Nerf Force Charge range

Quickshotzero

I mean why be ranged DPS when I can get jumped on from my max range? I think they should make it 20m at least 25m but i think 20m is good it gives you that little bit of free space to kite a little before we get lolsmashed haha

Then Jet Charge gets nerfed too since it's the exact same skill. How about instead of constantly whining and asking for nerfs, you man up and get better?

Then Jet Charge gets nerfed too since it's the exact same skill. How about instead of constantly whining and asking for nerfs, you man up and get better?

Actually... the OP got it exactly right!

This has been a suggestion of mine because there is currently no benefit to range.

There should be (EA BLOWS so logic doesn't matter) some gap between the max range of ranged damage and the max range of utility effects such as the jumps and pulls. The pulls are far worse from my standpoint but both are too powerful at their current range. A compromise would be to lower the jump/pull range to 24 or 25 meters and increase basic ranged attacks to 32 or 35 meters.

I have a Merc, Jug and a VG (with both jump and pull) so I am not playing favorites.

So basically you want to be able to hit people without them being able to hit back? Your attacks do just as much damage at close range as long range, more actually as you can rocket punch. The gap closer is a balance mechanic to keep melee's from getting kited to death. You have plenty of tools to keep them at bay, so don't complain about their tools to close tha gap.

So basically you want to be able to hit people without them being able to hit back? Your attacks do just as much damage at close range as long range, more actually as you can rocket punch. The gap closer is a balance mechanic to keep melee's from getting kited to death. You have plenty of tools to keep them at bay, so don't complain about their tools to close tha gap.

Force Charge is basically just Charge from WoW anyway and that's the only purpose, to keep melee from being made utterly useless. To the person who said what's the point in being ranged if melee can just close the gap and attacks, ask yourself the same question, only reversed. Why bother with being melee when you have no way of attacking the ranged users?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm not an expert at PvP in SWTOR yet, and I've only played as a Merc with Arsenal so far, but there is something seriously wrong with the balance atm. Asuming all classes do the same damage (within 5% as stated by Bioware themselves), then there should be a way for a ranged class to partly kite a melee class, since his attacks have a casttime and are therefore interruptable. As much as a ranged class can kite, just as much should a melee class be able to lock out a ranged class.

The problem I personally experience is that I get in range, I want to start to DPS, but I get instantly jumped. After this point, I basically feel I have to fakecast while this melee class is whaling on me. I try to cc him, but I can only get a max of 2 Tracer Missilies off, before he's on to me again. I then die within 2 seconds after that, due to silly amounts of HP compared to damage...

I feel that I drop like a fly myself, and no matter how much I try to kite and cc, I can't seem to keep people off of me, not to mention, prevent them from killing me.

Mercs suck for pvp...they are a turret without a pillbox to protect them. If you want to keep from getting charged roll a sniper. It's not complicated...mercs are supposed to be run and gun but they're not. If you want to run and gun roll a PT. I have played many toons and the merc is just not what it should be.