Sith inquisitor most powerful being in Swtor? [V2]

lironBD

I feel like some people are considering that beating someone shows that you are more powerful than that someone.

If the JK beats Vitiate/Valkorion would you consider JK more powerful?

In terms of power feats (like beating the voice etc.) are merely an indicator. If the most powerful being doesn't show its power, would it stop being the most powerful being?

I feel like some people are considering that beating someone shows that you are more powerful than that someone.

If the JK beats Vitiate/Valkorion would you consider JK more powerful?

In terms of power feats (like beating the voice etc.) are merely an indicator. If the most powerful being doesn't show its power, would it stop being the most powerful being?

Actually, when the JK gets to Yavin 4 they find out that it wasn't actually the emperor but one of his puppets. You might as well say that the SW kills the emperor when he takes down the Voice on Voss.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here's my two cents.

And before you say anything, just know that I am a rabid Nox fan and a Sith Assassin main.

The way I see it, Nox was a prodigy, yes, but not in the way people think. Nox could use Force Lightning intuitively and was head and shoulders above his/her peers (the other Force-using classes) at the start of the journey due to the unusual strength of his/her connection to the Dark Side. HOWEVER, I believe that Nox's maximum potential, unlike his peers, was capped at, effectively, level 32, when Chapter 1 ends. This is because when Nox needed to increase his/her power in the story from that point forward how did he/she do it?

Training? Not really, unless you include buying skills from vendors/trainers as actual canon to the story...

Personal evolution or study of the Dark Side? Nope. Too busy trying to not get killed while beating Thanaton at his own power game to sit in a library or go hunting for more Sith knowledge. And lore-wise (i.e. outside the normal leveling mechanics/process) it didn't seem like Nox's power increased at all...that is until he/she:

"Ate" ghosts to increase power? Yep. That's it. That's literally all he/she did, "eat" some ghosts to gain their power. And in the confines of the story Nox's powers didn't seem to grow at all...until he/she bound the ghosts and stole their power, at which point she effectively received a massive boost. This can be seen in how easily Thanaton dispatches us at the beginning of Chap. 2 and how soundly we then beat him at the end of Chap. 3 when the ghosts are all bound and in our control.

Now you may be asking: "But what about Nox having to spend all of Chapter 3 running around to keep the ghosts from taking over? How does that increase his/her power" I'm getting to that, don't worry.

At the end of Chapter 2 we fight Thanaton's apprentice who would obviously be weaker than Thanaton. As such, we would only need to access so much of the power we took from the ghosts, theoretically, that power was enough to beat the apprentice, but not enough to trigger an "overload". After beating the apprentice, Nox was all ready to summon enough power to beat Thanaton, when the "overload" happened, and that is key. Essentially, story-wise, Nox only had to "buff" himself/herself from level 32 to level 40 or 41 to beat the apprentice, but he/she had to "buff" himself/herself to level 50 to defeat Thanaton. When he/she tried to jump those nine more levels to reach Thanaton's power level with the ghost's power the "overload" happened because both his/her body and mind weren't currently capable of handling that much power.

So when Nox spends all of Chapter 3 "fixing" himself/herself he/she is really just gaining the ability to access those other nine levels of power to reach 50 (thanaton's level). If his/her body and mind had been able to access that power in the first place then the overload never would have happened and he/she would have faced Thana on equal footing in his meditation chamber. (Remember I'm mostly ignoring game mechanics so it doesn't quite match up with the actual gameplay but it still makes sense lore-wise)

This doesn't really make Nox less awesome so much as it makes him/her a different kind of awesome. When his/her genetics didn't allow him/her to go past a certain point, he/she said "f**k you" and went past that point anyway, no f**ks given. So while he/she essentially was a prodigy starting out, he/she reached his/her maximum potential quickly (level 32) while everyone else kept going towards their maximum potential. Nox, not wanting to be left behind, found a way to increase his/her power past the limits imposed by nature and thus reached the same power level as all the other Force-using player classes despite those limitations.

Technically, Nox was a "flash in the pan" type of Sith. The kind that rises to become a Lord inside of a year but ends up not being powerful enough to play with the big dogs and "burns out" early, while everyone else started off slow but then "grew" into a roaring flame. Only Nox refused to burn out and went from being a flash in the pan to a raging inferno just as big as everyone else.

That's just the way I see it though. Maybe somebody else has a better handle on it?

Edited by MayhemofChaonus

• 3 weeks later...

To me the SI is the future leader of the Empire. Sw is my favourite class but is not interested in being the figurehead he leads his people from the front and constantly challenges himself though conflicts and trials.

They may be the same powerlevel originaly but the SI force-walking tips the ballance to her favour and if you keep the ghost around yuo get stronger and stronger by every ghost you subdue or contract whichever you choose.

But what I am the most interested in is how is the SI going to destroy the Voss way of life? It was stated by a Voss-mystic and their visions is supposed to be unfallible, which means that it does not matter if the SI is the Outlander or not she is out there ploting and gaining strength.

But what about Consular? That guy(yes, go check wookiee) is a space Jesus! And can break down 1m thick Quadranium bunker doors with the Force. As evident on Taris and Belsavis.

After the nice post up there, I'd have to say that it goes like this:

1. Consular

2. Warrior

3. Knight

4. Inquisitor

3 and 4 can be swapped. Keep in mind, Everything that JC does is inherent, he was born with that gift. And he simply doesn't fail(quite unlike Knight or Inq). The best part? ...snap, I just realized how brilliant the JC story in this aspect is! Anyhow, neither story nor characters make any fuss about "HOW POWERFUL YOU ARE". Besides occasional "He was more powerful at 5 than I was at 14" and "what...how did...nevermind!", the game severely diminishes your true power.

Humility...perfect match for the JC. Just like arrogance is for Inq. And yes, Inq's power is overstated. Much of it isn't of his own. Quite fitting for such an arrogant character, no?

But what about Consular? That guy(yes, go check wookiee) is a space Jesus! And can break down 1m thick Quadranium bunker doors with the Force. As evident on Taris and Belsavis.

After the nice post up there, I'd have to say that it goes like this:

1. Consular

2. Warrior

3. Knight

4. Inquisitor

3 and 4 can be swapped. Keep in mind, Everything that JC does is inherent, he was born with that gift. And he simply doesn't fail(quite unlike Knight or Inq). The best part? ...snap, I just realized how brilliant the JC story in this aspect is! Anyhow, neither story nor characters make any fuss about "HOW POWERFUL YOU ARE". Besides occasional "He was more powerful at 5 than I was at 14" and "what...how did...nevermind!", the game severely diminishes your true power.

Humility...perfect match for the JC. Just like arrogance is for Inq. And yes, Inq's power is overstated. Much of it isn't of his own. Quite fitting for such an arrogant character, no?

The Consular is the worst force user the worst of the classes. The force while strong in him no doubt is really in the hands of an wrong person. First he does not know how to use it properly he has no concept of force shield as shown when he was pushed several meters by an force adept that had little to not training most of his techniques are useless in battle sure force push is good but its not enough the rest are all useless I mean force healing is not really suited for the work he does you do not have time to use it in an fight. He only has force push that is all its too little.

Look at SI he has force lighting, force drain, force choke, dark infusion all great offensive techniques and he has an actual force shield that could witstand an force storm.

Look at SW he has force rage, force choke, lightsaber trowing, beast control which is useful if there are beasts around and there always are, huge pain resistance.

Look at JK and basically the same things as above yes even force rage besides beast control but his case he is an better duelist the force user.