Mako, Torian, and too much affection for the former.

Rhinzual

HAHA

"Don't date people you work with...but I'll be damned if I'm gonna take that advice!"

Pretty much :p

I actually don't know why there wasn't an option to say that I am interested in him? The only options given are three different ways to say I'm not interested, and then I can either encourage her or say don't date people you work with.. It would be funny if that came back to bite me lol

Edited by Eysaathe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much :p

I actually don't know why there wasn't an option to say that I am interested in him? The only options given are three different ways to say I'm not interested, and then I can either encourage her or say don't date people you work with.. It would be funny if that came back to bite me lol

That IS weird, I was gonna ask, don't you have a choice to say that? How peculiar. :confused:

I have Less than 200 torian affection and 10000 mako. I went through the entire mako romance arc and she never expressed any interest in torian. I don't see how torian affection has anything to do with the mako romance.

the only effect it can have is to delay it slightly by making more talking points between completion of the romance

for torian and mako to be romantic you need to actually keep choosing that option and encouraging it. if mako is on that story arc you will not be able to romance either of them until you either tell them to stop talking about it (as in take an option like, its not gonna work out) or you let it go to the end of its storyline (which isnt very deep) and they end up breaking up anyway and than you can get back to romancing either one of them depending on your gender/affection

the only thing the mako/torian romance does is create a series of extra conversations which lead to you either telling them to break up or you encourage them and they fail on their own and break up and than its back on track with whatever other companion arc you were on

thier romance doesnt happen at all if you already are on a romance arc with mako prior to getting torian, but its at most slightly delayed if you do it the other way around

as a female bounty hunter i had to jump through the mako/torian arc before being able to romance torian myself, it took all of an extra 10 minutes of conversations, so its not even a big delay. and yes i was actually encouraging her to go for him so i could see how that would play out, because i didnt care about romancing him myself, but the option to do that came up later anyway since they fail.

Edited by Kunovega

the only effect it can have is to delay it slightly by making more talking points between completion of the romance

for torian and mako to be romantic you need to actually keep choosing that option and encouraging it. if mako is on that story arc you will not be able to romance either of them until you either tell them to stop talking about it (as in take an option like, its not gonna work out) or you let it go to the end of its storyline (which isnt very deep) and they end up breaking up anyway and than you can get back to romancing either one of them depending on your gender/affection

the only thing the mako/torian romance does is create a series of extra conversations which lead to you either telling them to break up or you encourage them and they fail on their own and break up and than its back on track with whatever other companion arc you were on

thier romance doesnt happen at all if you already are on a romance arc with mako prior to getting torian, but its at most slightly delayed if you do it the other way around

as a female bounty hunter i had to jump through the mako/torian arc before being able to romance torian myself, it took all of an extra 10 minutes of conversations, so its not even a big delay. and yes i was actually encouraging her to go for him so i could see how that would play out, because i didnt care about romancing him myself, but the option to do that came up later anyway since they fail.

Thanks for the info! Now I wish I had encouraged her just to see it lol

If I could give you a batch of freshly made cookies from the oven through the internet, I so would do that right now.

So, like I stated in that Torian the Terminator thread, I'm not even at Taris or even Dromund Kas' second visit a la Act 2 on my Powertech and am sitting on 9060 affection with Mako, not knowing that having more affection with her than Torian (who I don't even have yet) could lock me out of the romance. Now, she grew on me as a character and all and I do not see myself liking Torian in the slightest and since we simply can't kill unwanted companions off for good, I must ask, am I screwed?

If not, then do I just level my Underworld Trading alt up enough to then stuff Torian's face with Rank 6 Companion Gifts, or do I just reroll my whole character? Of course, after reading how Mercs with Concussive Missile have it way easier than Powertechs against those two guards, the idea to reroll in already in my mind.

I am not sure if this information helps, but it might be related to what you are asking:

I was having trouble starting the romance arc with Vette on my warrior, and I posted on the forums ... someone told me that certain companion quests are related to which Act/Chapter you are in, for your class chain. As soon as I finished the current Chapter, a whole new bunch of stuff opened up with Vette.

So perhaps you could "quest ahead" in the class chain, start your romance with Mako, and keep her from being interested in Torian :)

I am a female BH

I greenlit the first convo with Mako when she asks how you feel regarding Torian. The subject never came back up again, and then once I got torian's faction into the 6k range (and above Mako's) i finished the arc where we get married very quickly after that - going from mid 6k to 9k within the course of the love arc. After that, i got the quest where he is kidnapped and during the ending Mako was doing most of the talking, and the fawning all over him - as if they were an item, however he and I had already gotten married. I have to admit, i am a bit annoyed that her reactions in that way are part of the concrete dialogue (My husband is also a BH merc, male and we run our storyline quests back to back). You'd think that they would have changed that part up a bit if you are already deep into, or at the end of the love arc with him already.

I am a female BH

I greenlit the first convo with Mako when she asks how you feel regarding Torian. The subject never came back up again, and then once I got torian's faction into the 6k range (and above Mako's) i finished the arc where we get married very quickly after that - going from mid 6k to 9k within the course of the love arc. After that, i got the quest where he is kidnapped and during the ending Mako was doing most of the talking, and the fawning all over him - as if they were an item, however he and I had already gotten married. I have to admit, i am a bit annoyed that her reactions in that way are part of the concrete dialogue (My husband is also a BH merc, male and we run our storyline quests back to back). You'd think that they would have changed that part up a bit if you are already deep into, or at the end of the love arc with him already.

him getting kidnapped is not actually a companion quest and happens as part of the BH storyline regardless of your affections

i had 0 affection with torian and had never used him or spoken with him aside from the arc where you get him first (which is also bh storyline and forced on you)

i built affection and did the rest of the actual companion quests long after the kidnapping, it looks like you found a bug that yea they probably should have forseen ahead of time

---

on another note though, a lot of the quests in this game are set in a specific time line of their own and its often possible to jump time lines

for example if you finish your class line you may see events that cant take place until after a planet line has been completed, but if you didnt do the planet line prior the people and places will be out of sync

this also happens with the flash points which have a time line of their own, if you complete say all of the flashpoints before finishing the voss planet story arc, people and places will be out of sync in the timelines

without giving any major spoilers im talkign specifically about the voss ambasador, what he does on voss takes place before what he does in the flashpoints, though its possible to complete them out of order

there are many more examples, its something to keep in mind, if you do things out of order, the story arcs will be out of order and may refer to things that should have happened in a different sequence, its the drawback of creating a game with a story progression that must also be persistent at the same time

Question. I have never been in the convo that would put me in a romance path with Mako. However just now Torian asked me if he can date her. Does that mean I screwed up my romance path with Mako? I'm playing male BH btw.

I have over 9000 affection points with Mako and Torian has a little over 1000. Does this mean anything?

Edited by ThroneArche

I am a female BH

Aenene, if it makes you feel better that is definitely a bug. I'll report it for you and see if we can reproduce what happened and fix it. If you have the time, please submit your own bug report with as many details as you can remember through the game client. It will help immensely in isolating where the break happened.

Thanks!

I am a female BH

When I did it, the kidnapper said come save him, unless he isn't marriage material. While my Mako was scared for him, I picked the opitions that delacred he was mine "Nobody touches my man""If they so much as scuff his boots they're dead!". After I rescued him, I chose the flirt opition "I guess I make good bait, huh?""Well, I did always find myself attracted to you". Mako, in response to my flirt towards Torian, said "Woah, save it for the ship you two". She then said she would leave us alone on the way back. I was married to him too, so it's weird, I guess we chose different things?

Question. I have never been in the convo that would put me in a romance path with Mako. However just now Torian asked me if he can date her. Does that mean I screwed up my romance path with Mako? I'm playing male BH btw.

I have over 9000 affection points with Mako and Torian has a little over 1000. Does this mean anything?

No, it doesn't. The thing only occurs of his aff is higher than hers while youre a male bounty hunter, or vice versa. All you have to do is say it's unprofessional, or let it play out. As previously stated, they break up in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

I reached the end of the Bounty Hunter storyline, and I'm pleased to report that Mako and Torian are still an item.

I understand from reading this thread that that's likely to change. I'm hoping it doesn't, because they do make a cute couple. And I'd hate to see Mako cry at the sight of what happens to Torian if he ever breaks her heart.

At first Torian kind of rubbed my the wrong way and seemed to much like a kid. When Mako asked about him I said to go for it. After that he was flirting with me and I turned him down, hard, mostly because Mako liked him. I continued to pass on all the flirt options because I didn't want to interfere with their romance. After having some platonic type conversations I like his character more. Nothing has happened between him and Mako and my flirt options have disappeared. Have I missed my chance? There was a conversation about having dinner that had no flirt options that I thought might have been a romance conversation if things went differently. My affection with Mako is over 9000 and Torian's is about 4500.

I have to share this story, hope you like it.

I had just given my companions (all?) a bunch of gifts, so their affection was climbing fast.

Not thinking, I went to my ship. Low and behold, my companions all want to talk with me.

"Hi, Mako. How are ya sweety?". Mind you my character is female, but has a crush on Mako (who doesn't?).

Mako replies " Hi, you know that new fella Torian? Mind if I make the move on him?". In my reluctancy, I give her the okay.

Few more dialogs with Mako, and I head off to Torian.

"Hi Torian. I have this thing with Mako, but she doesn't have the equipment you have..." /wink wink. He's like; You can pilot my rocket anytime.

Few dialogs later, Torian ends up being kidnaped by some mandalorians (quest leader?). Poor Torian, yay me.

After Torian is gone, I notice Mako wants to talk with me, again?

"What up, sweety?" Mako replies; "You had Torian killed!"

I did what? Seems Mako thought I bumped off Torian, because I was jealous, or at least had him kidnapped.

So, damned if I "HAD" to go rescue Torian, because I had to prove to Mako, I was innocent. And I lubbed her!

What a crazy universe we live in. No same sex relationships, but damn if you can have a love triangle.

• 3 weeks later...

How long until they enable mako romance for a female BH ? x2

I'm a female BH and I'd wish to romance Mako, she's pretty awesome and Torian really doesn't make it for me... Agh, I suppose I will have to put up with that awful Mako-Torian thing for a while. But thank you all for the details... at least now I know it will be temporary.

And seems like Bioware will introduce new companions to enable same-sex relationships, so I will never get my Mako.

Great :(

No Mako for all the same sex peoples, sorry :(

I have to share this story, hope you like it.

I had just given my companions (all?) a bunch of gifts, so their affection was climbing fast.

Not thinking, I went to my ship. Low and behold, my companions all want to talk with me.

"Hi, Mako. How are ya sweety?". Mind you my character is female, but has a crush on Mako (who doesn't?).

Mako replies " Hi, you know that new fella Torian? Mind if I make the move on him?". In my reluctancy, I give her the okay.

Few more dialogs with Mako, and I head off to Torian.

"Hi Torian. I have this thing with Mako, but she doesn't have the equipment you have..." /wink wink. He's like; You can pilot my rocket anytime.

Few dialogs later, Torian ends up being kidnaped by some mandalorians (quest leader?). Poor Torian, yay me.

After Torian is gone, I notice Mako wants to talk with me, again?

"What up, sweety?" Mako replies; "You had Torian killed!"

I did what? Seems Mako thought I bumped off Torian, because I was jealous, or at least had him kidnapped.

So, damned if I "HAD" to go rescue Torian, because I had to prove to Mako, I was innocent. And I lubbed her!

What a crazy universe we live in. No same sex relationships, but damn if you can have a love triangle.

Does she really think you had him killed??? Never had that, married him before a relationship between teh two could come up, right before we went onto Tormen's ship for the first time (it was cute, had Mako out, after I got the offer, I called him to inform him everything would be okay, and he said he wouldn't let his guard down until I got back. CUTE).

No Mako for all the same sex peoples, sorry :(

Does she really think you had him killed??? Never had that, married him before a relationship between teh two could come up, right before we went onto Tormen's ship for the first time (it was cute, had Mako out, after I got the offer, I called him to inform him everything would be okay, and he said he wouldn't let his guard down until I got back. CUTE).

Wait...you mean I can't be with Mako...ever?!

NO!!!!

After all the crap we've been through together, and we never get to take things to the next level?

That's just wrong man! Evil and wrong!

as a tank i infact went 10k with Torian first instead of Mako,

during the start he does show an interest in Mako but it dont really come to anything, might have been my fault through choices i made i dont know but it didnt come to anything. mako is at 5k atm and nothing from her towards torian yet.

• 1 month later...