Any fix for Low fps on warzones?

GGenjuro

Im a returning player after a long time. In fleet i get high fps even with many ppl around me . but in warzones its 25-40 fps when fighting.. I just googled it. many ppl suffering from this issue. I couldn't find a single fix for this then i wanted to try my luck by writing here asking you.

Im a returning player after a long time. In fleet i get high fps even with many ppl around me . but in warzones its 25-40 fps when fighting.. I just googled it. many ppl suffering from this issue. I couldn't find a single fix for this then i wanted to try my luck by writing here asking you.

There is no "fix". The problem is related to the game 'engine'.

The only thing you can do is get the fastest CPU you can afford*, and even then you will get fps drops in PvP, but it should stay playable.

* Any of the newest mainstream CPUs from Intel or AMD should work well enough. That is, the 9xxx or 10xxx series from Intel or Ryzen from AMD - not Pentium, Celeron, Athlon, etc.

Edited by JediQuaker

I'm beginning to wonder if the WZ mode has some sort of equaliser, that slows everyone down to the most potato PC that's in the specific WZ.

I don’t believe so because I rarely have half the issues people report here and I naturally have 220-230ms ping on top of any FPS issues.

My system isn’t a potato, but it’s also no longer state of the art. It just comes down to optimising your system and the in game settings to maximise performance vs visuals. And depending on your system spec, the trade off might be toned down graphics.

At the end of the day, a pvp player needs to decide if higher “bling” graphics is worth the performance trade off you can get when playing another human being and not the AI NPCs who’ve been coded to deal with potato PCs.

Sadly, this game engine isn’t optimised well and you can have the best system on the planet and still get issues in pvp if you try to run everything in the game on max and you don’t optimise you’re Windows PC to play swtor.

When someone lives close to the server, with a fast connection and a good system, they can afford to have the graphics up much higher than someone whose on the other side of the world with 230ms. But if anyone really wants to have better response rates against a human in this game, then they need to realise that playing at max settings will be detrimental.

There are things people can do outside of the game to improve performance in pvp.

1. Make sure you have no back ground apps running that aren’t specifically needed. Ie you need security software, but you don’t need to have YouTube, google or a game recording app running (that includes the windows Xbox gaming app)

2. Make sure the power setting in windows is set to 100% on the CPU.

3. If you have a half decent graphics card, use the software that came with it to increase the visuals in the game and turn them down in the actual game.

4. Check if there are any unnecessary windows services, apps or scheduled items running and disable them or turn them to manual. This can smooth out hiccups with FPS in pvp because the system resources are optimised.

5. If FPS is stable enough and it still feels like there are hiccups in pvp, then look to their own home network and also the connection between home and the server. Depending on the home network hardware, having QOS setup properly can make it feel smoother. There is also the option to use ping plotter to see if the network connection is steady between home and the servers. My ping graph is usually like a flat line, but sometimes when there are issues and it feels like it could be FPS, it’s actually packetloss or the flat graph line has started to look like someone having a heart attack.

A quick google search on how to stream line windows 10 for gaming will point most people in the right direction. There are even some links that come back to these forums on things to change to help with performance.

Unfortunately, people think if they have the best system they should be able to run this game at max settings in pvp and it be fine because the games 9 years old. Sadly, that’s not the case with this game.

There is no "fix". The problem is related to the game 'engine'.

The only thing you can do is get the fastest CPU you can afford*, and even then you will get fps drops in PvP, but it should stay playable.

* Any of the newest mainstream CPUs from Intel or AMD should work well enough. That is, the 9xxx or 10xxx series from Intel or Ryzen from AMD - not Pentium, Celeron, Athlon, etc.

But you don’t even know what sort of PC they have already.

But you don’t even know what sort of PC they have already.

It doesn't matter - every PC gets fps drops in PvP, even yours. 🙂

For some people it's less noticeable. If your game drops from 200 fps to only 60 fps in PvP, it may still be relatively smooth, but there is a definite drop.

Edit - it's also worth noting that SWTOR uses at most 2 cores/threads. Any CPU with 4 or more cores will assign background tasks to the extra cores without loading the SWTOR threads.

The graphics settings don't matter that much because, when the CPU gets loaded, the GPU is mostly waiting for the CPU to catch up.

Edited by JediQuaker

It doesn't matter - every PC gets fps drops in PvP, even yours. 🙂

For some people it's less noticeable. If your game drops from 200 fps to only 60 fps in PvP, it may still be relatively smooth, but there is a definite drop.

Edit - it's also worth noting that SWTOR uses at most 2 cores/threads. Any CPU with 4 or more cores will assign background tasks to the extra cores without loading the SWTOR threads.

The graphics settings don't matter that much because, when the CPU gets loaded, the GPU is mostly waiting for the CPU to catch up.

I understand that. But your advice to him was to go get new hardware and you didn’t know what he already has.

Edited by TrixxieTriss