Crafted Gear with [Agmented]

Fireheart_DP

I'm a Cybertech and I've been lucky, I guess, in having two pieces of Droid tech come up [Augmented]... I understand that means a critical success. Examining the items in the Mod Table show 0/1 Active Modifications - However, there are no slots showing, nothing that I can drop a Mod into.

What's it mean? Have I been swindled?

Be Well!

Fireheart

It has an open Augmentation slot, that you can apply an Augmentation to. You'll have to acquire an augmentation, and they come in various flavors.

Basically a critical craft result saves you the time, money, effort of applying an augmentation kit to add a slot.

I'm a Cybertech and I've been lucky, I guess, in having two pieces of Droid tech come up [Augmented]... I understand that means a critical success. Examining the items in the Mod Table show 0/1 Active Modifications - However, there are no slots showing, nothing that I can drop a Mod into.

What's it mean? Have I been swindled?

Be Well!

Fireheart

You need these to fill those slots:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear?n=augment#t=18

Cybertech don't make those. You have to be Synthweaving, Armstech, or Armormech.

I'm sorry, I'm relatively new to this game, and I simply don't understand what you mean. Open Augmentation slot that I can apply augmentations to... how? Where? I see no slots or indications of what goes in there.

Game wants to sell me some sort of Augmentation slot and requires a 'Kit' and cash to do so. I see your listing of Augmentations... and they're all associated with skills that I do not have... I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with that information.

All of the documentation I can find talks about 'Orange Crits', but these items are Blue. My T7 is now equipped with a something-or-other Core [Augmented] but I don't see any way to augment it. If I shop the Market, or have an armor-making toon to craft an 'Augmentation' like the ones on that list, how does it get applied to my droid's gear?

I realize that you are trying to be helpful, but I think I need a more explicit and detailed answer.

Be Well!

Fireheart

Edited by Fireheart_DP

If you ctrl + right click the item it will bring up the item modification page, for it at the bottom of the tab that opens will be where your augmentation, slot is once you get hold of an augment you can put it in there to boost the stats of the piece. Hope this helps a bit ^^

Most customizable armor items have three modification slots: armoring, mod and enhancement. Bracers and belts are the exceptions, as they only have two.

All armor and weapons (so that leaves out implants, ear pieces and relics) can have "augment slots" added. Augment slots allow you to add a fourth (or 5th, in the case of weapons) item modification called an "augment" on the item. If you can craft armor, weapons or droid gear, a critical success on that item will yield the item with an augment slot appropriate for the level of the item. Otherwise, you'll need to get an augmentation kit and use a modification table to add it to the item.

The way you get augmentation kits is by either crafting them (if you have a crew skill that can do so), or you obtain them from someone who can.

In the case of your droid gear, it was not a customizable piece. However, since you crit on the assembly, it gained an augment slot. When you open the customization interface, the augment slot is at the bottom, separated from where the three common modifications would go. You probably failed to notice it because it's not a slot you're familiar with.

I'm sorry, I'm relatively new to this game, and I simply don't understand what you mean. Open Augmentation slot that I can apply augmentations to... how? Where? I see no slots or indications of what goes in there.

Game wants to sell me some sort of Augmentation slot and requires a 'Kit' and cash to do so. I see your listing of Augmentations... and they're all associated with skills that I do not have... I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with that information.

All of the documentation I can find talks about 'Orange Crits', but these items are Blue. My T7 is now equipped with a something-or-other Core [Augmented] but I don't see any way to augment it. If I shop the Market, or have an armor-making toon to craft an 'Augmentation' like the ones on that list, how does it get applied to my droid's gear?

I realize that you are trying to be helpful, but I think I need a more explicit and detailed answer.

Be Well!

Fireheart

This might help... I <3 dulfy

http://dulfy.net/2012/06/06/a-look-at-the-augment-kits-and-slots-in-1-3/