"Epic Story XP Boost" question

Areceus

Just a few quick questions.

So I've recently seen the xp and basic commendations buff added that is suppose to last until this coming autumn season. I was just wondering if it has started now, or does it not start until May 4th?

Also is says it is "inspired by the 12x XP boost" or whatever, so is it indeed 12x the normal experience? That is crazy!

If it has started and it is indeed 12x the normal amount, and if one had all the story mission xp buffs from the legacy character perk, and the 25% xp boost you get from certain story missions or the Cartel Market, I figure one could *Strictly* do class missions only and be able to keep their level equivalent to their story mission recommended level, right? With an amount like 12x the amount, I'd say it's possible, and if it is, I'm gonna finish leveling every other class and getting their companion missions finished for that sweet, sweet presence stat buff for all toons. <3

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it doesn't start until May 4th.

And yes, it should allow you to level with nothing but class story missions (while I haven't seen them come right out and say "yes, it is in fact exactly 12x", I do know that they originally chose the 12x multiplier because that was the specific amount of xp that would allow you to keep up with planet levels doing nothing but class missions).

As is my understanding, the entire point of doing this (and calling it "epic story") is because it is intended to allow you to level comfortably while completely immersing yourself in your class story, fully absorbing every aspect of it and not getting distracted by side missions that don't actually pertain to it.

Yes, it doesn't start until May 4th.

And yes, it should allow you to level with nothing but class story missions (while I haven't seen them come right out and say "yes, it is in fact exactly 12x", I do know that they originally chose the 12x multiplier because that was the specific amount of xp that would allow you to keep up with planet levels doing nothing but class missions).

As is my understanding, the entire point of doing this (and calling it "epic story") is because it is intended to allow you to level comfortably while completely immersing yourself in your class story, fully absorbing every aspect of it and not getting distracted by side missions that don't actually pertain to it.

Well, that is precisely the answer I was looking for. Thank you Tim! :)

The x12 boost does not stack with legacy xp unlocks, or with class mission xp boost items. It does stack with the "general" xp boost tiems, and the Guild xp boost. But even without any boosts, it's enough that you can level up fine just doing class missions. Edited by Adric_the_Red

Do we have an official start time for the 12x XP boost on the 4th?

Assuming it is already in place and can be just switched on without bringing the servers down (or perhaps no more than a quick reset), I'm hoping for 12:01AM PST Monday morning! ;)

Do we have an official start time for the 12x XP boost on the 4th?

Assuming it is already in place and can be just switched on without bringing the servers down (or perhaps no more than a quick reset), I'm hoping for 12:01AM PST Monday morning! ;)

Based on this post:

Hey folks,

I have seen some questions and theories around what will happen with Ziost on Monday. I thought I would pop in and let you know (spoiler free!) what to expect. At 8AM PDT on Monday, May the 4th, is when the conclusion of Game Update 3.2 will become available.

I figure the 12x boost will start at 8am, along with all the other stuff.

I don't know if there will be any server downtime, but they have said there will be no patch to download Monday.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

Just to add a very important point to those mentioned by others, above....

12x XP is only for subscribers....F2P & Preferred don't get access to it.

Yes be sure to note this. I have already heard F2P & Preferred saying great I get this until they are informed it is for Subs only.

I don't understand. I logged in today and there was no boost. How do you get it. I am a subscriber and have always been.

some one said before that it starts at 8am PDT. thats in about 30 mins. if im not wrong