How are kills calculated in warzones?

gocard

I apologize if this is a noob question. I did a quick Google search, but the keyword iterations I picked didn't surface this information. How exactly are kills calculated in the warzone scoreboard. The reason I ask, is because another user posted this scoreboard: http://i.imgur.com/gzSZprw.jpg.

If you take a look at the second player listed, this healer accumulated 35 kills while doing 0 damage.

Does this mean that if I heal a friendly(ies) and they kill an enemy, then I am attributed with the kill as well? Does protection work the same way, meaning, if I protect a friendly(ies) who then kill an enemy, do I get attributed with the kill? Do you get attributed for kills when the map did most or all of the damage, like stunning someone in a fire/acid pits, or pushing them off a bridge/ledge, or getting them stuck in the hypergate pylon explosion? What if you used a non-damaging ability to accomplish the fire/acid pit, bridge/ledge, or hypergate maneuver?

Thanks in advance for any insight or links to references I may have missed.

Edited by gocard
additional scenario

Yes, a kill is..

1. You killed the enemy.

2. You damaged the enemy and he never dropped out of combat until he died.

3. You were healing someone that did 1 or 2.

Missed the acid pit, fire trap thing. No you don't get a kill unless you damage them before they die in the acid pit or fire trap. And no protection alone doesn't reward kills, you have to do 1, 2, or 3.

Edited by Draqsko

Missed the acid pit, fire trap thing. No you don't get a kill unless you damage them before they die in the acid pit or fire trap.

Are you sure? I'm fairly certain I've gotten medals for pulling enemies into the fire traps, without ever using any attack skills on them (maybe a stun after the grapple)