Soloing Herioc Missions

MajorMack

I'm playing solo right now, which means I have to skip the Heroic missions.

However, I assume that once I'm a few levels above a Heroic mission, I should be able to return to it and complete it solo. For example, "The Esseles" is a level 7-10 flashpoint that's Heroic 2+. I should be able to return to it once I'm level 15 or so and run it solo, right?

Another thing with soloing them: no social points. Esseles/Black Talon are the best sources of social points in the game, from what I've seen.

But, if you just can't get a group and want to experience it, then go for it. I had trouble finding a group for Trouble in Deed and Enemies of the Republic because I hit those areas in the wee hours of the morning for my server. I'll be going back to do them solo soon (since I figure most don't want a level 20+ facerolling it for them) because I can't stand leaving them in my quest log and just can't bring myself to abandon them.

Cool, thanks.

Sounds like I'll have to ensure that I don't go too far above the intended level. May take a little time to find the 'sweet spot' of high enough above that I can solo it, but not too high that it's no challenge (or making the drops worthless).

Cool, thanks.

Sounds like I'll have to ensure that I don't go too far above the intended level. May take a little time to find the 'sweet spot' of high enough above that I can solo it, but not too high that it's no challenge (or making the drops worthless).

Keep in mind that soloing a Heroic 2 will be significantly easier than a Heroic 4. Black Talon and Esselles are balanced for just 2 players, but all other Flashpoints are meant for four. You are going to have a harder time soloing them, and Heroic 4 missions out in the world can be really nasty.

1 more thing - when you solo it on 15 lvl you won't get good xp or items, there is really no point in doing it on lvl 15+, it is ment for lvl 10-13

Umm... No point in soloing them? There are very big reasons to solo them at around 17+. By that point, you should be able to easily solo them on any class if you've geared yourself up for the task.

Why? One angle is for alignment (Force faction) grinding. For example, the Sith Inquisitor story line gives you about 50% of the LS / DS opportunities of a Sith Warrior on the starter planet. In order to have a high enough force alignment to use Relic items at 20th, Inquisitors must alignment farm. At +200 pts alignment in either direction, Black Talon is a good source for shifting your force alignment score.

Another angle is companion affection (faction) grinding. I've got my SI choices for Khem Vhal down to an art form. Each solo run nets me +455 pts affection with Khem. That really boosts things quickly. Considering that your companions craft faster as they like you more, it's very worthwhile to grind up some affection. Disclaimer: You need to be the same force alignment as your companion to make this a viable choice.

The final angle is cash. A solo run of BT and vendoring all of the game drops will net you around 2k - 2.5k credits per run. For people who haven't figured out other methods to save money for their speeder license at 25th, this cash grind is a decent source of income.