The Most Dangerous Build

Zarduth

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't i would use it in shii-cho form the joy mastery is for boosting damage on burn effects for cautorize

Would the best way to up the damage of your burns be to take the+15% damage from burning effects and chance to reproc Cauterize....... by not blowing points in the Focus tree for something that hits for less than Merciless Slash and has a longer cd?

Would the best way to up the damage of your burns be to take the+15% damage from burning effects and chance to reproc Cauterize....... by not blowing points in the Focus tree for something that hits for less than Merciless Slash and has a longer cd?

same damage

Ok. Are u trying to balance sustainability with burst? if then you're the wrong spec, this spec does not have any burst, whatsoever.

nope i'm trying to get cuatorize up without killing focus and the combat atoru form

Kind of feels like i'm replying to a post looking for a certain type of attention, however! That being said and out of the way. In order to help you create a build you're happy with i'm afraid there has to be criticism, but not in a harsh way of calling you an idiot (despite this perhaps being the first thought to mind for many!) Also I apologize, this may end up being a long post. Constructive criticism below!

I've tried out/messed around with/played around with a skill calc for a sent/mara hybrid many a times and each time you're left with something lackluster. Generally going the full spec in any of each of the lines results in a much better result.

The spec you have posted gives you nothing but an additional jump (which isn't particularly warranted), the spec points allocated to the focus tree are wasted as even if you can change form quickly, you have still then given up all of your focus built (possibly your centering too but I can't remember if that goes to, but I think it does, am sure somebody can clarify), therefore you may as well stay in juyo form otherwise the fluidity of combat will be broken.

In regards to watchman, you really are missing out on the best parts of the tree to aid the bleeding. You are intent on getting the extra 30% dmg on cauterize, but remember this is 30% extra direct dmg, not the bleeding dmg, thus it isn't that useful as you aren't doing cauterize for the white dmg it does, it's just a talent to allow you to get the refresh essentially.

If you really are intent on a hybrid though (which will still result in a worse spec than going any of the 3 trees fully, please read the spoiler below. (Otherwise this post will be massive if I didn't spoiler tag it :p)

There isn't any hybrid specs that do effectively, each has way too many cons than pros, i've only found one spec that can do half effectively, but still not as good as the full specs, and that is:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRZZGr0rdfkMc.2

Important things to note:

It's up to you whether you want Inflammation or Merciless Zeal (t2 Watchman).

The point in inner focus is just a filler, as you will always be in Juyo form, unless the centering isn't lost when changing forms, but i'm 99% certain it is.

Bleeds are thought of mathematically as Force damage so are affected by 30% crit damage from focused resonance and by the critical chance increase. I did do some math on this ages ago (I'm talking pre 1.2 here, so some of these %'s of increases may have changed since then, I dunno), but back then this resulted in bleeds doing approximately the same damage as from full watchman spec, it was slightly lower if i remember correctly, assuming your surge is at a respectable level already.

So Pro's of this spec:

You have an okay sustained damage from your bleeds, and able to do a large smash hit for a bursty hit.

Cons:

The smashes don't come as often as you would need to kill effectively (can only build through force choke, unless i'm wrong about centering lost on changing form). So full focus still outright beats this build.

You're missing out on cauterize resets which helps sustain your bleeds, and lack of focus building from the bleeds also so you may run into some focus issues. So full watchman still outright beats this build. You're also missing out on the improved force leaps watchman provides also, so much useful talents are missed.

So all in all, you're pretty lackluster. You'll find you're posting high damage on the board at the end, but you are failing to kill anything effectively so the numbers are worthless, they are only high from building on multiple targets as you'll be switching target a lot having given up trying to kill the initial target!

DISCLAIMER: To those who may miss the point of this post, I am saying that hybrids for sent/mara is NOT an option, if you want to kill effectively and help out your team, go fully into one of the 3 trees!

TLDR?: Pretending to be a fool for attention? Maybe. Regardless, hybrids = bad. Full watchman, full combat or full focus = much better choices!

It makes perfect sense u just need to have the abilities and gear that I have and it'll become crystal clear just connect the dots so to speak:cool:

Challenge accepted, show me a parse!

un-buffed, un-stimmed with your gear selection.

Edited by znihilist

Kind of feels like i'm replying to a post looking for a certain type of attention, however! That being said and out of the way. In order to help you create a build you're happy with i'm afraid there has to be criticism, but not in a harsh way of calling you an idiot (despite this perhaps being the first thought to mind for many!) Also I apologize, this may end up being a long post. Constructive criticism below!

I've tried out/messed around with/played around with a skill calc for a sent/mara hybrid many a times and each time you're left with something lackluster. Generally going the full spec in any of each of the lines results in a much better result.

The spec you have posted gives you nothing but an additional jump (which isn't particularly warranted), the spec points allocated to the focus tree are wasted as even if you can change form quickly, you have still then given up all of your focus built (possibly your centering too but I can't remember if that goes to, but I think it does, am sure somebody can clarify), therefore you may as well stay in juyo form otherwise the fluidity of combat will be broken.

In regards to watchman, you really are missing out on the best parts of the tree to aid the bleeding. You are intent on getting the extra 30% dmg on cauterize, but remember this is 30% extra direct dmg, not the bleeding dmg, thus it isn't that useful as you aren't doing cauterize for the white dmg it does, it's just a talent to allow you to get the refresh essentially.

A

If you really are intent on a hybrid though (which will still result in a worse spec than going any of the 3 trees fully, please read the spoiler below. (Otherwise this post will be massive if I didn't spoiler tag it :p)

There isn't any hybrid specs that do effectively, each has way too many cons than pros, i've only found one spec that can do half effectively, but still not as good as the full specs, and that is:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRZZGr0rdfkMc.2

Important things to note:

It's up to you whether you want Inflammation or Merciless Zeal (t2 Watchman).

The point in inner focus is just a filler, as you will always be in Juyo form, unless the centering isn't lost when changing forms, but i'm 99% certain it is.

Bleeds are thought of mathematically as Force damage so are affected by 30% crit damage from focused resonance and by the critical chance increase. I did do some math on this ages ago (I'm talking pre 1.2 here, so some of these %'s of increases may have changed since then, I dunno), but back then this resulted in bleeds doing approximately the same damage as from full watchman spec, it was slightly lower if i remember correctly, assuming your surge is at a respectable level already.

So Pro's of this spec:

You have an okay sustained damage from your bleeds, and able to do a large smash hit for a bursty hit.

Cons:

The smashes don't come as often as you would need to kill effectively (can only build through force choke, unless i'm wrong about centering lost on changing form). So full focus still outright beats this build.

You're missing out on cauterize resets which helps sustain your bleeds, and lack of focus building from the bleeds also so you may run into some focus issues. So full watchman still outright beats this build. You're also missing out on the improved force leaps watchman provides also, so much useful talents are missed.

So all in all, you're pretty lackluster. You'll find you're posting high damage on the board at the end, but you are failing to kill anything effectively so the numbers are worthless, they are only high from building on multiple targets as you'll be switching target a lot having given up trying to kill the initial target!

DISCLAIMER: To those who may miss the point of this post, I am saying that hybrids for sent/mara is NOT an option, if you want to kill effectively and help out your team, go fully into one of the 3 trees!

TLDR?: Pretending to be a fool for attention? Maybe. Regardless, hybrids = bad. Full watchman, full combat or full focus = much better choices!

Thank you and I'm not looking for attention I'm getting help on my build and did you even look at the video?

Edited by Zarduth

Been a long time since I tried this build out, but I do believe the only slightly viable marauder (sentinel) hybrid would be http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIboZGMRRRrMzZG00M.2

It provides you with a lot of the survivability from annihilation (watchman), with the burst from carnage (combat).

Please do note that this build was just thrown quickly together to give y'all an idea of the build, it might need some (lots of) tweaks to make it the 'correct' hybrid build, but iirc the anni/carnage hybrid can do mad damage and increase survivability for quite some time :-)

Been a long time since I tried this build out, but I do believe the only slightly viable marauder (sentinel) hybrid would be http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIboZGMRRRrMzZG00M.2

It provides you with a lot of the survivability from annihilation (watchman), with the burst from carnage (combat).

Please do note that this build was just thrown quickly together to give y'all an idea of the build, it might need some (lots of) tweaks to make it the 'correct' hybrid build, but iirc the anni/carnage hybrid can do mad damage and increase survivability for quite some time :-)

wait... if you're unsubbed, who posted this? o.O

same damage

How exactly is lowering the damage on 2 of your key abilities by 15% as well as trading a stronger ability with a shorter cd off for a weaker ability with a longer cd yielding the same damage? The only plausible answer would be player error.

On the part of hybrids, maybe try grabbing Precision Slash in combat and putting the rest of your points in the focus tree. It's not as good damage as a 31pt anything build, but it's the least pathetic hybrid

Oh and I watched the vid you posted, that's not your build, he has singularity. And he hits like a *********** level 32, come on man. You think THAT'S good?

ya its similar though and i wanna you see do better so post a vid and suprise me:cool:

Ok i've done some serious revising in regarding my previous build with that being said I know it kinda sucks but I think this one will be better and keep th critisizem to a minimum because the piont of the forum is to help other people out while maybe learning something new along the way not just saying yours sucks and be done with it. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIrRMoMZGrrRMb0z.2 hope you guys like it:cool: Edited by Zarduth