Lose 2 to 50

matthewdbear

Won 50 to nothing yesterday so you are a step ahead of that group at least.

Also been on a match where my team lost 50-1 so some of us do feel your pain. The most important thing though is that you don't throw your hands up and quit just because you've had a bad loss or strung some crap matches together. Happens to pretty much every pilot and sometimes the best thing is just to take a break and see what the next day's que's have to offer.

Keep at it, even though there is some game issue's it is no worse than what ground pvp considers "balanced"....no MMO PVP will be completely fair, that is just the nature of the beast.

What point of having the urge to play this. Game not balanced correctly in my opinion.

To be fair that's most likely a case of poor team balance rather than a flaw in the game (ie ship/weapon balance). In my experience such team imbalance is almost impossible to prevent 100% of the time (especially one that requires matchmaking and has to weigh good team balance with que time) and you'll get a few matches that are lemons. It also depends on your server I gather since some servers seem to have a larger GSF community than others which helps to mitigate team imbalance.

Also been on a match where my team lost 50-1 so some of us do feel your pain. The most important thing though is that you don't throw your hands up and quit just because you've had a bad loss or strung some crap matches together. Happens to pretty much every pilot and sometimes the best thing is just to take a break and see what the next day's que's have to offer.

This too.

What point of having the urge to play this. Game not balanced correctly in my opinion.

Your team was probably really bad compared to the other team. That's not game balance, that's matchmaking, and I'm sure you were the only guys on.

That depends... if the other team was made mostly of gunships and bombers then it becomes a game balance issue :D

Again that depends on the pilots in those gunships and bombers. I have played plenty of matches where the opposition was heavy in those two ship types and we kicked their asses with mostly strikes and flashfires

Edited by psandak

GSF is only balanced with ships of comparable mods. A group of unmodded ships v a group of heavily modded ships get owned every time. The Devs did a terrible job of sorting out what mods did when they created them. Add to it extremely poor matchmaking (if it even happens) and it takes a lot of the fun out of the game in a hurry. There is no excuse for an 8 v 8 same faction match where one side is 7 mostly unmodded ships and the other side is 7 or 8 heavily modded ships. That's just shoddy coding and it needs to be fixed. I know less people are playing. The queues are longer and you see more and more of the same people match after match. That isn't a good thing.

Just got out of a match just like the one you were describing OP. We lost 3-50. Enemy locked down all 3 of our spawn points and were abusing every cheap trick (it was a super que, 3 bombers with drones, 3 ion railgun gunships and 2 type 2 scouts vs a bunch of noobs). It was miserable, and on top of that they were taunting us in chat between respawn waves.

You get all sort of nasty people in this game. Some just need to dominate over a bunch of noobies because they are barely average when alone vs a similar opponent. Others are just playing with friends and get grouped with noobies. Unfortunately PVP brings out the worst in people. My advise is just don't let yourself get angry. Once they locked down all 3 nodes I just went AFK and made myself some tea (better to get AFKers comms than nothing at all).

GSF is only balanced with ships of comparable mods. A group of unmodded ships v a group of heavily modded ships get owned every time. The Devs did a terrible job of sorting out what mods did when they created them. Add to it extremely poor matchmaking (if it even happens) and it takes a lot of the fun out of the game in a hurry. There is no excuse for an 8 v 8 same faction match where one side is 7 mostly unmodded ships and the other side is 7 or 8 heavily modded ships. That's just shoddy coding and it needs to be fixed. I know less people are playing. The queues are longer and you see more and more of the same people match after match. That isn't a good thing.

This !!

There is very little excuse for the near complete lack of team balancing in this game. It's exceptionally hard to avoid seeing this exact same problem in other MMOs and it's usually the death of the minigames.