My BiS stats! I want the IA community to confirm or help adjust these stats.

JohnElias

Still no one knows about the ~39% crit chance being BiS for operative?

I kept on hearing people saying go to 39% crit.

My operative has all datacrons and nearly optimized in full WH (working on 3 more mods which is why I am asking this).

I currently have 230ish crit which puts me at 34.52% crit. If I go all crit on the remaining 3 mods I will be sitting little over 310 crit at the cost of about total of 70+ power in exchange...

So what's better?

Well looking at the DR graph to get to 40% crit you really have to wade through a really steep curve to get there, I cannot see how that is the best optimisation for gear. I got to 35% crit (buffed) and then stacked power so I don't suffer from such severe DR. Not saying I'm right just saying what I did and the reasons for it :)

Well looking at the DR graph to get to 40% crit you really have to wade through a really steep curve to get there, I cannot see how that is the best optimisation for gear. I got to 35% crit (buffed) and then stacked power so I don't suffer from such severe DR. Not saying I'm right just saying what I did and the reasons for it :)

Thanks, yea with buffs Im right on 35% crit as well, just want to make sure coz if you look at previous pages in this thread someone mentioned BiS is ~39% crit which means even with all my WH mods I would have to give up a lot of power (150+ power) to gain 4% crit to get to 39% with existing acquirable PvP gear.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I updated my gear, I am currently using WH Barrels w/ BH Armorings for increased Endurance and mainstat. The increased crit also lets me sneak in a Power mod for maximum damage. These are the two reasons why I have done the mentioned changes:

1. The increased Endurance from the BH Armorings, and the 4% Endurance increase from the Skill tree will make my Revitilizers' 2% heal me for a bit more, making my survivability a little better, along with the higher HPs.

2. I noticed that with the PvE Armorings, I do a lot more damage. I can crit a Hidden Strike for ~4.8-5.1K+ on decently geared players.

These are my observations, and I am currently liking the changes. Let me know what you guys think concerning:

Crit caps

Expertise caps

And overal PvP v PvE gear for Operatives

I'm always looking to change/adjust something on my Operative. :)

Hey guys. I updated my gear, I am currently using WH Barrels w/ BH Armorings for increased Endurance and mainstat. The increased crit also lets me sneak in a Power mod for maximum damage. These are the two reasons why I have done the mentioned changes:

1. The increased Endurance from the BH Armorings, and the 4% Endurance increase from the Skill tree will make my Revitilizers' 2% heal me for a bit more, making my survivability a little better, along with the higher HPs.

2. I noticed that with the PvE Armorings, I do a lot more damage. I can crit a Hidden Strike for ~4.8-5.1K+ on decently geared players.

These are my observations, and I am currently liking the changes. Let me know what you guys think concerning:

Crit caps

Expertise caps

And overal PvP v PvE gear for Operatives

I'm always looking to change/adjust something on my Operative. :)

Can you post a AMR link please dude, can't really tell what your stats are just by looking at a list of gear.

I'm personally not a fan of dropping expertise for any stat, all the DR graphs I see for it are consistent so if it's the best choice when you have 10 expertise it's still the same choice when you have 1000. A part of this which is frequently overlooked is you probably will hit harder with some PVE armourings/mods than just straight exp but that's because expertise doesn't just increase your damage.

With my current level of exp i have:

25% damage boost

20% damage reduction

14% healing boost

So you may very well crit for 100-200 more on hidden strike but you'll get healed for less, get hit for more and heal others for less (if you ever feel the need to help out). I could very well be completely wrong with this but from all the DR graphs I've seen you're trading an almost consistent increase for some kind of DR with other stats (other than power and mainstat which are also fairly consistent).

I'd love to see a proper AMR profile though just to look at the figures, I'm always open for correction :)

I'd love to see a proper AMR profile though just to look at the figures, I'm always open for correction :)

I'll make one today if it'll help people out. I do realize Expertise increases more than just DPS, but from my perspective, I feel like I not only hit harder, but also heal much higher too. I have thrown around 6.8K Kolto Injections when heal specced. I have played full WH fora long time, and the past 2-3 months I have been starting to use the PvE armorings and have barely noticed a nerf on my heals/dps, actually it has increased, but that also is dependent on the warzone circumstances.

Edit: But I am greedy, and play very offensively trying to pull out as much DPS as possible; WHILE NOT FORGETTING TO PLAY OBJECTIVELY. lol I will sometimes offheal if needed, but it isn't my primary concern. With that said, the changes absolutely benefit my playstyle, but I will switch back to all my WH mods, take notes on my DPS, HEALS, damage taken, and slowly add PvE gear and see where I should stop adding PvE armorings to have the maximum benefit of both PvE and PvP gear.

Edited by JohnElias

I'll make one today if it'll help people out. I do realize Expertise increases more than just DPS, but from my perspective, I feel like I not only hit harder, but also heal much higher too. I have thrown around 6.8K Kolto Injections when heal specced. I have played full WH fora long time, and the past 2-3 months I have been starting to use the PvE armorings and have barely noticed a nerf on my heals/dps, actually it has increased, but that also is dependent on the warzone circumstances.

Yes, with PvE armorings, you will have higher stats, will does in turn lift damage and healing by an amount. I would call it small, others may call it moderate. In 1v1 fights, expertise or no expertise evens out.

However, if you are being focused by more than 1 person, then not having expertise becomes a bigger issue, as you have twice the damage coming in and are mitigating less of it, hence without expertise if being focused you will be defeated quicker. Its the reason most good healers do not run without more expertise, although as dps you may be able to get away with it.

I'm not running at 1240 exp, swapped out belt and bracers for skill armouring 27 and power WH mods and so far i've not really noticed much of a difference.

I could drop some more out to experiment but my instinct is telling me going below 1200 is unwise.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought this was an interesting thread since I have recently been playing around with either full WH or mix in the pve Armorings. I was at roughly 1300 exp cant rember exact stats on power/cunning ill post my current stats.

Level 50

HP: 19197 (missing all end datacrons working on it im sooo lazy.)

Strength: 63

Presence: 375

Aim: 118

Cunning: 2049

Endurance: 1651

Willpower: 63

Expertise: 1161

TECH

Bonus Damage: 1022.6

Bonus Healing: 739.0

Accuracy: 101.90%

Critical Chance: 31.37%

Critical Multiplier: 79.42%

Energy Regen Rate: 5.0

Activation Speed: 0%

Power: 1107

2 Piece PvE aswell.

Ive been high crit lower crit more power I think anything between 30-35 is good I'm all about as much burst as possible not saying its the best way but its how I enjoy playing :) Will gain SLIGHTLY on cunning/end and 7 power when I eventually trade over to EWH 1 relic and Armoring.

Interested to see what other people run :). bump!

Edited by Stimmed

Thought this was an interesting thread since I have recently been playing around with either full WH or mix in the pve Armorings. I was at roughly 1300 exp cant rember exact stats on power/cunning ill post my current stats.

Level 50

HP: 19197 (missing all end datacrons working on it im sooo lazy.)

Strength: 63

Presence: 375

Aim: 118

Cunning: 2049

Endurance: 1651

Willpower: 63

Expertise: 1161

TECH

Bonus Damage: 1022.6

Bonus Healing: 739.0

Accuracy: 101.90%

Critical Chance: 31.37%

Critical Multiplier: 79.42%

Energy Regen Rate: 5.0

Activation Speed: 0%

Power: 1107

2 Piece PvE aswell.

Ive been high crit lower crit more power I think anything between 30-35 is good I'm all about as much burst as possible not saying its the best way but its how I enjoy playing :) Will gain SLIGHTLY on cunning/end and 7 power when I eventually trade over to EWH 1 relic and Armoring.

Interested to see what other people run :). bump!

You have a ton of POWER - Are these mostly PVE MODS?

Your have a ton of CUNNING as well - Are there PVE mods?

Could you potentially list your mods, etc?

• 2 weeks later...
The amount of misinformation in this thread is astounding. People are taking the words of others without testing themselves.

Can you do us all a favour then and link to the correct information or even a completed BIS profile on AMR?

Cheers.

Can you do us all a favour then and link to the correct information or even a completed BIS profile on AMR?

Cheers.

The most glaring mistake I read was about the soft cap of crit being at 35% which is why some are stopping at 34%. The soft cap does not apply to char/talent/companion buffs.....so the 3% from talents, 1% from companions, and 5% from char buffs neglect rating cap. That means 40 extra crit rating will give you the same amount regardless of how much crit you get from the above. Now crit RATING along with crit from cunning will hit a soft cap (diminishing returns) at 30%. You can figure this number out by checking your crit on tech and subtract the "buffs" portion. That is why you heard the "39%" figure. 30% from soft cap, 5% from operative buff, 3% from talent, 1% from companion = 39%.

The next thing is expertise. The first 57 expertise @ 0 gives you 1.42/1.4/.76% for dmg/dmg red/healing. While @ 1201, 57 expertise gives you .77/.51/.44% respectively. OBVIOUSLY less at a higher level. Overall, expertise is a good stat for DPS/tanks almost no matter how much you have at these levels. BUT, if your concern is throughput, power pushes out expertise around the 1100 expertise level.

The most glaring mistake I read was about the soft cap of crit being at 35% which is why some are stopping at 34%. The soft cap does not apply to char/talent/companion buffs.....so the 3% from talents, 1% from companions, and 5% from char buffs neglect rating cap. That means 40 extra crit rating will give you the same amount regardless of how much crit you get from the above. Now crit RATING along with crit from cunning will hit a soft cap (diminishing returns) at 30%. You can figure this number out by checking your crit on tech and subtract the "buffs" portion. That is why you heard the "39%" figure. 30% from soft cap, 5% from operative buff, 3% from talent, 1% from companion = 39%.

The next thing is expertise. The first 57 expertise @ 0 gives you 1.42/1.4/.76% for dmg/dmg red/healing. While @ 1201, 57 expertise gives you .77/.51/.44% respectively. OBVIOUSLY less at a higher level. Overall, expertise is a good stat for DPS/tanks almost no matter how much you have at these levels. BUT, if your concern is throughput, power pushes out expertise around the 1100 expertise level.

You know what, this makes complete sense and I feel like moron for not realising it sooner. That being said, is it worth stacking the extra crit and losing out on power or does it just boil down to personal preference and play style?

I'm currently at 36.2% crit and 884 power (972 bonus damage) so it's not like there's going to be a massive difference even if I stack some more crit but I'd like to see some confirmation before I start redo-ing my EWH mods.

You know what, this makes complete sense and I feel like moron for not realising it sooner. That being said, is it worth stacking the extra crit and losing out on power or does it just boil down to personal preference and play style?

I'm currently at 36.2% crit and 884 power (972 bonus damage) so it's not like there's going to be a massive difference even if I stack some more crit but I'd like to see some confirmation before I start redo-ing my EWH mods.

What I do is use averages. If I want my HoT to tick for more overall, i go by average....because in the long run average will be what is represented on the scoreboard. Getting some freak streak of crits or non crits should equalize over a long game.

So you take your one set of gear, and attack your dummy. Make sure all variables stay the same (buffs). If it isn't something like a DoT that is static, then you want to get a good range of non crits. Once you find out what your average non crit is, take that number and multiply it by (1+critmultiplier*critchance). That is your average hit number. Change a piece of your gear to have more crit or power, and do it again. If your average is higher, then that will make for more dmg.

This does not take into account certain specs that have synergy around crit, or front loaded burst relying on crits to be competitive.

What I do is use averages. If I want my HoT to tick for more overall, i go by average....because in the long run average will be what is represented on the scoreboard. Getting some freak streak of crits or non crits should equalize over a long game.

So you take your one set of gear, and attack your dummy. Make sure all variables stay the same (buffs). If it isn't something like a DoT that is static, then you want to get a good range of non crits. Once you find out what your average non crit is, take that number and multiply it by (1+critmultiplier*critchance). That is your average hit number. Change a piece of your gear to have more crit or power, and do it again. If your average is higher, then that will make for more dmg.

This does not take into account certain specs that have synergy around crit, or front loaded burst relying on crits to be competitive.

Is there still no decent spreadsheet for us to put stats into? I have to admit, I've completely stopped following all of the theory crafting behind this game so I'm a little out of the loop at the moment.

Are there any decent theory websites these days? I used to read sithwarrior but it stopped being updated a while ago