Question of the Day 4/18/2013

CourtneyWoods

Dorne. Due to game mechanics, it's best to have a healer along with my tank.

This is a problem for all classes. It would be a nice QoL improvement to be able to switch any companion's role. That way we can choose the companion based on desire rather than game mechanics.

M1-4X. Since i'm a healer, i prefer to send 4X in then stand back and heal him, occasionally getting off a mortar volley or other AoE. I have tried Tanno Vic but... Come on, 4X has the best companion voice in the game. Fact.

EDIT: To answer the above, 4X does a fantastic job holding agro, along with my threat drop abilities

Edited by Bomyne

Elara. She's the ONLY viable companion while leveling. Nobody else can come close to player DPS and the tanks do a pathetic job holding aggro.
Pretty much this.

I'll take care of the killing and holding aggro and Dorne will keep me alive.

My Commando is only lvl 31, and runs around with Elara Dorne. Ditched Aric when I could. For some reason I never liked him, maybe because of his introduction on Ord Mantell. I don't hate him, but like Elara better. Nice accent too. Pity my femTrooper can't romance her. Ah well...

Jorgan. We rip through everything before it can touch us.

^ This. Exactly.

DPS vanguard with a well-geared Jorgan (i.e. all your hand-me-downs) = **** just dies. Plus, he can pinch hit as a tank. On tough mobs, I'd send him in first, taunt off when he got low. Think I pulled out Elara once during leveling...for about 10 min.

My Commando is only lvl 31, and runs around with Elara Dorne. Ditched Aric when I could. For some reason I never liked him, maybe because of his introduction on Ord Mantell. I don't hate him, but like Elara better. Nice accent too. Pity my femTrooper can't romance her. Ah well...

Yeah Catman! Should have thought about your future advancement opportunities before you busted my.. hump.. back on Ord Mantell. Now, get back in that gun locker!

Ahem. I always have Elara out with my Gunnery Commando. She's a great healer and my trooper gets a kick out of it every time he's told to: "Hold still!" Plus she does fill out a regulation uniform very nicely.

Aric Jorgan is by my side. We pretty much own our foes. And I do not want to miss any flirt dialogue :>

I'm running with Elara for the same reason.

I also made my Vanguard look like a 70s action hero, with that awesome 'fro, then I got Elara the custom kit that makes her black to build on that feel since biracial couples were all the rage in 70s action films.

Maybe when the Cathar are released I'll make a female Cathar Commando and have her run around with Aric so I can have two cat people running around with big honkin' machine guns. I'm saving a pair of autocannons from the latest Cartel Packs for that purpose.

Edited by nateslice

You must be new to Trooper...

Elara. She's the ONLY viable companion while leveling. Nobody else can come close to player DPS and the tanks do a pathetic job holding aggro.

You must be new to Trooper...

Aric Jorgan is the way to go for Combat Medics. You heal-tank through anything (including on-level Heroic+4 missions) while Aric guns down the mobs.