snipers need serious help

Labradoraki

Things snipers need.

Fix bugs that dont let me get in cover. Love trying to get in cover and just keep rolling in place over and over until a jugg leaps on me.

Fix bugs/lag that cause the game to attack from my standing toolbar even though my cover toolbar is already showing. I have R bound to quckshot when standing and ambush when in cover. I go in cover..shows ambush..screen is up..but i still fire off a quickshot instead.

You need to learn to use crouch in place for the first one, but I do wish I still had my roll to cover when I find the need for it.

2nd one; get rid of the stupid cover bar so you have the same hotkeys there at all times.

I mean, seriously... Snipers are really weak currently compared to other classes, I ve been playing my sniper for 2 years now so i am very expirienced, it realyl needs to be boosted and heres why

We cant kill anyone with half a braincell because they take advantage of objects, they can interrupt our skills simply by hiding behind something while leaving dots on us or they can just escape if they were far enough and we cant really move throught he entire enemy line to get him...

Cover has the huge disadvantage of not letting us move, so anyone can just try to run away from oru range and its over, if we move we lose our cover advantages and die relaly easy, and nto to say we lose our entrench abillity..

I propose that all sniper skills should go through objects but just do 66% of their total damage

From my point of view( i have wh gunslinger and BM sniper), sniper and gs are most balanced class in the game.

they are totally good.

problem is you need to push moar then 3 buttons, roll PT.

• 3 months later...
The main thing I'd like to see them do for Snipers right now is to make their Ballistic Dampers and Snap Shot refresh every 6 seconds while remaining in cover. It can be a PITA to swap cover and it's a clunky mechanic. Would be cool if they fixed that. :cool:

i play a sorc..

i would kill for the snipers ranged burst...

u trade mobility for being immune to charges, grapple and interrupts

seeing as jugg/mara's, and pt's are running rampant and OP.. to me that sets snipers up pretty nice

my sorc cant take two steps in a wz without being charged instant smash/ravaged bya melee train of 6 warriors

no need to put a focus marker on me, they see the lightning coming from my fingers and they all know where the big crits are gonna land...

got vicious thrown at for 5k+ yesterday.. completely unecessary for the class with the burstiest ability int he game

i left for 6 months and came back and zero balance has occured.

So you left for 6 month, guess you have crappy gear, and now you are getting killed by players who have 6 month more playtime than you. Oh noez, how could that be.

so u believe those classes i mentioned are balanced? and theres no issue with sorcs?

at 1300 expertise i shouldnt be getting chain crit for 5k

and a lolsmash jugg critting for 7-8k does NOT need a 5k execute

so u believe those classes i mentioned are balanced? and theres no issue with sorcs?

at 1300 expertise i shouldnt be getting chain crit for 5k

and a lolsmash jugg critting for 7-8k does NOT need a 5k execute

u can always try to straf and use los

Necromancy all over again. 2 good stealthers can shutdown sniper populations effortlesly. On the other hand, 2-3 snipers can lockdown huttball middle for any melee. Swtor is a game of extremes. Unfortunately we just have to live with this crap. Its a team game, but i doubt i will ever feel the real team aspect similar to what .. Team fortress offers.

u can always try to straf and use los

one snare break for a non healing sorc...

tell me how that works vs even as little as 2 melee classes,

charge snare charge snare, ravage snare, force choke etc

to be a successful sorc you need a much higher skill set than these classes...

ill admit sorcs can have great mobility in a 1v1 situation but again most wz's are melee gravy trains and we can all agree the lag in wz's is deplorable... i often get charge by a jugg, he'll dissapear, and ill be smashed for 7k before he even re appears..

the current balance logic witht he sorc class doesnt make sense, the squishiest class with no powerful defensive cooldowns (as in long cooldwon) and light armor also has very mediocre dmg.. in fact sorc damage is easily behind a mara, jugg, pt, assasin, sniper, and our survivability lags behind all of them as well... this isnt balance

so snipers are fine, then counter warriors very well... they trade mobility for immunites and have great burst