Warrior smash spec

LastWizard

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone is playing a smash spec on that server, I hope you have the 30% reduction to AoEs. Seems like a good defense when everyone plays AoE.

^ one of the best advice.

Also, many better start thinking about bumping up Expertise.

1390 Expertise produces:

* 25.22% PvP Damage Boost

* 20.14% PvP Damage Reduction

* 14.00% PvP Healing Boost

I really don't know when PvP Damage/Reduction is finally applied but adding a 25.22% to a 5k Sweep/Smash becomes 6261.

Edited by Ramtar

Ways to avoid Smash:

1. Casually walk out of radius. Seriously, it's that easy.

2. Don't fight in a cluster

3. Use your Knockback

4. Get knocked back by Smasher's teammate

5. Absorb

6. Resist

7. Stun

8. Pull

Also keep in mind, Rage speced get SMASHED too. They're givers and receivers.

/THREAD

Ways to avoid Smash:

3. Use your Knockback

5. Absorb

6. Resist

7. Stun

8. Pull

/THREAD

9. Guard

10. Taunt

Yes they do, but I have been hit by 3-4k Smashes and returned 5k Sweeps.

What idiots Smash Juggs are you running into? Who would give up armor penetration, increase to force crit damage, and one of the abilities to build shockwave in order to go into vengeance? You would give up probably 1-2k damage per smash for this at least.

um, lol. They hybrid is actually quite effective, but very situational.

First, you don't give up the armor pen, the increased force damage at all.

You only give up shockwave and you get unremitting. This means that you can jump to someone w/ enrage up, they have to eat a full master strike unless sprint breaks root, then you follow w/ a smash choke smash.

You need to be more careful with your burst but it is still an extremely viable spec, especially w/ bubble stun sorcs running rampant.

Edited by Invictusthetaru

I see smash specs a problem as fotm but if only a couple then they are not a problem. The reason they are so fotm is how easy they are to play. I wish they could be made more difficult somehow lol. My jug and my sent are BY FAR the easiest to play of my 8 classes.

If there is only 1 or 2 then they are dangerous but also pretty easy to kill when their cds are down and you can stun them during their cds. However when there are 4 of them in a wz they are very annoying and they make the wz pretty boring. They also ruin gameplay for other melee dmg dealers since if there are 4 of them then its kind of hard to be melee range of anyone without risking a smash even if you are very aware of your surroundings.

The shorter time between smashes just made the spec so forgiving. Also, I don't think instant smash was ever needed since this was also part of the skill of the class and was largely why you didn't see nearly as many smashers since most weren't good enough to conistently land their smashes on multiple people most of the time.

the only problem with smash is its an AOE. remove the AOE and make it a single target attack and that will fix all. ill never understand how every single MMO always feels the need to make one class with a massive damage AOE attack. no AOE attack should ever come close to being the highest damaging attack in a game.

anyway, 1v1 its not a problem.

the only problem with smash is its an AOE. remove the AOE and make it a single target attack and that will fix all. ill never understand how every single MMO always feels the need to make one class with a massive damage AOE attack. no AOE attack should ever come close to being the highest damaging attack in a game.

That would literally make Warriors the most worthless class in objective based PvPs. There's already an entire plethora of our moves that won't work if we don't have a 100% clear shot of someone capping a node. Smash allows us to prevent capture without phycsically touching them.

Otherwise the only way we can stop a capture in games like Alderaan is to move into position (Which costs precious time during a cap, and with all the stuns/roots/slows could be far too late), or walk up and physically touch them -again- costs precious time.

Paralyzing Scream doesn't even stop a cap in progress. If I had a nickel for every time I was being slowed/rooted and hit Paralyzing Scream only to have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPEN (Not even a resolve issue), I'd be rich! It's like capping a node in Alderaan makes you immune to paralyzing scream (Or it's lag?).

tl;dr: Warriors already have the worst range and stealth (It's not even stealth, as you can still be targeted/attacked) in the game, so don't give them the worst AoE too.

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

anyway, 1v1 its not a problem.

Juggs need that for tanking.

The smash spec for warriors has taken over(at least on my server) and quite frankly I'm tired of this spec. No matter how I change my gear, kite, and use my force shroud,(assassin main) I'm still getting hit for 6-7k damage. Giving automatic AoE criticals isn't at all fair for other classes. I'm in full war hero gear and another player in bm/recruit hit me for 5k. If I don't have force shroud up, and the other player is half way decent, I'm most likely going to die, in a straight up fight it is very difficult for an assassin to beat a warrior. I just think the critical damage should be lowered. Hitting people for 1/3 of their health im one shot is ridiculous. I hate complaining but in wz's warriors/knights are really the only thing that slows me down. Anybody else think it's balanced? Or am I just lacking a lot of skill here?

If you cant beat a warrior with an asassins its you who needs to learn to play

I have both warlords shadow and knight ..

Ways to avoid Smash:

3. Use your Knockback

5. Absorb

6. Resist

7. Stun

8. Pull

/THREAD

1. No walking away is not easy since smash is instant now.

2. Not doable when fighting for a node in alderaan or defending doors in voidstars, moving on the narrow walkways in huttball etc.

3.Smash is instand kb does not work. End.

4.No bubble absorbs 7k.

5.Shroud (assasin) exclusive.

6.Same as knockback.

7. Same as point 6.

3.Smash is instand kb does not work. End.

4.No bubble absorbs 7k.

3. But it's easy as hell to anticipate a Smash. If it's done at the same moment as Smash is initiated, the target will be knocked back and the Smash will execute when the target lands. Annoying as **** when it happens. :D

4. It is totally feasible for the bubble to absorb a Smash completely if specced correctly (and if it's the first attack to damage the bubble).

3. But it's easy as hell to anticipate a Smash. If it's done at the same moment as Smash is initiated, the target will be knocked back and the Smash will execute when the target lands. Annoying as **** when it happens. :D

4. It is totally feasible for the bubble to absorb a Smash completely if specced correctly (and if it's the first attack to damage the bubble).

3. sure its easy, expect it every time the CD is up minus a second or two. This doesnt change how hard it hits. I miss one smash, no biggie, control the fight and set up the next.

4. Come on now, in light armor sages are Smash's biggest hitter, I've never had a full absorb smash with full shockwave. 1300 Expertise sages still give me the 5k medal and I am in stock WH weaponmaster gear, no min/maxing yet.

The spec is awesome, but really it's too awesome. Something is wrong when your goal in a 1v1 fight is to setup your AoE.

The smash spec for warriors has taken over(at least on my server) and quite frankly I'm tired of this spec. No matter how I change my gear, kite, and use my force shroud,(assassin main) I'm still getting hit for 6-7k damage. Giving automatic AoE criticals isn't at all fair for other classes. I'm in full war hero gear and another player in bm/recruit hit me for 5k. If I don't have force shroud up, and the other player is half way decent, I'm most likely going to die, in a straight up fight it is very difficult for an assassin to beat a warrior. I just think the critical damage should be lowered. Hitting people for 1/3 of their health im one shot is ridiculous. I hate complaining but in wz's warriors/knights are really the only thing that slows me down. Anybody else think it's balanced? Or am I just lacking a lot of skill here?

Hate to break it to you but this spec has been overpowered since launch, but it was concealments/scrappers that got nerf'd.

Smash spec was hitting 9k's at launch and noone noticed, because they didn't have stealth.

Marauders do have stealth. Expect that nerf to happen sooner than jug/guardians (which I'm ok with)

Sorc bubble stuns is running retarded stupid in PVP coupled with lolsmash spec FOTM's yes PVP sux right now.

But here's the saving grace. Even though I get hit every day by 7-8k smashes...

The more people abuse the mechanic the more noticeable to BW it becomes. Now if they just gave all classes stealth, the nerf's might happen quicker, but I wouldn't hold my breath other classes aren't concealments/scrappers.

Edited by Ahebish

Remove autocrit!!!!! No power surge stacking!!!! Remove autocrit!!!!!

Simpler fix is to give concealments/scrappers autocrit on HS and increase the damage on HS so we can shut these FOTM's down like we are supposed to in 1v1's instead of getting 2 shotted by them because our survival mechanics are non existant.

I know I know... was wishful thinking... But I had to try.

Edited by Ahebish

um, lol. They hybrid is actually quite effective, but very situational.

First, you don't give up the armor pen, the increased force damage at all.

You only give up shockwave and you get unremitting. This means that you can jump to someone w/ enrage up, they have to eat a full master strike unless sprint breaks root, then you follow w/ a smash choke smash.

You need to be more careful with your burst but it is still an extremely viable spec, especially w/ bubble stun sorcs running rampant.

You're right, I was thinking both abilities were tier 5, but it's the unnecessary Enraged Defense buff. It still increases the downtime on fully effective smashes without having force crush. Since i get free respecs now I might try it to see what happens, but I've never had a problem getting my smash off without it. It seems like an ability geared towards single target damage, but I'm not wasting smash on one target unless they're the only one around.

The hate is strong in this thread. But where are the numbers?

Rage is ubiquitous? Prove it. Let's see 10 non-photoshopped ss with more than 6 knights or warriors for a given day on the same server?

Rage is too powerful? Again... maybe you haven't, but I have seen other classes get more damage, more kills, more killing blows, more obj points and suffer fewer deaths than all of the rage warriors in a given wz. Actually it happens all of the time. There are some players I know that top damage fairly consistently whether they are playing their sent, sage or vigi guardian. And there are good teams that always play together and their dpsers do amazing things consistently. But those are the exception and not the rule. Show me wz stats that say rage is consistently topping dmg and dying the least?

Remember, without facts, numbers and evidence, mobs will cheerfully burn people for practicing witchcraft and experienced navigators have worried about sailing off the edge of the Earth. I'm not interested in the rationalizations of wounded egos and trolls just trying to rile people up. If you want to convince me (or BW), present some evidence. Thus far there is little.

Edited by WaywardOne