The worst atrocity in the history of the Jedi.

vindianajones

I'm a bit bored here at work, so here's a lighthearted post for my own amusement.

What I thought my Jedi would look in end-game PvP gear.

What they actually look like.

Yes, I know that PvP mods will be fully removable soon, and that change can't come fast enough. The question of whether I'll have to look like a backpacking space samurai forever has been answered. A better question though, is what in the world was the artistic design team thinking when they came up with this monstrosity? Is there anybody who actually thinks this looks good?

I wore robes, cloaks and hoods for 49 levels. I looked like a Jedi. Then at level 50 when I began getting my first pieces of Champion gear, I thought to myself "Boy, I'm gonna be a ****** looking Jedi in cool armor and that classic brown robe! Just look at that guy!". Alas, how wrong I was. Yesterday I gritted my teeth and unchecked that dreaded "Show Head Slot" box in the settings for all of 30 seconds. Did you know that the Champion helm - aside from making your character look like the captain of the shortbus - doesn't even match the color scheme of the rest of the Champion armor?

BW, while you're busy working on ways to customize your characters' appearances, please consider removing and replacing this armor set with anything (I mean anything) else. I don't know that there is another single set in the game that makes your character look like a three year old dressed you for the day. Every time I join a warzone and see a bunch of supposedly epic and powerful Jedi Knights derping around in this sad excuse for armor, it makes me cringe.

Fix it, fix it, fix it!

A better question though, is what in the world was the artistic design team thinking when they came up with this monstrosity?

I've been asking myself this for 6 months, going back to beta. They need to come out a lot more variety for all classes. Just making mods removable won't completely fix the issue because there are only a handful of options per class based on the existing orange gear. And no, I do not consider palette swaps variety.

Is there anybody who actually thinks this looks good?

I haven't met anyone yet.

Considering the jedi wear flowing robes while leaping around and swinging laser swords that burn anything they touch it's clear no armor in Star Wars is about functionality over appearance.

well when i say functionality i mean stats i guess i could have worded it better.

What , dont you like looking like a power ranger space samurai on crack :D

Yeah yeah we all know they lvl 50 pvp armor in TOR is garbage.Pretty clear the people who made this has never even seen the movies.And lA have never aproved this.

There is a reason nobody in the star wars movies looked like this, the movie audience would laugh to death in the cinemas.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I've been asking myself this for 6 months, going back to beta. They need to come out a lot more variety for all classes. Just making mods removable won't completely fix the issue because there are only a handful of options per class based on the existing orange gear. And no, I do not consider palette swaps variety.

I haven't met anyone yet.

You mean you don't like the alternatives for Jedi Knights?

Brown Robe w Hood, Tan Robe w Hood, Dark Brown Robe w Hood, or Khaki Robe w Hood.

You mean you don't like the alternatives for Jedi Knights?

Brown Robe w Hood, Tan Robe w Hood, Dark Brown Robe w Hood, or Khaki Robe w Hood.

Before being forced to replace it with PvP gear, I wore this amazing white robe I got ~level 30 and had been keeping up to date.

I would move back to in it a heart beat.