Can I has easy, easy mode?

Oh wait, we got it...

Toth and Zorn

Frenzy now increases damage less per stack.

Toth now waits longer before using area of effect abilities after jumping.

Fearful now increases damage taken by a lower amount.

The amount of time before Toth and Zorn enrage when one dies has been increased.

The enrage timer for the encounter has been increased to 6 minutes 30 seconds.

Damaging Toth and Zorn too quickly no longer causes their health threshold mechanics to overlap.

Firebrand and Stormcaller

The activation time of Incinerate Armor, Double Destruction, and Defensive Systems has been increased.

Incinerate Armor no longer increases damage taken in addition to its armor debuff.

Shield generators can no longer be damaged by players.

Colonel Vorgath

Probe Droids no longer use Cleave.

The enrage timer for the encounter has been increased to 4 minutes 30 seconds.

Warlord Kephess

The time before Baradium Bombers explode has been increased.

The damage for the Pulsar Power Droids' rail shot has been decreased.

Kephess' damage in the final phase has been decreased.

The damage from the Trandoshan Warrior's reflective shields has been decreased.

The enrage timer for the encounter has been increased.

I didn't think it could get much easier but I guess I was wrong.

These changes are only for story mode. From the patch notes:

"A number of changes have been made to Explosive Conflict's Story Mode in order to make it more accessible for pick-up groups:"

Doesn't really impact anyone that is finished with EC. IMO this is a good change to allow continuity between EV/KP story mode and EC story mode.

I'm guessing this is in preparation for adding NiM option and putting EC storymode on the group finder.

Which is fine....for ops groups who have been regularly clearing EC story and Hard mode, there's nothing in it for them and it's already easy. They took EC storymode off the group finder in the 1.3 PTS because it was proving to be too difficult for the average random pug, sad as that sounds.

Edited by chuixupu

Really not a huge issue as most of the people who are intrested in raiding are so sick to death of EC they go out of their way to dodge groups for it.

Lets face it, with BH comms dropping from the heavens theres almost no point to doing SM bar orange crystals and BH comms to get an extra pair of gloves/boots to tear to pieces or to ship to alts.

i'm afraid this will widen the difficulty gap between story mode and hard mode, leaving some player in an uncomfortable position with story mode being steam rolled with little fun but hard mode too challenging for their taste.

that being said, i trully hope BW will not nerf hard and nightmare mode. The story is the same in all mode so, seeing the content is not a reason to nerf HM and nightmare, only loot changes.

"Shield generators can no longer be damaged by players."

Ha...Haha....hahahaha.....haha.ha....ha.......

I guess they got to rule out all possibilities where one person can wipe the raid.

I thought we were supposed to have someone kill the generator to give us something to heal through....

i'm afraid this will widen the difficulty gap between story mode and hard mode, leaving some player in an uncomfortable position with story mode being steam rolled with little fun but hard mode too challenging for their taste.

that being said, i trully hope BW will not nerf hard and nightmare mode. The story is the same in all mode so, seeing the content is not a reason to nerf HM and nightmare, only loot changes.

You will probably find that SM TFB won't be that awful, probably a logical bridge between SM EC and HM EC.

Echoing your thoughts on don't nerf HM or NiM EC though.

It's quite sad that in addition to number nerfs (enrage/damage/etc.) they nerfed the machanics. Story Mode was always a training ground before HM so that people learn the mechanics by heart. Now with the thigs like "Shield generators can no longer be damaged by players." it becomes a no-brainer and is not suitable for proper training...

What we're seeing now are actual noticeable changes in difficulty from story mode to hard mode in terms of mechanics and not simply health and damage scaling with one or two changes. To this day, I felt that most of the content in EC SM could not have been done in a PuG without voice chat. Heck, even with voice chat, people who've done it many times before with their guild would still have trouble coordinating something together simply because of the different strategies being employed for almost all the bosses.

Hopefully more casuals can beat this content and see TFB! \O/

Hopefully more casuals can beat this content and see TFB! \O/

I hope so too because TFB is the only new content coming in the long awaited patch, it would be crazy to limit it to a handful of hardcore guilds. It would mean that the first content patch after six months would have 0 content for majority of players.

Edited by Ameepa

I hope so too because TFB is the only new content coming in the long awaited patch, it would be crazy to limit it to a handful of hardcore guilds. It would mean that the first content patch after six months would have 0 content for majority of players.

Hardcore guilds? lol what game are you playing?