Suggestion: As Legacy Level Increases prices decrease for Legacy Unlocks.

Urael

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

Despite having 3x full 50s, (2x Columi or better, 1x Tionese) and a newly 47 that's just started running dailies, it's kind of annoying to have to keep mailing low alts cash for things I may want (mostly Legacy gear).

For the low time frame of maybe 1-2 hours, per daily runner, you make 300k an alt, only running Belsavis (full clear), Ilum (Poisonous Strat), and Blackhole (full clear). Run with a group, it takes an hour tops. Run with a group that also goes and does random HM fp, then pvp/space missions for the low time investment of 3 hours you make 500-750k easy.

OTOH, prices are pretty ridiculous. Outside of legacy transport to capital world & blackhole, I virtually never buy anything else, unless its a global unlock. And I flatly refuse to touch the GTN ship access, regardless of how much I make a day. Legacy 40-50 should be getting the GTN practically for free....

So you payed All those credit to get where your now. (That is Fantastic) That means you Worked hard to get where you are at, what you are saying, Is that you want to have people pay on a sliding scale, which means if I'm one of the lucky ones, I can get it cheaper price and the rest of the people after me will be paying through the nose in high prices like you payed for yours. Because the more people pay after me, the price will rise. So when the population is low on the server you will exploit and pay less for everything at that point. Like EA\Bioware will not allow that to happen. Fat chance buster it will not happen.

I do not like that deal, I have on one character everything payed for on legacy as well and I'm not crying or whining about the prices. what I see is that you want! you have another character but you do not want to work as hard the 2nd time to pay all those credits. it is Sweet + Tears+Time= Hard work. You want the easy way out pay less and reap the rewards. EA/Bioware will not make a sliding scale to benefit your laziness, The sith have a saying, the weak will die so that the strong shall live.

This will increase the marginal utility of the legacy "rewards". As it stands, the abilities are overpriced for the actual utility obtained. Having a sliding scale would allow the buyer to opt in when the price per utility gained is at the acceptable "pain threashold" of the purchase in the eyes of the buyer.

Right now Legacy Level is useless. I am currently "rewarded" the "privilage" to pay huge amounts of credits for abilites that are just very "meh" at best.

/signed

Why not making some of the legacy perks unlockable for free at a certain level, but if you want instant gratification, you pay to get it right away.

And please give me abreak with the "blood and sweat and tears" argument over games as you eat your doritoes in front of the screen farming credits cmon.

Thats an excellent idea to be sure !

there are many unlocks in the legacy panel that are completely useless ( for instance character perks xcept speeder piloting 1) and are for no reason worth their money .

also , farming all that money makes the game super boring ... even worse than the slowest pencil pushing desk job.

So you payed All those credit to get where your now. (That is Fantastic) That means you Worked hard to get where you are at, what you are saying, Is that you want to have people pay on a sliding scale, which means if I'm one of the lucky ones, I can get it cheaper price and the rest of the people after me will be paying through the nose in high prices like you payed for yours. Because the more people pay after me, the price will rise. So when the population is low on the server you will exploit and pay less for everything at that point. Like EA\Bioware will not allow that to happen. Fat chance buster it will not happen.

I do not like that deal, I have on one character everything payed for on legacy as well and I'm not crying or whining about the prices. what I see is that you want! you have another character but you do not want to work as hard the 2nd time to pay all those credits. it is Sweet + Tears+Time= Hard work. You want the easy way out pay less and reap the rewards. EA/Bioware will not make a sliding scale to benefit your laziness, The sith have a saying, the weak will die so that the strong shall live.

You failed to comprehend my intial post ( which you quoted ). I suggested nothing of the sort as you characterized it. I am not sure what was in YOUR MIND that caused you to INFER some NEFARIOUS PLOT by my proposal.

I was stating that for ones WORK (e.g. leveling) one could get a bennefit. Like I said as your legacy level increases the prices would slide downward rewarding people for playing the game via the adjustment. The "buy in point" would be determined by the individual. I never said HOW MUCH things should be reduced via the sliding scale, I only suggested that there be one as an alternative to the egregious credit sinks that currently exist.

Again I really don't know why YOU are so OFFENDED. :rolleyes:

The cost should not have been in the game in the first place. It would have been much better if you earned points with your legacy levels and you could spend them on the legacy features. OR pay credits for it. Right now legacy levels are completely pointless and a waste of space.

The cost should not have been in the game in the first place. It would have been much better if you earned points with your legacy levels and you could spend them on the legacy features. OR pay credits for it. Right now legacy levels are completely pointless and a waste of space.

Agreed that they are currently really a pointless waste at this time. Hence, my suggestion for attempting to give them some value with the sliding scale. :cool:

Legacy is one of the most useless features they have added, and it is because of the insane costs of the unlocks. You spend so much time getting the legacy level required that the cost on top of it just seems like a very unatural obstical and more like a slap in the face than a reward for playing.

So I would 100% agree to this suggestion, anything to get those horrible prices down.

I most definitely support this, in part or in full, legacy is great in concept and I am early on in it at only level 4, but I have already noticed that it provides very little reward or encouragement compared to what it should.

The costs or the way its perks are unlocked need adjusting no doubt.

This will increase the marginal utility of the legacy "rewards". As it stands, the abilities are overpriced for the actual utility obtained. Having a sliding scale would allow the buyer to opt in when the price per utility gained is at the acceptable "pain threashold" of the purchase in the eyes of the buyer.

Right now Legacy Level is useless. I am currently "rewarded" the "privilage" to pay huge amounts of credits for abilites that are just very "meh" at best.

EDIT (26Oct2012): My thanks to all who are in support of this idea! :)

Um.... hellz ya!!!!!

I was thinking the very same thing, so I have to sign this.

X10

I agree they should cost SOMETHING, but make it more like lowering the cost by 3% for every level AFTER the requirement level. So if a perk requires legacy level 10, and you're legacy level 30, the cost would be 60% cheaper. I think that's a fairer scale by far.

I'm in favor of the sliding scale (above) or of receiving "unlock points" with each legacy level. At least some benefit from gaining legacy levels and a reduction in the credit sink properties of legacy perks.

/sign

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the support to everyone that signed this idea. I think we have seen what EAware feels about us with the advent of the CC store and it's trend to P2win (look at the new Space packs at the time of this writing).

Please continue to support if you think EAware will listen. I however have given up hope on them doing so. I have also given up on SWTOR. :cool: