Sentinel and marauder balance

Anosa

Merc's CAN hit for 5k lol..

sorcs is probably the rarest class to hit 5k but full madness (esp with aoe buff_ can give 5k+ on death field on badly geared players or some even geared if you have lots of power..

that's a issue too. I am full war hero except my implants. Ive never crit a player above like 4.5k. and thats very rare for me. Sorc need burst/heavy force use skills

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorcs are fine as is, as well as mercs when it comes to dps.

By "fine" he means it's fine that you die very quickly to his superior class, you are just content for him to defeat as he gains twice as many commendations as you gain consistently which furthers the divide between his strength and yours.

Edited by NathanielStarr

Ranged classes are fine when it comes down to DPS, the problem is the sheer amount of interrupts, snares and stuns going around effectively shutting out the entirety of sage/sorc DPS.

Leap should not have an interrupt tied to it, I think that'd definitely be a start in helping ranged out. In doing this we don't effect PvE. Adding more DPS to mercs/sorcs would only serve to make them OP in PvE and wouldn't fix any of the actual problems for them in PvP

Edited by SharpG

Ranged classes are fine when it comes down to DPS, the problem is the sheer amount of interrupts, snares and stuns going around effectively shutting out the entirety of sage/sorc DPS.

Leap should not have an interrupt tied to it, I think that'd definitely be a start in helping ranged out. In doing this we don't effect PvE. Adding more DPS to mercs/sorcs would only serve to make them OP in PvE and wouldn't fix any of the actual problems for them in PvP

the Leap interruption should be changed to a root. I have no problem on increasing the DPS for Mercs/Sorcs just as long as their healing abilities are reduced the same amount when not specced full heal. And who cares if they become OP in PvE because devs can jack up the NPCs to offset any increase.

Edited by Ramtar

the Leap interruption should be changed to a root. I have no problem on increasing the DPS for Mercs/Sorcs just as long as their healing abilities are reduced the same amount when not specced full heal. And who cares if they become OP in PvE because devs can jack up the NPCs to offset any increase.

It already has a root, lol, it's a gap closer, an interrupt, and a root all in one.

I have to lol at nerfing their healing- is interrupting a freaking 3 second heal really that hard for you bud?

I love how in the PvP forums there are loads of people acknowledging how OP smashmonkies are while at the same time theres a thread in GD with a bunch of people defending smashmonkies saying they aren't OP....

devs will look more into what the people in GD are saying because they are PvErs and PvPers whine a lot about everything.

shhh let the forum qqers believe that GBTF/UR is our "OP" defensive cooldown pls. Shame that half the fotm rerollers seem to waste it on sorcs.

That's nothing, I've seen a pug using it every time it went off cd and he was at 100% hp :o

What server are you on where the pyro pts are so bad they can't beat smashers?

Or is it that you are all so bad you run in to get smashed, boosting his damage numbers?

Not trying to be rude, just saying. I get hit with a buffed smash less than 10 times an average night and I have nothing but mdps characters.

lol this lame class, the people that play it don't even know their abilities, they just assume people are standing there stupidly because they are so much better players than them.

As someone else stated, it already does that, it pretty much does everything except make toast.

Honestly I think changing things slowly and in small increments is the best option.

I think starting with the removal interrupts from leaps would go a LONG way in helping out the cast heavy classes from getting completely shut down. If that isn't enough/too much move from there.

Edited by SharpG

Honestly I think changing things slowly and in small increments is the best option.

I think starting with the removal interrupts from leaps would go a LONG way in helping out the cast heavy classes from getting completely shut down. If that isn't enough/too much move from there.

I agree with this

they stopped doing this after 1.2, you would no longer see any balance changes between major patches. Unfortunately.

My worry is that the Devs are seeing that the vast majority of the playerbase plays this class and will not balance them because of that.

don't have to worry about this. they nerfed sorc/sage when 80%(no joke) of the population played them.

it took a long time, but it happened.