Who's your nemesis?

justdrop

On my Op heals, I'm not too fond of Concealment ops or full madness sorcs.

On my full madness sorc, I despise carnage marauders.

On my Van, I'm not a big fan of tankassins.

On my Carnage mara, I can't stand bubblestunners. Jeezy, we're stunned enough.

Any class: a rage jugg with points in unstoppable.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Pyrotech, it's DPS Scoundrels and Shadows. Although I have to say that the knifing sound from an Operative is the most annoying sound in the game.

Also, the Guardians/Sentinels who root me when I'm trying to chase down a healer.

On my sniper, if even a half-decent assassin/shadow wants to kill me, I will die, simply put, their skills and abilities are just designed in a bizarrely thorough way to counter snipers that they can literally make all of my abilities instantly useless.

Must be you, I struggle against some snipers that have the root on knockback and that with legshot I am a sitting duck.

Pyrotechs...on all my toons.

Powertechs

I know there are peeps who actually play the class correctly but I cannot stand the ones that use the ole two button flameburst/railshot rotation. And for some reason whenever I kill one with my madness sin they take offense I guess its embarrassing to lose to one so they spend the rest of the match hunting me down which is hilarious.

I've also noticed they like to do that a lot.

Must be you, I struggle against some snipers that have the root on knockback and that with legshot I am a sitting duck.

The root on knockback is baseline, and I cant use that or legshot if you have deflection and force shroud up, those few seconds are all a good assassin needs to wipe the floor with a sniper, and if you need more time? Vanish! This isn't even including the opener.

Just sayin, I struggle against assassins more than any class by far, well maybe a los sage/sorc, my charge immunity doesn't protect me against stealth.

Mebbe you should l2p?:p

and what about the hybrid/tank shadows/assassins that yank you into the flames? I think the shadow/assassin pull should be tied to a 'surprise!' emote.

At least you can see the pt/vanguard grapple coming...

"toastie!!"

-mk2

The root on knockback is baseline, and I cant use that or legshot if you have deflection and force shroud up, those few seconds are all a good assassin needs to wipe the floor with a sniper, and if you need more time? Vanish! This isn't even including the opener.

Just sayin, I struggle against assassins more than any class by far, well maybe a los sage/sorc, my charge immunity doesn't protect me against stealth.

Mebbe you should l2p?:p

Isnt leg shot weapon based damage? so shroud should have no affect on that what so ever and there is still a chance of it going through with deflection up. You would be surprised how many bad snipers blow their knock back when I have shroud up the good ones don't do this. If I have all my cooldowns up + combat stealth of course I can get out but I also play a class that has backloaded burst if any so most of the fights I get into are questionable at best.

Isnt leg shot weapon based damage? so shroud should have no affect on that what so ever and there is still a chance of it going through with deflection up. You would be surprised how many bad snipers blow their knock back when I have shroud up the good ones don't do this. If I have all my cooldowns up + combat stealth of course I can get out but I also play a class that has backloaded burst if any so most of the fights I get into are questionable at best.

I can't count how many times I've seen Gunslingers/Snipers use Entrench (CC immunity) immediately after being white barred. I facepalm soo hard lol.

true, but i don't like relying on chance in a heated fight, especially against such a mobile class, I'm not saying I can't kill one but it's usually a close fight when I do.

I can't count how many times I've seen Gunslingers/Snipers use Entrench (CC immunity) immediately after being white barred. I facepalm soo hard lol.

OMG. We were just talking about how switching between alts can affect you, but I haven't really even thought of this recently and am wondering how many times I might have done either thing. I did irritate myself using cover pulse on Unremitting a couple different times.

OMG. We were just talking about how switching between alts can affect you, but I haven't really even thought of this recently and am wondering how many times I might have done either thing. I did irritate myself using cover pulse on Unremitting a couple different times.

You know what's even worse? wasting an ambush when a sentinel has obfuscate on you. the debuff looks exactly like a sage's dot, that one gets me every time.

true, but i don't like relying on chance in a heated fight, especially against such a mobile class, I'm not saying I can't kill one but it's usually a close fight when I do.

**** id use leg shot every time it comes off cooldown and its only getting better which is nuts.

**** id use leg shot every time it comes off cooldown and its only getting better which is nuts.

Legshot is a HUGE reason I prefer MM over lethality and engineering. Hate having DOTs ruin it. I used it a lot in the big PvP event last weekend where people would run in and try to run out. Even 2 seconds where they can take damage there was enough for them to drop in that scenario. no sense trying to get an ambush off when all that other DPS is flying around.

Operative. Before I even realise what is going on - I'm at 40% hp. If im lucky. If not it is more like 20%. Such a difference - I used to spec tank, had no problems with them.

My targets - smashers. 1 on 1 always going for them.

I just looked at the 2.0 calculator. Holly crap you are not kidding! Add that in with some speed boosters available and improved entrench? Wow. Just wow. I can root and run like a mad man to kite, and once I am there, I will be un-leapable to have the ability to be unstunnable, and if you close the gap again; covered escape and I am entrenched again. Close again? Stun and run and might be able to rinse and repeat.

This is all hypothetical. I need to copy over and try this crap out. Just looks like more utility than Batman or all the James Bond movies combined.

Enemy Snipers... but not for the same reason as every else!

Only when I'm on my Gunslinger (Sharpshooter)

I always feel like it's a Sniper Wars shootout! I mean... It's the mirror class, no OP, no unbalanced advantage...all skill. Being a sharpshooter I have my Diversion smoke canister to pop them out of cover but... on that rare occasion, where I toss out that 'Diversion' at the exact time I get hit with a 'Diversion' and were both standing there covered in dat green smoke...

... Marksman Vs Sharpshooter... my ultimate nemesis. Not in a negative way, I love it. :D You'll find me abandoning the objective just to see who is the better shot. :o

As a gunslinger I see this ALL the time. SO much so I actually find it a total waste of time to take out another sniper/slinger gunning for me. I no proceed to annoy them even more by not engaging :)

I simply CC them and move away using los and engage more important targets as the time to kill another good sniper/slinger is far too long typically. And holy crapola this annoys so many of them and they go out of their way to take me out wasting TONS of time not engaging others on my team. It is their death bed too because I force them to move to ranges within other members of out teak who take him out.

I used to get stuck in battles all the time with players who get a rock on for trying to kill me (happens nearly every match as ego's are too large in many players). Pyrotechs are another class who have the ego of a mountain thinking they can kill anything and often go out of their way to kill me once I kill them. Their cute little ranges are so easy to get away from and drag them away from the main fight to get ganked by my team. If they annoy me more I simply kill them but nothing works more to annoy others and force them into dangerous areas than to simply ignore/cc them until rage and force them to do something stupid.

Three of any dps class at a node and they will burst you or can ops only burst now?

Lol ya posts like that are pretty funny. 3 decent players vs you? Umm ya, Doesn't matter what class they are ... you will die. It is only a matter of if it's a few seconds longer or not.

Edited by Tamanous