jedi.

I recently came back to the game after a hiatus of over six years. At first, I dreaded doing any of the major expansions post-Hutt Cartel because I'd read over and over how game-breaking it (KOTET/KOTFE) was and how no one liked the 'main characters': Theron and Lana.

Have to say I love Lana because we don't see any reasonable Sith in SWTOR aside from the handful including Marr and Vowrawn. You have to wonder how The Empire is able to operate if only a bunch of absolute lunatics are pulling the strings. That said, without much detail on her background (idk if I missed it) I do wonder how she achieved an influential position among the Sith. I hope that we players can explore her backstory, if that means she pulls a betrayal like

then I wouldn't be surprised but I'd enjoy more story-content that makes sense. I compare Lana to her because we know Lana is quite attuned to the Force, seeks knowledge, and seems polite (except with SCORPIO hah) but to what purpose? Lana's fascination with the Outlander is, at first, touching but you must wonder if she does not have some bigger plan to use the PC like

Valkorion or Zash

in order to gain more power. Lana says she doesn't want titles and seems to want for nothing but, come on, every Sith has greater desires, no? She's not a Jedi.

Well, she didn't say she didn't want power. What she didn't want is a title (and likely a target on her back). :p

Valkorion or Zash

I personally think the only desire she has is to keep the Outlander/Commander safe and help them save the galaxy. She offers to sacrifice herself for them numerous times, and means it, and she seems content to be on the sidelines. I don't think there's any ulterior motive beyond that. She has power as an advisor and it seems to be what she wants. I don't think being a Sith means she's using the Outlander or has an ulterior motive beyond that.