incoming lowbie rant

darthtrunkmonkey

If your gonna do kuat drive yards...as a lowbie and have no clue how not to progress the main objective before the bonus stuff for the particular section has been cleared then dont click anything.

ive left so many runs because idiots go inside finish the objective and then screw themselves and the group out of the xp, people make mistakes i understand that. but its been known since the beginning of time that a majority if not all bonus objectives are cleared when the primary objective is changed to the end phase for the particular quest or instance

That is annoying, especially when you only need one more piece for the bonus.

I also hate when they just randomly pick stuff on the ship one, the clues are on the table for the correct build, but they just pick random stuff, even when you say you know how to find the correct build and are starting to tell them which ones to pick...the droids aren't that hard to kill, true, but still, mechanics people, they're there for a reason...(figured I'd add to the rant, not that anyone will really pay attention, lol).

*edited for spelling goofs, may still have missed one or two*

Edited by Rorhi

How low the level does the bonus give you enough xp that actually matters? The last time I checked it was like 15xp (not 15k) on a level 30s toon.

No, the quest says only 15xp, but the purple text after you kill it is much higher than that(on my lvl50 I was getting 15k from bonuses).

Honestly though, I don't mind too much if someone messes up and skips the bonus. I tell them nicely that they could have gotten more exp from the bonus, so that in the future they know why their team is yelling at them :) Though, I did run into a girl with my guildies who was trying to free the prisoners while we were killing the elite O_O still think she was a troll, or just completely clueless on how the game works(she was messing up everything we were doing, but got kicked before the boss).

Back to topic, I have only been here for a month, and my first few KDY runs I was skipping every bonus because I had no idea they were there, it wasn't until this weekend that I found out about them :) But now I try to make sure everyone I am running KDY with knows that we are going to kill the elite.