Need more Tier VI metal missions

VectraBeza

Hello,

Can you please increase the number of level 49-50 underworld metal missions available from Underworld Trading crew skills? I often don't even get one available, and if I do manage to get one offered, it's almost impossible to get a second one before the first mission has been completed.

There's an overabundance of companion gift missions at this particular level, in my opinion; I am typically offered four companion gift missions and two underworld fabrics missions. Look, I know some of this is just my luck with the random nature of the available missions, but I don't think there's the same demand for the companion gifts as there is for the metals and it's becoming increasingly frustrating to craft purple tier VI stuff solely because the missions to get the metals are frequently unavailable.

Oh I feel you! Getting metal is exceedingly frustrating. Gifts and gifts again on the list, all the time! And getting purple metal is all but impossible now! I've been trying like crazy to get Neuraninum, grade 4 purple, but ever since 1.3 I dont get them anymore!

Assuming that UT works like Scavenging and Investigation, the entire mission list is rerolled every time someone returns from another mission, no matter what level, so if the mission you want isn't available, send someone on one of the Grade 1 missions for 3 minutes or whatever. Hopefully, when they return the Grade 6 mission you want will roll up.

The trouble is all tier 6 crew mission types for materials lack yield ratings above abundant, unless you have slicing-discovered single-use missions for wealthy yields. What they need to do is add the bountiful and rich yields to tier 6 missions.

• 2 weeks later...

My argument is, why can't the crew skills missions link directly to your chosen crew skill, rather than getting a list of random missions that are less than useless to you?

I'm heartily fed up of receiving list after list of Companion Gifts quests and virtually no Underworld Metal quests at all.

I would estimate the number of Metal missions falls below 10% of the total number of missions offered which is ridiculous when you compare to the number of Gift and fabric missions.

Please fix it Bioware......

From the UWT mission distribution list (still valid for 1.3). What Bioware needs to do is remove a few Gift missions from the mix (not add more metal) to allow more randomizer hits on Metal missions.

Grade 6 missions (Imperial)

• 1700 Mod Met - Assemble Your Team
  • 1700 Mod Met - Consolidation
  • 1700 Mod Met - No Redeeming Value
  • 1700 Mod Fab - Breaking In
  • 1700 Mod Fab - Desperation
  • 1780 Abu Met - A Volatile Gift
  • 1780 Abu Fab - The Sinews of War
  • 2125 Rich Gift - Fair Play
  • 2125 Rich Gift - Irreplaceable Parts
  • 2125 Rich Gift - Match Fixing
  • 2125 Rich Gift - Planting Seeds
  • 2125 Rich Gift - Table Talk
  • 2225 Rich Gift - Gaining Favor
  • 2225 Rich Gift - Discreet Exit
  • 2225 Rich Gift - No Competition

Fifteen missions (makes me think I missed a moderate fabric). Eight are Gift (all Rich), four are Metals (3 moderate & 1 abundant), three are Fabric (2 moderate & 1 abundant).

I think all skills where you send your comp away needs to be reworked, it's an even bigger nightmare with Diplomacy since you might not want dark/light missions which cuts the number of viable missions to a minimum. Why not just do away with this random crap and let us choose our missions as we see fit.

The trouble is all tier 6 crew mission types for materials lack yield ratings above abundant, unless you have slicing-discovered single-use missions for wealthy yields. What they need to do is add the bountiful and rich yields to tier 6 missions.

True for all mission based crew skills. One can conclude that BW has designed system to keep the supply of tier 6 mats low which when coupled with the fact that it usually takes four tier 6 irons, augmentors, etc. to craft the highest level mods, augments, or whatever makes them more valuable and harder to come by.

The system has a storng bias against the players who do not have a lot of time to spend in game and those who do not run a lot of alts. On the other hand, a player who can spend the time and has a number of alts will generally have a good deal of credits, have duplicate crew skills at 400, and be able to run a significant number of missions. To them the tier 6 mats are no problem to acquire. For example, I do have the credits and have two alts with UT at 400 and two with slicing at 400. So I get a steady supply of 340 UT missions and UT alts come up with abundant tier 6 missions on a low but steady basis. When they come up with only companion gift missions at the top level, I recycle by running lower tier rich missions and stockpile the purples. I feel for the player who can't get the Neuranium that he/she needs. I have a ton just from cycling down to rich missions when I only get companion gift missions at the highest level.

One of the things that you learn quickly about crafting in swtor is that if you need a specific item it is a pain in the lower regions to get it. You have to be a packrat and stockpile stuff for the day that you may need it.

I think all skills where you send your comp away needs to be reworked, it's an even bigger nightmare with Diplomacy since you might not want dark/light missions which cuts the number of viable missions to a minimum. Why not just do away with this random crap and let us choose our missions as we see fit.

Sorry to post twice but I do love the light/dark side points that come with Dip missions.

My all time favorite thing is to have a companion go on a dark side mission on a light side character because I want the mats and then have them come back with nothing (mission has failed) and still get the dark side poiints. It makes sense in a way since the mission is light or dark side whether or not it is a succsss, but nice way to drive your players crazy BW.

Yes, they definitely need to add in more metal missions.

However, they should really redo Underworld Trading/the crew skills that use fabrics and metals. Why you ask? Because only 1/3 (or 0.33) of one crew skill uses fabrics- synthweaving, light armor. The other 2/3 of synthweaving uses metals, for medium and heavy armor. But the other crew skills- armormech and cybertech ONLY use metals. So why are there so many missions for fabrics? Honestly the medium armor should use fabrics, if just to make the fabrics useful rather than just vendoring the fabrics, since they don't sell on the GTN anyways. And maybe use fabrics to make armorings in cybertech.... also to get more use out of them, rather than just vendor/give it to a synthweaver.

My all time favorite thing is to have a companion go on a dark side mission on a light side character because I want the mats and then have them come back with nothing (mission has failed) and still get the dark side poiints. It makes sense in a way since the mission is light or dark side whether or not it is a succsss, but nice way to drive your players crazy BW.

You must really love that BW decided to help LS/DS rp angst by denying you access to missions based on mission flavor text. "Diplomacy missions that previously indicated the player was assisting the other faction are now appropriately faction-restricted."

• 1 year later...