Where is nightmare mode EC

So at least we have confirmation that there will be a new operation at some point, and judging from the footage it looks pretty far along and if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Terror from Beyond the operation from the 1.3 leaks on Torhead?

If so it seems like they pushed 1.3 back to 1.4 to make way for the 1.3 we're getting now and if so, that means that there's a chance we'll see nightmare in 1.3 after all. It did get a mention before the preview during the actual conference and I doubt they would release this along with brand new content.

These stories are disturbingly similar to what happened to us. Once D3 came out people just stopped logging in. We raided once after it came out and could only muster 7 people and grabbed a pug. People were whispering each other about how they'd rather be playing D3 and they hoped we'd wipe so the raid would be called. I can't say I blame them there's zero reason to go back into EC. Nightmare needed to be in 1.2, and a challenging version at that because nightmare in EV and KP wasn't hard either.

I can't believe people in the general forums are rejoicing over what was announced at E3. Even if they manage to get everything out in a timely manner I can't see the new operation being more than what we have now- something to log into once a week then log back out.

This game is lacking a "carrot on a stick" effect. There's just nothing else to chase, there's no rare mounts of legendary items just a bunch of snooze fest bosses that have been on farm. I can't speak for everyone but the people I raid with like a challenge and this game has none.

It did get a mention before the preview during the actual conference and I doubt they would release this along with brand new content.

I watched the conference, didnt see/hear any mention of Nightmare Mode EC. Source?

Agreed.

Some type of timeline would really help. Something other than "we're working very hard on Nightmare EC and hope to have it ready for you soon" which doesn't really tell us anything new, even if we appreciate the hard work and your sense of urgency. Even if the release is further away than we'd all like, it helps to know when it's coming so we can all just relax, focus on other games a bit, and be ready to tackle some great content when it's ready. I think every progression raiding guild in the game is in the same boat right now.

Is Nightmare EC going to come out with 1.3? Will it be tested on the upcoming PTS? Has it been pushed back to 1.4? If it has been pushed back, does this mean there will not be other new content in 1.4?

According to there announcement at E3 yesterday nightmare difficulty is slated to be released in july.

I watched the conference, didnt see/hear any mention of Nightmare Mode EC. Source?

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ea-e3/ - at around 28:30 - 29:41.

"We're adding more high level, challenging group content, including a new version of nightmare difficulty for our veterans"

No date, but at least a confirmation that they are still working on it.

Yeah... We're down from 20 raiders to 16 on the nose.

We don't even bother with 16 man anymore since we're only gearing up offspecs and 16 man is harder and takes more time. We just ignore nightmare pilgrim and zip through 8 man on Tuesday or Sunday.

If nightmare isn't out soon, the guild will probably die. Games too boring and all our players are doing other things together in vent like D3, DOTA2, or CS GO beta. It's like pulling teeth to get them to log in at all.

We don't even bother with 16 man anymore since we're only gearing up offspecs and 16 man is harder and takes more time. We just ignore nightmare pilgrim and zip through 8 man on Tuesday or Sunday.

If nightmare isn't out soon, the guild will probably die. Games too boring and all our players are doing other things together in vent like D3, DOTA2, or CS GO beta. It's like pulling teeth to get them to log in at all.

Going from 20 to 16 isn't bad at all. Guilds are making out far worse than that, so it is very disheartening to not even see dev posts about an eta for server merges. Not transfers, merges. Transfers isn't going to fix the problem, but combining 20 low pop into 1, will go a long way to help.

Look at the bright side, at least you walked into 1.2 with a full raid team, we didn't because people quit just before 1.2 hit.

Edited by pure_laced

Going from 20 to 16 isn't bad at all. Guilds are making out far worse than that, so it is very disheartening to not even see dev posts about an eta for server merges. Not transfers, merges. Transfers isn't going to fix the problem, but combining 20 low pop into 1, will go a long way to help.

Look at the bright side, at least you walked into 1.2 with a full raid team, we didn't because people quit just before 1.2 hit.

Well we've recruited 3 or 4, so we've technically hemorrhaged 7-8 people of our starting 20... And there are people I count as part of our remaining 16 that haven't logged in for two weeks since we switched to farming 8 mans for ease.

Same here for us. Had about 18 raiders and we're down to 13-15ish now.

We've also switched to 8 mans just for easy clears each week. Most of us don't need the gear (except my earpiece which refuses to drop!) but we try to get people on once a week at least.

Even then half of our players only logged in to raid and maybe due some dailies...and that was when we were progressing/still getting geared up through HM EC. With that done some people have lost interest and I'm sure more will too if more content isn't available ASAP.

Maybe I'll be surprised tomorrow and Nightmare will be on the 1.3 PTS.

Edited by pureeffinmetal

Having watched your guildmates' streams during the 1.2 PTS, its not surprising.

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ea-e3/ - at around 28:30 - 29:41.

"We're adding more high level, challenging group content, including a new version of nightmare difficulty for our veterans"

No date, but at least a confirmation that they are still working on it.

Yeah, I saw that... but the other guy I quoted said EC HM was in July, something that has not been disclosed. There is currently no ETA for EC HM, so it bothers me that they are spending time working on "...a new version of nightmare..." when they cant even release the first version.