Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

just checked out the character transfer and I was able to transfer from one dead server to another dead server. That's a great decision to increase pop Bioware, but hey it's free.

Not alot of people play in early morning.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to keep all the players happy Bioware/EA then don't make us wait for weeks for our servers to open up for transfer

What the Hel guys? any idea what your actually doing, or is the decission making process left up to a game of kick the can or a throw of the dice... i'm thick with spit over the name issues i've had with this game. now months later and how many wasted hours... and you screw me on the name again!! .... Bioware is no longer an appropriate name, someone else decided to use it so why dont you guys come up with a new one? wait no, sorry, that sounded like a request... COME UP WITH A NEW ONE or we wont let you play your character you put effort into. but thanks for your money mynoc~

how's that make you feel... doctors?... pffft~

fine, dont like the way you guys have treated me during these 'issues' but i like the game otherwise, just send my character back and give me the old name, please.

Nope, we cant do that.... :p

Real nice guys, i'm sure you wont let this post, but i'm not giving you the 'language' excuse, but i think you'll get the idea..... Truck who? TRUCK YOU!! your inability to handle names with even a similance of intelligence is ridiculous, how have you managed to miss the importance of a name, your parents or state did give you one right?!

2 months. Fix it, get my name back to me, or you lose a customer you would have had years of revenue from.

Square Enix got 6 years of revenue from me, for a game i didnt really like.

you guys have a game i love, but as hard as i worked for my name, you screw with that, i'll walk.

good job BW (no sarcasm).

I didn't expect you guys to allow xfer to the current high pop servers, and I thought that would have been a bad choice. It's good to see people being moved to the current high pop servers.

GG, now i have 45 mins of waitting time to enter the server i've chosen to start playing the game, when all servers were Medium populated and before everyone started rerolling on it.

Not paying to wait 45 mins.

BW should make people go away from very populated servers and actually balance them, not overpopulate....

Shame, such an awesome game being smashed by bad management.

Edited by Rikardus

Hello all, I have been a member of this forum for a few years before the game launched, Pre-ordered specifically so I could get the names I desired and have been consistently subbed since day one. I don't come on here and complain since it rarely does any good, hell I rarely post at all because there really was not much to say. Recently I was forced by real life to take about a months break from the game and even though I was not playing I still maintained my sub. I was aware that 1.3 was comming and had heard that the transfer option was also in the works but really had not paid it much mind.

So now I come back to the game and for 3 nights straight I have been completely alone on the imperial station of my current server. While I did not spend a lot of time playing with others prior to the transfers it was nice to be able to do a warzone now and then if I chose to. I have 1 level 50 out of 8 toons on the server and could easily spend a great deal of time leveling up my other toons right where I am but something tells me that Bioware is not going to continue funding this server just so I can play :) . So I looked into the destination server that they have ordained for me and every night since I have been back it is Very Heavy or Heavy population. I am on a 4 year old PC which freaked the heck out during the raghoul event and could only imagine what trying to play on a consistently full server would be like for me. On top of this issue, I also spent some time looking into my character names and of my 8 toons I would lose 6 of the names and my legacy name. I payed extra money for those names and would rather not lose them if at all possible.

Having said all this as my background my question is this...Has anything been said about what or when the next phase of this transition might be? I can't see myself shipping over to a server where I would lose my identity and my ability to play lagfree and for the full amount of time I have available (que time) when there might be a better option coming down the tubes.

I am fine with playing on my personal server for the time being inorder to possibly gain a way out later but if phase 2 requires me to pay more money to fix an issue that had nothing to do with me then I guess they can subtract my piddley little income from thier budget.

Thanks in advance for any info that you can provide.

just checked out the character transfer and I was able to transfer from one dead server to another dead server. That's a great decision to increase pop Bioware, but hey it's free.

Not sure if trolling, or hasn't checked what instance of fleet they're in.:rolleyes:

So now I come back to the game and for 3 nights straight I have been completely alone on the imperial station of my current server. While I did not spend a lot of time playing with others prior to the transfers it was nice to be able to do a warzone now and then if I chose to. I have 1 level 50 out of 8 toons on the server and could easily spend a great deal of time leveling up my other toons right where I am but something tells me that Bioware is not going to continue funding this server just so I can play :) . So I looked into the destination server that they have ordained for me and every night since I have been back it is Very Heavy or Heavy population. I am on a 4 year old PC which freaked the heck out during the raghoul event and could only imagine what trying to play on a consistently full server would be like for me. On top of this issue, I also spent some time looking into my character names and of my 8 toons I would lose 6 of the names and my legacy name. I payed extra money for those names and would rather not lose them if at all possible.

Having said all this as my background my question is this...Has anything been said about what or when the next phase of this transition might be? I can't see myself shipping over to a server where I would lose my identity and my ability to play lagfree and for the full amount of time I have available (que time) when there might be a better option coming down the tubes.

You paid extra money for something other than a standard version of the game - being able to pick names early was a perk of pre-registering, not paying more. Many people who pre-registered (myself included) had to rename characters when they transferred. It may not be fair, but it is what it is.

Odds are, if you lost 6 out of 8 names on your destination server, you'll lose a number of them on a server of your choice as well once that option is available. You might want to check the servers and see what server(s) you're able to reserve the majority of your names on, and transfer there when available. More than likely, this will be a paid transfer, though.

You paid extra money for something other than a standard version of the game - being able to pick names early was a perk of pre-registering, not paying more. Many people who pre-registered (myself included) had to rename characters when they transferred. It may not be fair, but it is what it is.

Odds are, if you lost 6 out of 8 names on your destination server, you'll lose a number of them on a server of your choice as well once that option is available. You might want to check the servers and see what server(s) you're able to reserve the majority of your names on, and transfer there when available. More than likely, this will be a paid transfer, though.

Technically, this is true that I payed for a special version of the game, but different people do things for different reasons. Me personally the only reason I payed the extra money to pre-order was for the ability to get in early and get my names. The free speeder was a good thing too.

I also agree that other servers may give me issues too, but it won't matter if they ask me to pay for it I will just be moving on. I am simply continuing to play my low level toons as if it is a single player game until such time as they announce what thier intent is with the dead servers. I am hoping they will throw the tiny servers together to make one low or medium server and keep those of us who are obviously more happy on light than heavy somewhat happy.

Really not sure if it has been posted yet probably has somewhere :). Would LOVE to see pvp/rpg to a PVE server transfer O.o namely Adjenta paul (spelling?) to Harrbinger ( just an example O.O "wink wink, nudge nudge) some of us were sort of asked to roll on server mades a couple of 50s and friends left ect and we knew what servers we Wanted to be on and made more 50s sigh :/.

Yes but you should not be keep sending ticket's in to them and they will end up banning you from your account ok, So do not do it again.:)

I lost you there. If they don't have this simple feature asap, then there can be a simple response of -sub.

Technically, this is true that I payed for a special version of the game, but different people do things for different reasons. Me personally the only reason I payed the extra money to pre-order was for the ability to get in early and get my names. The free speeder was a good thing too.

My point is that you didn't have to pay extra money to get early access. You only had to pay extra money if you wanted a version with all the bells and whistles. Granted, many of us who pre-ordered and lost names feel the same way as you do, but the version that was pre-ordered isn't part of the equation.

My point is that you didn't have to pay extra money to get early access. You only had to pay extra money if you wanted a version with all the bells and whistles. Granted, many of us who pre-ordered and lost names feel the same way as you do, but the version that was pre-ordered isn't part of the equation.

I don't believe there was any other way to get early access...but maybe I am mistaken.

I don't believe there was any other way to get early access...but maybe I am mistaken.

I pre-ordered the standard edition. Although I pre-ordered in September, so I don't know if it was available when you pre-ordered. I'm not trying to criticize you, btw. It's just less of a sting if the price you paid isn't part of the equation. :)

I lost 3 names (including my main) and my legacy. Wasn't happy about that, but I found some suitable alternatives, and figured that in the long run it'll all be forgotten. YMMV, of course. It really would be a good idea, though, to come up with some alternative names or find a server where most your names aren't taken, just in case you do transfer in the future.

Query: Will Australian servers EVER be added to this list? or is it going to be a case of "well we gave you local servers" as though that is answer enough. I for one want off my current server (friends where playing, followed them instead of sinking into the rp server. Friends proceed to quit) and the idea of starting over with Zero legacy or comfortable level 50 money is one I would rather keep playing WoW then endure.

and on an unrelated topic. Swtor runs like ***, this we know. But does US ping destroy the play experience for aussys? worst-case is I re-roll on an active rp server but if im looking at an unplayable mess then I will gladly sit and watch this game burn. if I can play wow at 300 ping with no severe problems Swtor had dammed well better be able to support the same

Are you going to offer character transfers from the Test server to our main server? I played a new class on the test server up to lvl 20 and would love to keep playing her on my live server. Thanks!

Nepharia

Edited by Nepharia

Hi Bioware,

Thanks for the free transfers its all well and good to get pop back up on those low pop servers. I however am still waiting to be able to transfer my characters to the Pacific servers. As you are aware you set a create date limit for when characters could transfer and 2 of my alts did not qualify. Being that I have not been playing end game (maily because it barely exists) I am getting sick of not being able to play with my friends.

When will you allow me to transfer my characters to the pacific servers? Its becoming a joke! I want to play with my friends in my region and I am sick of playing by my self! Let me put all my characters on the one god dam server!

But when i try to move one they are all full so do you know another way on how to move it or not.:)

The only way to move them is through the Character Transfers option on your My Account page. If you're getting an error, you should contact customer service. There's a link to the customer service support form here (just before the general questions section). Hope that helps.

The only way to move them is through the Character Transfers option on your My Account page. If you're getting an error, you should contact customer service. There's a link to the customer service support form here (just before the general questions section). Hope that helps.

Thank you for your wonderful help MadBlue.

Really Bioware please... I just subscribed again to play this amazing game also to check all the new stuff in 1.3 patch . Its amazing that you are letting us transfer characters to one especific server but I'm sure that many ppl have character in different servers (pvp and pve) Let us transfer from PvP to PvE or viceversa please! or Make a Paid Transfer system so I can play with all my chars in one server. Please! <.<