Lost Island, ***...

So what exactly is a "FLASH"point? Your in there and your out. That's how most FLASHpoints work.

Even with my group being full Rakata doing this instance we were struggling. By the time we got to the end boss I felt we were soloing Nightmare EV.

We had a bounty hunter healer with us and because of the stupid *** nerfs you did to them he had full heat before the first phase.

Was this really designed to be a flashpoint that only gives Tionese Crystals and Columi.

To be honest I don't know how a PUG would be able to do this.

Do you not test this crap before the release?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took us about 5 attempts on the first boss, about 4 on the 2nd(mostly on understanding the knockback), 3 on the 3rd (tried to dps from the bridge, lol) and we only took 2 attempts on the final boss. Having to learn fight's and going in blind is what makes new content fun, already knowing every mechanic and dominating new content is never how anything should be released.

Challenges are good, people don't understand that anymore and feel as though they are entitled to dominate content just because of the gear the currently possess.

our group comp btw was:

Jugg Tank

Merc/Sorc DPS

Operative Heals

You see there was something called Public Test that lasted a month that was open to everyone with a subscription. If you feel so compelled now that you think the FP is OP than how about testing it with everyone else instead of complaining. :rolleyes:

You see there was something called Public Test that lasted a month that was open to everyone with a subscription. If you feel so compelled now that you think the FP is OP than how about testing it with everyone else instead of complaining. :rolleyes:

Well why dont they let us put our 50's on the PTS then?

Took us about 5 attempts on the first boss, about 4 on the 2nd(mostly on understanding the knockback), 3 on the 3rd (tried to dps from the bridge, lol) and we only took 2 attempts on the final boss. Having to learn fight's and going in blind is what makes new content fun, already knowing every mechanic and dominating new content is never how anything should be released.

Challenges are good, people don't understand that anymore and feel as though they are entitled to dominate content just because of the gear the currently possess.

our group comp btw was:

Jugg Tank

Merc/Sorc DPS

Operative Heals

2 ranged DPS this is the theme for everyone that says the Droid was not hard just move out of the stuff. Try it with 2 melee dps, its a whole other fight.

Its tough but really there is no reason to complain!

The normal mode of the Flashpoint is for lvl 50s. Nothing great to reward but you can enjoy the story.

THe gear that drops is Columi and 1 Rakata piece. None of these pieces are unique to this Flashpoint and drop elsewhere (Columi in other HM FP final bosses, and Normal EV/KP, and Rkata from HM EV/KP and Normal EC).

It's YOUR choice if you wanna do it on Hardmode. Hundreds of people have already beat the FP with just a bit of learning the fights difficulty. That alone tells us, that it's totally fine.

The Risk to Reward ratio is fine, in the sense that it rewards MORE than the other HM Flashpoints, and so is HARDER to beat, to earn the reward.

So what exactly is a "FLASH"point? Your in there and your out. That's how most FLASHpoints work.

Even with my group being full Rakata doing this instance we were struggling. By the time we got to the end boss I felt we were soloing Nightmare EV.

We had a bounty hunter healer with us and because of the stupid *** nerfs you did to them he had full heat before the first phase.

Was this really designed to be a flashpoint that only gives Tionese Crystals and Columi.

Wake up and smell the roses. If Bioware makes more content that was as easy and boring as "nightmare" EV and KP they will lose more subs than they are already losing.

Also if you enjoy easy content, are you aware that there is story mode? Do you realize how stupid you look when you flip the switch to HARD mode and then complain that it's too hard?

As for the testing comment, I personally tested it on the PTR and it was fine, actually, it was fun. Why was it fun? because it was challenging...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAYgN94XWw

our group comp btw was:

Jugg Tank

Merc/Sorc DPS

Operative Heals

This it is a lot fo fun seeing new content that isn't tank and spank.

Bioware overtuned Lost Island, why is anyone's good guess. The instance bosses mainly drop columi, so people who are in less than columi logically would be attempting it for gear drops, yet it seems to be in difficulty far more than this type of group would attempt. It leaves the question who is HM Lost really aimed at...in my view nobody.

Testing level 50 content open only to guilds getting copied over, leveling and gearing up a toon to 50 in month is asking a bit much. Some of us have jobs and real life.

This flashpoint should of had 3 modes, instead of the 2 so the guilds that are well geared and wanting a extra challenge can have it without alienating the remaining people who arn't yet but don't want to run it in campagin mode just for the storylines.

First boss is easy if u got 2 ranged dps, cause this blue lightening always drop on DPS, BUT!

If u got 1 melee or hell-no! u got 2 melee DPS, it's impossible to do, case tank have to dance with those aoe crap like a crazy one... and also ads, melee can't get em fast enough cause they have to run so much... so... dear BioWare, may be you should remove Melee DPS from da game in that case?

BTW i called this. I said when bioware releases harder content, people will qq about it being too hard after qqing about content being too easy. Case and point

People will QQ period... I am stoked about the difficulty and I say that after a 2 hour wipe fest on it last night... maybe we will get him down today when our main guild hardhitters log on.

You are not talking about HARD mode are you?

Oh wait, you are...

Well, PUGs are supposed to do normal mode unless they have some patience and care to learn tactics and wipe a bit in HM.

As for the testing comment, I personally tested it on the PTR and it was fine, actually, it was fun. Why was it fun? because it was challenging...

this is a casual mmo

casual and challenging dont really go well together,you must have not played world of warcraft

I just did this instance for a while and we wiped plenty of times on the first boss. It is quite insane on how hard this boss is. What was killing my group is the plasma arc, it spawns it to much for DPS and the healer to actualyl do anything constructive, without running around headless.

Ontop of that you got lava bursts and Adds and Incinerate. As a BH tank I noticed that the plasma arc hurts a lot, even if you touch it lightly. Without the amount of spam around it, makes it really hard. which to say is, I got to watch out for those while I dodge lava bursts from the floor, try to grab adds for the dps and also interrupt incinerate? Which if i miss it, pretty much nukes me to hell and back.

Just lower the amount of usage of Plasma Arc and the encounter will be fine and fun.

Bosses are just fine... what is so hard about kiting the boss and interrupting or in case interrupt fails despelling incinerate ?

To be honest I would like to see more fights like these what are actually challenging ...

Edited by Velvete

2 ranged DPS this is the theme for everyone that says the Droid was not hard just move out of the stuff. Try it with 2 melee dps, its a whole other fight.

Tried it, one shot it. Next?

P.S to the OP. Get a better BH healer.

Edited by Nessirin

I just did this instance for a while and we wiped plenty of times on the first boss. It is quite insane on how hard this boss is. What was killing my group is the plasma arc, it spawns it to much for DPS and the healer to actualyl do anything constructive, without running around headless.

Ontop of that you got lava bursts and Adds and Incinerate. As a BH tank I noticed that the plasma arc hurts a lot, even if you touch it lightly. Without the amount of spam around it, makes it really hard. which to say is, I got to watch out for those while I dodge lava bursts from the floor, try to grab adds for the dps and also interrupt incinerate? Which if i miss it, pretty much nukes me to hell and back.

Just lower the amount of usage of Plasma Arc and the encounter will be fine and fun.

No. The boss is not even remotely insanely hard. Stop QQing. If you can't kite the boss properly (avoid the middle vent area) you are supposed to die from plasma. Also, use interrupts on plasma arcs.

I think the difficulty on this fight is just fine and I love this fight for how intense it is. People like you will get this game back to the miserable trivial pre 1.2 state.

Edited by vandana_