Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

okay so lemme get this straight...bioware, an american company (austin texas) should just give the euros what they want? sorry but I dont think thats going to happen...and besides they could change the hours but it would just be the same for americans then...both parties cant be happy. might as well pick the side you live in

People are asking for TWO maintenance schedules like pretty much every other AAA MMO out there.

Read the thread before posting (including the previous one that is now over 100 pages long).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay so lemme get this straight...bioware, an american company (austin texas) should just give the euros what they want? sorry but I dont think thats going to happen...and besides they could change the hours but it would just be the same for americans then...both parties cant be happy. might as well pick the side you live in

Thousands of players already said: SPLIT maintenance hours for euro and us servers.

Easy enough.

Dozens of MMO did that. Even F2P ones.

Yes, you're right of course.

Beside the first part of the sentence that would largely explain why americans are so much hated in the "rest of the world" (inlike probably austin/texas), it's incomprehensible to have SEPARATE maintenance timeframes.

Move to the USA?

Has there been any major MMO's developed in the EU?

Guy! The most played MMO worlwid are the Korean ones, made by and for Koreans and asiatic market.

Even the worst of them wipe on number any US MMO.

And now

What American MMO has been a success worldwide?

Answer yourself, the solution is simple even for you. And it's curious but it happens because is mostly played outside US than inside.

Move to the USA?

Has there been any major MMO's developed in the EU?

If you really believe that a game as big as swtor is can survive just with the amercian customers, fine by me, but don't sell it officially in europe.

As simple as that

I played a lot of years eq in usa servers, obviously the downtimes were in off peak time for the customers , but for the love of god the swtor european servers are in galway(ireland).

Edited by Erelenko

There really is no reason why different servers can't be on different schedules.

A good example is WoW. The USA servers also contain the Oceanic servers (Aus, NZ, Japan and S E A). When they launched these 6 servers they suffered from the same problem: maintenance during the daylight hours, on a USA schedule.

It wasn't long before Blizz put these servers on their own routine, much to the thanks of many players.

And I am SURE SW has many more players in the EU timezone than WoW ever had / has in GMT+9.

I really REALLY hope that BW actually changes the times for EU updates. Only because when they do and the other people who are going to be affected by the new downtime come here to complain we can all say "Hey! Don' t look at us, your fellow EU players said you are the ones that deserve to have your play time limited. Your OWN EU brothers and sisters turned you in as being less important than they are."

Well done EU. Well done.

Just in case you think it doesn't affect me. It does. I loose out on that time as well. Thankfully, I have other things I can do.

And for those that unsub due to your prime selfish reasons, please unsub faster. We can use those places on the servers to help clear up the queue. You won't be missed.

Edited by xworndownx

Hello there, everyone! We have recreated this thread, as the previous discussion went over 1,000 posts. We wanted to take a moment and remind everyone of the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Please remember that users are allowed to disagree with one another - repeatedly telling others to "stay on topic" or stating you are ignoring them is not constructive or conducive to healthy discussion. We understand that sometimes subjects can get heated, but we do ask that everyone is respectful and polite to each other while giving their opinions. Here are some quick examples to keep in mind when posting.

• Never insult another community member.
  • Always discuss the topic and give constructive criticism.
  • If you feel someone is violates the Rules of Conduct, do not reply to them; simply report (flag) the post.
  • If someone is being a troll, don’t feed them. Simply do not reply and report (flag) the post.
  • Be respectful to all community members; while you may not agree with their opinion, you should not be rude to them.

Thanks for your understanding, and please enjoy your friendly discussion!

This kind of shows that people aren't happy when a topic gets that big.

Anyway can repeat it again in this thread.

- Most of Europeans use GMT +1 and GMT +2 the normal maintenance will last up to 17:00-18:00.

-Extended maintenance like now (or worse) goes far into our peak time (20:00-21:00+)

Common sense states that the US has the down time during convenient times when they know the least people play.

It's save to say more EU players play around 17:00-19:00 than the US players during the early morning

-The servers are in Ireland and so is Bioware EU, they can do the maintenance during the morning.

Most of all if you don't care why do you bother posting here?

If you're American and want to brag can you just not get out of this topic?

Look we get it 'get a job or lol I would not care' good for you.

I know Americans are calm people that don't get pissed when they think the customer service is poor but we in EU aren't as perfect and peaceful.

We just want our concerns to be heard and addressed , it doesn't bother you so stop posting.

That said I personally think all customers should demand good service from a gaming company ,especially when you talk about EA.

They will do as little as possible to spare costs,until it hurts their wallet.

In the end this benefits every one.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

I really REALLY hope that BW actually changes the times for EU updates. Only because when they do and the other people who are going to be affected by the new downtime come here to complain we can all say "Hey! Don' t look at us, your fellow EU players said you are the ones that deserve to have your play time limited. Your OWN EU brothers and sisters turned you in as being less important than they are."

Well done EU. Well done.

Just in case you think it doesn't affect me. It does. I loose out on that time as well. Thankfully, I have other things I can do.

And for those that unsub due to your prime selfish reasons, please unsub faster. We can use those places on the servers to help clear up the queue. You won't be missed.

Thanks!

I've a lot of things to do too, like work. But that's not the question.

We're talking about service, we're paying the same membership (I think even we're paying more in Euros) and we're being disgregarded in our rights as customers.

BW has invested a quantity of money for an European infraestructure and I'm asking myself about what did they it for?

And for the fanboys and proud US born, only to say that No MMO is a success only in USA.

Give me a name of some US only MMO that not be Free to Play.

I can't see why we can't have the downtime starting @ 5am GMT which would knock it off for the US timezones at a reasonable hour of midnight while still giving us more playtime than ruining an entire day and giving downtime a finish of 1pm gmt instead of 4pm.

I still think 8 hours down for a minor bug patch is way too excessive and a 4 hour time slot if they had chosen 8am gmt would have been much more resonable to all those who live in Europe as it would be back up for lunchtime and this of course doesn't take into account the fact if it rolls on like last week till prime time for the Europeans.

I think its unfair that Downtime is always when the Americans sleep but at the end of the day its the way it is I would just hope Bioware will take this into account in future maintainance slots.

Edited by Darkjustice

I think its unfair that Downtime is always when the Americans sleep but at the end of the day its the way it is I would just hope Bioware will take this into account in future maintainance slots.

Hope to, but reading the last interview of Stephen Reid i believe that is not in their agenda.

Happy new year for all you all :D

Edited by Erelenko

I supported the previous thread I support this thread. I really like the game but find the maintenance absolutely egregious. I figured the only way to be heard is to hit the big red button and fill in the exit poll. I hope it is changed sooner rather than later and then I'll be right back.

Well done EU. Well done.

Did you even stop to think before posting?

With seperate maintenance windows, people from the US(night time players) can play on the EU servers and the other way around when servers are down. Wich should be a more fruitful experience if you only have the option to play at night anyway.

I think it is funny how a video game makes the Americans so important all of a sudden and brings out the jealousy/envy of them. Doesn't the world, entire world, practically hate Americans already? Since when did anyone in the world really care what the Americans thought, did anyways? Oh, wait. Now they do since the American downtime is in a different time slot. I know, call your government and have them put you on the same time as CST or EST.

Besides, who says it will actually last 8hours? It might only last 4, or 5. No one knows until the servers come back online. It's a bit premature and highly assumed that it's going to take the full 8 hours and get all upset about it.

How about this. If BW came out and said that 100k Americans and 100k EU players were affected by the downtime would you think any differently? Looks pretty equal and fair on paper doesn't it? What if changing the EU times that affected 100k would then affect 200k?

Besides, who says it will actually last 8hours? It might only last 4, or 5. No one knows until the servers come back online. It's a bit premature and highly assumed that it's going to take the full 8 hours and get all upset about it.

How about this. If BW came out and said that 100k Americans and 100k EU players were affected by the downtime would you think any differently? Looks pretty equal and fair on paper doesn't it? What if changing the EU times that affected 100k would then affect 200k?

Lets just turn it around then and see what you americans would say if the maintenance was from 10am and 8 hours forward. After all, it does not seem to be a problem for you people. So BW should just go ahead with that, then let us see the complaints on the forum from your side of the pond.

Well wouldn't it be an idea for them to actually put up some figures for us or explain their reasoning for this rather than peeving off so many players. All it would take would be an explanation from them and why they choose to do it this way then everyone knows the score.

Seems awfully annoying that we never get a post as to why from Developers just blank spaces with a load of us winging about it lol.

xworndownx, I don't mind if you, americans, have the maintenance on day time, while we have it on night time. So many of you come here and tell us how it's ok to be like that. Well if you have no problem with it, how about you have it on day time, while we have it on night time. Since you don't mind, I'd make me happy. So - win, win, no?

Omg really it is so hard to understand, if you do the maintenance time as ALL mmorpg out there, the amreican customer would be affected when their maintenance its done and eu when theirs.

Example for the kids:

Tuesday night maintenance time for usa

Wednesday night for the european people.

Is easy, even the f2p games do this way.

That's assuming a single maintenance schedule. We want 2 schedules. Leave the one for the American servers as it is, impacting as few people as possible, and introduce a schedule for the European servers as well so that maintenance takes place during the night.

That way as few people as possible are affected in BOTH regions of the world. There's no way shifting the schedule from smack in the middle of the day to well past midnight will suddently affect more people.