[GUIDE IN PROGRESS] Terror From Beyond

Hai,

Here's a copy of what I posted on my guild's forums:

--

So I've ran TFB for a bit on PTS, here's a guide on what I've learned so far.

LOOT:

In story mode: all the bosses drop Rakata. I heard that the final one also drops Campaign.

------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST BOSS (The Writhing Terror):

This is a lot easier than Toth & Zorn. At the start he'll be standing at the back. The main tank should move in and turn him around, and have him not face the raid. Melee should stay behind the boss, ranged should be spread out. The main boss will not move, but at every 10% of his health, he will burrow and go to a different place. I don't know if this place is random or if it's in a sequence. After each burrow he should be faced away from the raid again.

At 80% he will spawn adds: a big add and several small adds. You can single-taunt (or AoE taunt, idc) the big add, but the small adds are untauntable. Instead, the small adds will attack whoever is in this big red circle. The easiest way to do this is to have the offtank AoE-taunt(!!) the big add, and move into the red circle. Keep in mind that you can only 'use' the red circle once to get the 'pheromone' buff. So heals and DPS should stay the **** out of that circle, the offtank should run through it. The big add also does an AoE attack which should be interrupted.

An alternative strategy is to turn it around. The offtank will taunt the big add and kite it across the room, since he does knockbacks. Everyone but the tanks and the maintank-healer should be in the red circle and be AOE'ing the adds. This strategy works if you have sufficient AOE damage. After AOE'ing the small adds, kill the big one, then back on the main boss. I believe the adds spawn four times, at 80%, 60%, 40% and 20%.

The main boss stacks debuff on the tanks so a tank swap is required. The way I've done it was to have the tanks swap as soon as the currently tanking person gets 5 stacks.

SECOND BOSS (Dread Masters):

These are three bosses. You'll have a sorcerer, a marauder and an assassin who each use their own abilities, similar to the ones each class has. It also depends on which boss(es) the ops group are currently focussing on. The way I did this was to kill the middle guy/sorcerer first (just like in PvP ) and to have the maintank and offtank pick up the other two. The healers should be each taking one tank to heal, and dropping AOE heals like crazy on the DPS' asses while they burn down the sorc. Like with the first fight you'll get stacking debuffs, it's easiest to do a tank swap at 10-15 stacks.

When the DPS is burning down the sorcerer, at one point he'll shield himself (I want that *********** ability). When that happens the DPS should stop hitting the sorcerer and start focussing the marauder. The marauder also has a shield similar to the sorc's bubble. The DPS should break that shield and interrupt the shield the marauder is casting on the sorc. After the sorc is unshielded, back on the sorcerer again. Rinse and repeat until the sorc is dead.

After killing the sorc the DPS should move on the marauder again. He'll drop AOE's on the ground, don't stand in it unless you want Blackreven yelling at you in Vent. However, one person (I believe it's random) will get a debuff called "Doom". At 3 stacks of that debuff, the person should move into the green circles to get rid of it. You have to move into the circles three times, as each time you move into a green AOE you'll have one stack removed. The heals should be aware of this and be casting big heals on the poor guy. If someone *doesn't* do this mechanic he'll be instakilled when the debuff timer runs out.

After the marauder is dead move on the assassin. This guy will target one random person and stay on one person. He cannot be taunted during this phase. When this happens the assassin will shoot out a green light on whoever's getting their *** handed to them, and start running towards him. When this phase, whoever has this aggro should kite the boss around. Do not get hit by the boss or you'll be oneshotted. Don't get oneshotted and kill the mofo.

THIRD BOSS (Operator)

This is the puzzle boss, it's a huge droid in a huge room. What you have to do, is split up into groups of two people. This means you'll form four different groups in total. There are also a total of four colours, one colour for each group obviously When the fight starts, a bunch of adds will spawn that need to be killed.

The puzzle mechanic is that an aoe circle with a specific colour will spawn. One person of the two-person team will need to stand in the circe. The other person will need to click the appropriate console. Using the console will be a long channel, kinda like Sav-Rak in LI. More adds will spawn and attack the currently 'puzzling' team. The rest of the raid needs to pick up the adds and kill them ideally, but in any case keep them away from the two people currently doing the puzzle.

This is very important, because if the person who is channeling gets attacked, he'll be interrupted. While doing this mechanic you're downing two shields on the out of circle of the room. This will open a datacron or some **** that the rest of the raid needs to be dps'ing. You have to do this four times, once per team and when that is done, the main boss will spawn.

When he spawns he'll sometimes light up one of the outer circles. Each time will need to find the appropriate colour for them and stand in it BEFORE the boss is done casting Black Obtuse. If you don't, the entire raid gets a 15-20k AOE hit. Blackreven will hate you.

FOURTH BOSS (Kephess the Undying)

Yep, he's back, but unfortunately we didn't have time to continue at this point. According to the interwebs he's pretty damn easy though.

FIFTH BOSS (Some giant mutant lizard ****)

**** if I know what to do here.

You know now what you want but you get what you said that you know you've always said that you wanted instead.

Edited by Argure

Tactics emerge eventually and many people are thankful for them. Maybe a small spoiler warning would be useful but hey people are smart enough that if they don't wanna know, just don't keep reading.

Overall nice and simple guide. Keep it up :) regarding the.first boss: There is a set routine where he burrows. As for the Jealous Male and the Pheramone pools, I know there's a set number of locations that they might spawn but I don't think its a routine (could be wrong though)

Tactics emerge eventually and many people are thankful for them. Maybe a small spoiler warning would be useful but hey people are smart enough that if they don't wanna know, just don't keep reading.

Overall nice and simple guide. Keep it up :) regarding the.first boss: There is a set routine where he burrows. As for the Jealous Male and the Pheramone pools, I know there's a set number of locations that they might spawn but I don't think its a routine (could be wrong though)

I gave a spoiler alert at the top of my guides, and I think the title of mine says enough.

There are 3 spots at which the Calming Pheromones spawn, it is random which one it is.

Edited by Craxim

I gave a spoiler alert at the top of my guides, and I think the title of mine says enough.

There are at which the Calming Pheromones spawn, it is random which one it is.

There are actually what look like "flowers" at each possible pheromone spawn location, so you can just look for those to see the possible spots where they can show up.

Edited by Kihra

There are actually what look like "flowers" at each possible pheromone spawn location, so you can just look for those to see the possible spots where they can show up.

Realized my typo when you quoted me >.<

Yes, the flowers. 3 different spots.