Mercenary Class Representative

EricMusco

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aerro

please.

They should actually extend this to having a PVP, and a Healing rep...

Also high time they merged Commando and Mercenary forums, the classes are mirrors. Would be much more useful to have Commando/Merc DPS and Commando/Merc Heal forums here.

It's too bad the merc and mando forums are not combined so BW can just ask for a PVE and PVP representative. I think that would be ideal cuz then you could have 1 question for each spec from each side (pvp/pve) of the spectrum. We could take it upon ourselves to coordinate with the mandos and have one elect a pve and one a pvp, but that's in a perfect world and I think too difficult to coordinate.

So we have to play the cards that were dealt with. The elected representative doesn't necessarily need to be an expert in all aspects of the AC, what's important is the rep be the 'voice of the community' and represent the most common questions the community puts forth. And although they can & should participate in discussions, their primary role should be to 'listen' and when it comes to selecting the questions to ask the Devs, it needs to be a completely unbiased decision based on the feedback from everyone.

Shout out to those who have put my name in the box, love you all and humbled. If I ever somehow end up in that role, I'll do my best to represent! I won't however vote for myself, just feels wierd :) my vote will go to Aerro for the first term since he's always been vocal in the merc community, will take it seriously, and is not a troll lol.

Edited by odawgg

The elected representative doesn't necessarily need to be an expert in all aspects of the AC, what's important is the rep be the 'voice of the community' and represent the most common questions the community puts forth. And although they can & should participate in discussions, their primary role should be to 'listen' and when it comes to selecting the questions to ask the Devs, it needs to be a completely unbiased decision based on the feedback from everyone.

This gets you my vote.

Hey guys sorry to butt in :) but i made a thread :eek: over at the sniper forums on how we MAY be able to go about this representation debacle. Check it out and any input will also be great!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=659904

I guess it's slightly harder for you guys since you have PVE Healing and PVE DPSing then there's PVP Healing and PVP DPSing.

So really all you are asking for is to be an online list compiler >__<;

Edited by paowee

So we have to play the cards that were dealt with. The elected representative doesn't necessarily need to be an expert in all aspects of the AC, what's important is the rep be the 'voice of the community' and represent the most common questions the community puts forth. And although they can & should participate in discussions, their primary role should be to 'listen' and when it comes to selecting the questions to ask the Devs, it needs to be a completely unbiased decision based on the feedback from everyone.

l.

I have been trying to convey this thought in other class threads instead of having your guildies mass spam noms for a person or your friends when they are noming a person that belittles others in the forums and slams the game and BW. Is that really the person the community wants reping them? I dont and your post sums up exactly what all classes should hope for as it will be the best for everyone that plays the class.

You get my vote for recognizing that.

Just like Bioware stated- this isn't for someone to go and ask for general buffs. Its more or less to consolidate all the information into one person and then from there decide which is more important to be noticed by Biowares development team.

Right now, most of the threads created are for individual issues that players seem to want changed, or addressed. Instead of pages and pages of the same issues in a different format, one person speaking loudly definitely is better than one hundred bounty hunters all trying to grab the attention. Its easier on them and a lot easier for us.

I honestly don't care who is elected as long as they push forward and actually want results that benefit the class itself instead of the individual. The class is what you make it to be, but there are underlining issues that need to be noticed.

Odawgg or Aerro

I am sure they will both do a fine job. Apart from that, I see this as an honorary title (to be the first ever Class Representative for Mercs).

However, I do feel that the whole thing is a bit unbalanced / unfair for PvP Mercs and Healing Mercs. If they could have their own rep it would be ideal.

Just remember that the representative speaks for the entire AC's population, not for themselves. Voting for someone according to the preferred endgame is rather pointless. I voted for Cash because I agree with his viewpoints, not solely because he's a PvPer.

Also, PvP is just as important as PvE, no matter how much content is pumped into either one.

Pvp aspect is very, very, very, daaaamn very important to me.

The man should know all the sides, pve and pvp.

p.s. as for me, i dont care about pve, i just know that we are too fragile in pvp. Full conqueror geared, dead in seconds by melee players.