Suggested balance changes

there are things id like to see changed/fixed/added to improve Commando.

*updated as of 7/30*

Trooper

- Explosive Round ammo cost has been reduced to 16, from 25

- Mortar Volley has had its radius increased to 8m (up from 5m)

- Adrenaline Rush has had its cooldown reduced to 120s (down from 180s)

- Increase the damage done by Plasma Cell by 100% (undo the 50% nerf from 2.0 that was 100% unnecessary)

Commando

- Cyro Grenade has had its ranged increased to 30m (Commando only)

- Concussive Round is now a 1.5s cast

- Tech Override has had its cooldown reduced to 60s (down from 120s)

- Reserve Powercell has had its cooldown reduced to 60s (down from 120s)

- Plasma Grenade has had its ammo cost reduce to 16 (from 33)

Gunnery

- Special Munitions now lowers the cost of Grav Round by 2 ammo per point, up from 1

- Deadly Cannon -> add the following to the existing effect: "In addition, Demo Round has a 50/100% chance to crit on targets whose health is <30%"

- Cover Fire -> replace with the following effect: "Full Auto has a 50/100% chance to slow the target by 50% and prevent the use of high mobility actions" (full auto applies the electronet effect w/out the DoT, instead of a straight up slow)

Assault

- Sweltering Heat -> increase slow to 50% (up from 30%)

- Parallactic Combat Stims -> change to following effect: "You have a 50/100% chance to recharge 8 ammo for every 1.5s when stunned, immobilzied, etc."

- Nightvision Scope ->"Increase stealth detection by 1/2, ranged and melee defense by 1/2, reduce the cooldown of Stealth Scan by 2.5/5s, and increase the radius of Stealth Scan by 2.5/5m

- Hyper Assault Rounds -> remove the ammo reduction of Explosive Round (now 16 by default); Triggers Plasma Cell on all targets hit by Explosive Round.

- Assault Trooper -> add Plasma Grenade to this effect (15/30% crit multiplier bonus)

- Degauss -> remove and prevent all movement impairing effects (roots/slows) for 6s

- Rapid Recharge -> add following effect: "Reserve Powercell has a 50/100% chance to reset the cooldown on Plasma Grenade and makes the next Plasma Grenade activate instantly

-Reflexive Battery -> add the following effect: Taking damage reduces the active cooldown of Hold the Line by 0.5/1s. Effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5s.

- Assault Plastique -> replace with the following: "Throws a moldable plastic explosive that sticks to the target and detonates after several seconds, exploding for xxx-xxx kinetic damage (high damage, like before 2.0). Standard and weak enemies enter a state of panic when the explosive attaches and are knocked down when it detonates. After it detonates, the target is demoralized and unable to benefit from the effects of Guard for 6s.

Combat Medic

- Field Training -> changed to the following: "Increases ranged/tech critical chance by 2/4/6%"

- Supercharge cells -> Now restores 16 energy cells (up from 8)

- Field Medicine -> add following effect: "Healing an ally with Hammershot now has a 100% chance to heal you for 25/50% of your bonus healing and recharge 1/2 energy cells"

- Field Triage -> add following effect: "Advanced Medical Probe has a 33/66/100% chance to make the next Medical Probe immune to interrupts. This effect cannot occur more than once every 12s"

- Treated Wound Dressings -> add following effect: "Emergency Medical Probe has a 50/100% chance to activate instantly"

- Med Zone -> add following effect: "In addition, critical results with healing effects reduce the active cooldown of Reactive Shield by 3s. This effect cannot occur more than once every 6s"

- Armor Screen -> change to following effect: "Preventative Medicine now also increases damage reduction by 5% while active"

- *Swap Probe Medic and Frontline Medic talent box positions*

- Probe Medic -> change to the following effect: "Increases the healing done by Trauma Probe by 5/10/15 percent, increases its upper limit by 1/2/3, and reduces its rate limit by .33/.67/1.00 seconds. In addition, healing from Trauma Probe has a 33/67/100 percent chance to grant Rapid Bacta Deployment, which reduces the cooldown of your next Bacta Infusion by 100%. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds."

- Frontline Medic -> change to the following effect: "Increases the number of Trauma Probes that can be deployed at one time by 1/2. Also increases the maximum stack limit of Rapid Bacta Deployment by 1/2."

- Bacta Infusion -> change to following effect: "Heals a friendly target for <current weapon>. Using Bacta Infusion does not require Rapid Bacta Deployment, but will consume 1 stack whenever possible. When all stacks of Rapid Bacta Deployment are consumed, this ability goes on cooldown for 21 seconds"

Edited by cashogy_reborn

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trooper

- Adrenaline Rush has had its cooldown reduced to 120s (down from 180s) I would prefer to see AR completely reworked. It's pretty awful

- Increase the damage done by Plasma Cell by 100% (undo the 50% nerf from 2.0 that was 100% unnecessary)

Commando

- Concussive Round is now a 1.5s cast, and will affect up to 5 targets Cast time yes, but there isn't a 60second mez in the game that's AoE. This would be pretty Imbalanced

-Plasma Grenade has had its ammo cost reduced to 16 from 33

Gunnery

- Deadly Cannon -> add the following to the existing effect: "In addition, Demo Round has a 50/100% chance to crit on targets whose health is <30%"

- Cover Fire -> replace with the following effect: "Full Auto has a 50/100% chance to slow the target by 50% and prevent the use of high mobility actions" (full auto applies the electronet effect w/out the DoT, instead of a straight up slow)

-Special Munitions now lowers the cost of Grav Round by 2 ammo per point, up from 1

Assault

- Parallactic Combat Stims -> change to following effect: "You have a 50/100% chance to recharge 8 ammo for every 1.5s when stunned, immobilzied, etc."

- Nightvision Scope ->"Increase stealth detection by 1/2, ranged and melee defense by 1/2, reduce the cooldown of Stealth Scan by 2.5/5s, and increase the radius of Stealth Scan by 2.5/5m

- Hyper Assault Rounds -> remove the ammo reduction of Explosive Round (now 16 by default); Triggers Plasma Cell on all targets hit by Explosive Round.

- Assault Trooper -> add Plasma Grenade to this effect (15/30% crit multiplier bonus)

- Degauss -> remove and prevent all movement impairing effects (roots/slows) for 6s

- Rapid Recharge -> add following effect: "Reserve Powercell has a 50/100% chance to reset the cooldown on Plasma Grenade and reduce the cost of the next Plasma Grenade by 9. Minus the cost reduction based on my change above

-Reflexive Battery -> add the following effect: Taking damage reduces the active cooldown of Hold the Line by 0.5/1s. Effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5s.

- Assault Plastique -> replace with the following: "Throws a moldable plastic explosive that sticks to the target and detonates after several seconds, exploding for xxx-xxx kinetic damage (high damage, like before 2.0). Standard and weak enemies enter a state of panic when the explosive attaches and are knocked down when it detonates. After it detonates, the target is demoralized and unable to benefit from the effects of Guard for 6s.

Combat Medic

- Field Training -> changed to the following: "Increases ranged/tech critical chance by 2/4/6%"

- Field Triage -> add following effect: "Advanced Medical Probe has a 33/66/100% chance to make the next Medical Probe activate instantly"

- Treated Wound Dressings -> add following effect: "Emergency Medical Probe has a 50/100% chance to activate instantly"

- Med Zone -> add following effect: "In addition, critical results with healing effects reduce the active cooldown of Reactive Shield by 3s. This effect cannot occur more than once every 6s"

- Armor Screen -> change to following effect: "Preventative Medicine now also increases damage reduction by 5% while active"

- Frontline Medic -> change to the following effect: "Increases the number of Trauma Probes that can be deployed at once by 1/2. In addition, healing an ally with Hammershot has a 50/100% chance to heal you for 25/50% of your tech bonus healing and recharge 1/2 energy cells.

My comments in red.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

My comments in red.

Snipers Flashbang is a 60s cooldown (45s when talented in engi spec) and is an instant, AOE mez.

agree with your other comments tho.

im not entirely sure what AR should become. the HoT was in general pretty suck, and now it just totally blows.

i had a thought to change it to an offensive bonus ability, but its linked to VG and Mando so it complicates things. it seems like it is supposed to be an "oh shi*" button, but im not entirely sure what would be a good design fit for Trooper overall.

maybe if you drop <30% health you are auto-healed to 50% in one big heal? and have it function the same way it does now (can activate pre-emptively, cd doesnt start til it goes off)

Love the suggestions. I'd also like to see CM have some way to reduce the cooldown of kolto bomb.

As for AR -

maybe if you drop <30% health you are auto-healed to 50% in one big heal? and have it function the same way it does now (can activate pre-emptively, cd doesnt start til it goes off)

Yes, the two main problems with it are that it is actually pretty slow to heal (that big stream of small numbers looks great, but the HPS isn't wonderful, and is fairly trivial for a good DPS to burst through), and the end result is still in execute range. Anything which addresses those problems would be helpful.

Love the suggestions. I'd also like to see CM have some way to reduce the cooldown of kolto bomb.

As for AR -

Yes, the two main problems with it are that it is actually pretty slow to heal (that big stream of small numbers looks great, but the HPS isn't wonderful, and is fairly trivial for a good DPS to burst through), and the end result is still in execute range. Anything which addresses those problems would be helpful.

idk, kolto bomb already has a 5s cooldown, and with the 3s HoT it only has 2s downtime. could possibly use some tweaking tho.

i made changes to the Op based on what Archangel suggested

idk, kolto bomb already has a 5s cooldown, and with the 3s HoT it only has 2s downtime. could possibly use some tweaking tho.

i made changes to the Op based on what Archangel suggested

As always, I'm looking at it from a PvP perspective, where not everyone is grouped together in a nice tight clump :D

Sometimes you have 2 or even 3 clusters that could benefit from KB, and it would be nice to have the hot ticking on everyone.

Snipers Flashbang is a 60s cooldown (45s when talented in engi spec) and is an instant, AOE mez.

agree with your other comments tho.

im not entirely sure what AR should become. the HoT was in general pretty suck, and now it just totally blows.

i had a thought to change it to an offensive bonus ability, but its linked to VG and Mando so it complicates things. it seems like it is supposed to be an "oh shi*" button, but im not entirely sure what would be a good design fit for Trooper overall.

Flashbang is an AoE 8 second mez yes. Concussion Round would be an AoE 60 second mez though. This is important actually in PVE trash pulls, and even the odd boss fight (oolok the shadow in particular) where having one person able to CC all the Underworld Arms Traders at once every minute would completely cheese that mechanic. Flashbang doesn't let you do that. Perhaps a completely different effect in PVP, and maybe since the actual biggest application would be in trash pulls it doesn't matter, but right now an AoE 60 second mez doesn't exist in this game.

I mentioned this in one of my massive walls of texts in the other thread, but I think the only change to AR is lowering the cooldown to 2 minutes, and remove the 30% health limit. Make it give you an immediate super hot that triggers on activation and just keeps going for a full 8 seconds. Then change the current VG talent to something else. Immediately it becomes a super useful oh crap button in both PVE and PVP.

Oh and of course I forgot my new pet suggestion:

Trooper:

-Battle Focus has been made a level 50 ability available to all troopers.

I'd also like to consider having curtain of fire cut FA cost in half and/or halve its channel time (with same damage), but honestly I'd be interested to see what a 13 Ammo Grav Round would do for our ammo management (15 ammo saved in a typical HiB cycle is likely to be a huge improvement all on its own). Don't forget to add that change to special munitions =P

Edited by ArchangelLBC

Does anyone think we'll see any changes as a result of the class rep thing?

My understanding is that it is merely a vehicle for asking questions and seeking clarification on intent and mechanics. It won't hurt to try, but I suspect people are going to be disappointed.

My understanding is that it is merely a vehicle for asking questions and seeking clarification on intent and mechanics. It won't hurt to try, but I suspect people are going to be disappointed.

yea i doubt that we will see any significant changes made based on the class rep thing. but 2.4 is coming up, and seems like as good a time as any for a balance pass seeing as Arenas and improved RWZ are coming (supposedly).

Flashbang is an AoE 8 second mez yes. Concussion Round would be an AoE 60 second mez though. This is important actually in PVE trash pulls, and even the odd boss fight (oolok the shadow in particular) where having one person able to CC all the Underworld Arms Traders at once every minute would completely cheese that mechanic. Flashbang doesn't let you do that. Perhaps a completely different effect in PVP, and maybe since the actual biggest application would be in trash pulls it doesn't matter, but right now an AoE 60 second mez doesn't exist in this game.

mental lapse and totally forgot that concussive round was 60s in PvE. and i was using it today even lol

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Oh I dunno that I expect much, but frankly there will probably never be a more opportune time to ask and know they have no choice but to address us even if it's just to tell us no.

I honestly don't expect much of anything except an on the record statement that amounts to "yeah commando is broken and we don't care" but hey you never know, and we'll never get positive changes if we don't ask. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, even if you have to wait for a year.

I really like some of the changes you suggested for combat medic and some of our defensive abilities, just to add to that, what I said in my previous post about a stead fast ability when after 2 medical probes you build for focus/concentration and reduce pushback on heals by a further 30% making your healing pushback reduction now 100%, because being a turret class you won't end up being that mobile and you will be taking allot of hits that can reduce medical probe activation by a good 0.2-0.5 seconds and thats annoying >.>! Not sure how the balance would go with a instant medical probe after a advanced medical probe though, something make the think rage/focus juggernauts/guardians will come crying to the forums that commando gets and instant 7-8k heal every 7.5seconds! Although I would say tough to them, they have been OP since launch and still are they can't have no right to ask nerfs to a combat medic who has been real crap since 1.2!

Oh and a talent in the tree of combat medic give like +15% surge to all heals, maybe +20% or +25% would be nice as commando stack allot of alacrity!

My hope is the devs actually read this thread and do something about commandos, because 10 major patches since our nerf and people saying buff commando again really is just ridiculous, and this is the one class they know needs the buffs, I mean we have put it right infront of their eyes!

Edited by Aliensorigin

Combat Medic

- Field Triage -> add following effect: "Advanced Medical Probe has a 33/66/100% chance to make the next Medical Probe activate instantly"

- Frontline Medic -> change to the following effect: "Increases the number of Trauma Probes that can be deployed at once by 1/2. In addition, healing an ally with Hammershot has a 50/100% chance to heal you for 25/50% of your tech bonus healing and recharge 1/2 energy cells.

Damn it Cash, why can't you work for Bioware?

A few things I'd say about it:

•  
  • The change to Field Triage is probably overboard, since Medical Probe would essentially become immune to interruption because it will almost always be instant. There would be a short period between Supercharges where it would be open to interruption, and that window could be closed further with Tech Override and Reactive Shield. As it stands now, it is possible to end your Supercharge with 12 charges if you do this..

Hammershot (so it finishes after Supercharge) -> Medical Probe -> Hammershot.

With this change to Field Triage, if you did...

AMP (while Supercharged) -> Hammershot (so that it finishes after Supercharge) -> Medical Probe -> Hammershot

...you'd have those 12 charges, that Medical Probe would be instant, and Advanced Medical Probe would be off cooldown (because it was used during Supercharge). Now you can go immediately into AMP and if it isn't interrupted, you can build another uninterrupted 12 charges for total of 24 (and no Field Triage). Then you are 1 casted Medical Probe or 2 Hammershots from Supercharge. This is the only window of opportunity an attacker has to interrupt Medical Probe, and the Combat Medic can shut it whenever they want by using 2 Hammershots or a cooldown (Tech Override/Reactive Shield). The window is always shut at 27 charges (24 charges if they have Field Triage active).

There are some interesting effects of this, however. It would add a lot more value in interrupting Advanced Medical Probe. People may stack more alacrity to make AMP even harder to interrupt (its usually on 1.3 to 1.4 second channel presently). It would make CCing a Commando during their Supercharge a necessity.

It would also give Commandos a 3rd way of doing burst healing on a short cooldown, which would be AMP -> MP (which could easily do 15k healing in the span of 1 GCD, not considering the HoT or damage reduction from Preventive Medicine).

• I love the change to Treated Wound Dressings, but something slightly different may be in order. Tech Override should be usable on Emergency Medical Probe either globally or through this (or another) talent. Then, Treated Wound Dressings should apply some sort of defensive buff to the revived player. Perhaps something like the Sage's bubble that pops after a certain amount of damage, a large healing received buff on a short timer, or better yet, the revived player starts at 50% of their maximum HP rather than 25%. Bonus points if the buff is called Don't Die on Me.

• The change to Frontline Medic is great, only small change I'd make is give it a 100% chance to heal 25%/50% of your tech bonus healing.

• I would also make one change to Kolto Residue, which is that the 50% slow it applies to enemies refreshes with each tick of Kolto Pods. This isn't something that is in the tooltip; as it stands Kolto Pods refreshes your healing received buff (also from Kolto Residue) and Charged Barrier. The slow isn't, however. This would enable 100% uptime on the slow and give Combat Medics a way of controlling attackers.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

i know we are only getting 3 questions and i hope they are not buff our damage and make our ammo better... commandos really need utility skills that has always been the big problem with commandos since the launch of the game. so whoever is chosen as the representative plus dont just be like yeah we need a damage buff. that will never be permanent help for the classes future Edited by stockwizzle

i know we are only getting 3 questions and i hope they are not buff our damage and make our ammo better... commandos really need utility skills that has always been the big problem with commandos since the launch of the game. so whoever is chosen as the representative plus dont just be like yeah we need a damage buff. that will never be permanent help for the classes future

Ammo management and an offensive cooldown do help utility though. Less strained ammo management means you can toss off those kolto bombs without strain. Offensive cooldowns that do something like improve crit rate or alacrity affect healing as well.

Honestly I haven't found as many utility problems since 2.0. What are your suggestions? Saying "we need more utility" is one thing, if you aren't specific though they'll do something stupid like giving us a root, but attaching it to a melee ranged ability.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

utility like giving us a reduced healing received debuff or even better things like an aoe stun, friendly pull, aoe shield... things of this sort of nature that will make our class essential to have in group where we are not really needed at all right now

ammo management is more of a pve thing cuz you can just sit there and cast non-stop so it doesn't really help both sides of everything it is very rare in pvp that you can just sit there and free cast and in the top most ranked pvp you will never be able to do that.. i myself never have a problem throwing out kolto bomb it is always on CD for me which it should b for any commando

Damn it Cash, why can't you work for Bioware?

A few things I'd say about it:

•  
  • The change to Field Triage is probably overboard, since Medical Probe would essentially become immune to interruption because it will almost always be instant. There would be a short period between Supercharges where it would be open to interruption, and that window could be closed further with Tech Override and Reactive Shield. As it stands now, it is possible to end your Supercharge with 12 charges if you do this..

Hammershot (so it finishes after Supercharge) -> Medical Probe -> Hammershot.

With this change to Field Triage, if you did...

AMP (while Supercharged) -> Hammershot (so that it finishes after Supercharge) -> Medical Probe -> Hammershot

...you'd have those 12 charges, that Medical Probe would be instant, and Advanced Medical Probe would be off cooldown (because it was used during Supercharge). Now you can go immediately into AMP and if it isn't interrupted, you can build another uninterrupted 12 charges for total of 24 (and no Field Triage). Then you are 1 casted Medical Probe or 2 Hammershots from Supercharge. This is the only window of opportunity an attacker has to interrupt Medical Probe, and the Combat Medic can shut it whenever they want by using 2 Hammershots or a cooldown (Tech Override/Reactive Shield). The window is always shut at 27 charges (24 charges if they have Field Triage active).

There are some interesting effects of this, however. It would add a lot more value in interrupting Advanced Medical Probe. People may stack more alacrity to make AMP even harder to interrupt (its usually on 1.3 to 1.4 second channel presently). It would make CCing a Commando during their Supercharge a necessity.

It would also give Commandos a 3rd way of doing burst healing on a short cooldown, which would be AMP -> MP (which could easily do 15k healing in the span of 1 GCD, not considering the HoT or damage reduction from Preventive Medicine).

• I love the change to Treated Wound Dressings, but something slightly different may be in order. Tech Override should be usable on Emergency Medical Probe either globally or through this (or another) talent. Then, Treated Wound Dressings should apply some sort of defensive buff to the revived player. Perhaps something like the Sage's bubble that pops after a certain amount of damage, a large healing received buff on a short timer, or better yet, the revived player starts at 50% of their maximum HP rather than 25%. Bonus points if the buff is called Don't Die on Me.

• The change to Frontline Medic is great, only small change I'd make is give it a 100% chance to heal 25%/50% of your tech bonus healing.

• I would also make one change to Kolto Residue, which is that the 50% slow it applies to enemies refreshes with each tick of Kolto Pods. This isn't something that is in the tooltip; as it stands Kolto Pods refreshes your healing received buff (also from Kolto Residue) and Charged Barrier. The slow isn't, however. This would enable 100% uptime on the slow and give Combat Medics a way of controlling attackers.

you make some good points about field triage. what if an internal cooldown was added? something like this: "This effect cannot occur more than once every 12s". im gonna add that to the OP i think.

i always forget that EMP doenst work w/ TO. it should be made to as a baseline, it is a casted ability after all.

the frontline medic chance i proposed has a 100% chance w/ 2 points (1 pt gives you 50%, but who would leave 1 pt in there?)

the kolto pods is also something i like.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

I play Assault and basically only PvP so I will not comment on other things:

1 - I would like to see Deguass changed to have it do the following: Diversion (50/100%) to reset the Cooldown on Hold the Line.

2 - I would like to see Steadied Aim and Weapon Calibrations swap trees.

3 - Paralytic Combat Stims is essentially useless to me in its current form. If I am under heavy attack, I am not likely running out of ammo. I run out of ammo when I am NOT being attacked and I do a burst. I don't see a good rework as Cell Capacitor is much better for me (even though I don't use it). Maybe replace with a 15/30 second reduction on reactive shield.

4 - I don't want to replace the DoT from Assault Plastique. What I would like is a 10% buff to the explosion damage + a 10% buff to the DoT damage if the target has Sticky Grenade on them.

5 - Give Superheated Plasma an additional feature that it stretches the time on Plasma Cell.

6 - Up the snare on sweltering heat to 50%. Alternatively, give me a way to lower the cooldown of electronet

utility like giving us a reduced healing received debuff or even better things like an aoe stun, friendly pull, aoe shield... things of this sort of nature that will make our class essential to have in group where we are not really needed at all right now

ammo management is more of a pve thing cuz you can just sit there and cast non-stop so it doesn't really help both sides of everything it is very rare in pvp that you can just sit there and free cast and in the top most ranked pvp you will never be able to do that.. i myself never have a problem throwing out kolto bomb it is always on CD for me which it should b for any commando

Trauma debuff is something which is exclusively the purview of the two pure DPS classes. You want something other classes have which is unique, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I would argue that what you really want is electronet on a shorter cooldown, or something exactly like what Cash suggested for cover fire which was to have it apply the Electronet effect of preventing stealth/leaps/escapes. That's a unique and useful utility whose only problem currently for us is the absurd cooldown attached. I actually like Cash's suggestion quite a lot actually and it would turn the slow from Cover Fire from "pretty lame" to "pretty awesome".

Perhaps ammo is more of a PVE concern (though I've certainly run dry before, admittedly more in regs than not, but still), but then I'd argue that utility is more of a PVP concern. Again though you'll note that Cash's suggestion does give a huge boost to utility for gunnery. Replace Soldier's Endurance with cover fire in the Assault tree so everyone can have it and suddenly you've given all commandos a great utility tool that has no effect whatsoever on PVE damage which is exactly the kind of change for PVP you SHOULD make.

I play Assault and basically only PvP so I will not comment on other things:

1 - I would like to see Deguass changed to have it do the following: Diversion (50/100%) to reset the Cooldown on Hold the Line.

2 - I would like to see Steadied Aim and Weapon Calibrations swap trees.

3 - Paralytic Combat Stims is essentially useless to me in its current form. If I am under heavy attack, I am not likely running out of ammo. I run out of ammo when I am NOT being attacked and I do a burst. I don't see a good rework as Cell Capacitor is much better for me (even though I don't use it). Maybe replace with a 15/30 second reduction on reactive shield.

4 - I don't want to replace the DoT from Assault Plastique. What I would like is a 10% buff to the explosion damage + a 10% buff to the DoT damage if the target has Sticky Grenade on them.

5 - Give Superheated Plasma an additional feature that it stretches the time on Plasma Cell.

6 - Up the snare on sweltering heat to 50%. Alternatively, give me a way to lower the cooldown of electronet

I'm not sure I functionally understand the point in swapping weapon callibrations with steadied aim outside the fact that if you put it in assault it better still keep the buff for grav round too. Otherwise it wouldn't really affect me so I don't care either way. I also think AP needs a much larger buff than simply 10% damage buff. I kind like Cash's utility suggestion over the DoT in PVP, though I could see keeping both so it's still good in PVE. Either way the ability needs a major reworking.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

regarding AP's damage, i would prefer to have it returned to being a single, high damage attack. right now it does a total of 6-8k damage, which is what i was doing with it on PTS before the assault nerf.

having it apply all the damage in a single attack has minimal effect on PvE, but has a big impact on PvP by improvin burst.

Trooper

This is good, I never understood why BW thinks Explosive Round is so amazing that it deserves such a high ammo cost.

Good change, I believe this removes a completely unnecessary radius nerf from early on in the game.

- Adrenaline Rush has had its cooldown reduced to 120s (down from 180s)

YES.

Commando

Never should've been reduced.

- Concussive Round is now a 1.5s cast

Both the TO and RP changes are needed imo. When we get a class rep, the subject of our stupidly long CD's should be the "general" question.

- Plasma Grenade has had its ammo cost reduce to 16 (from 33)

This is actually a pretty good change for one reason: I only use Plasma Grenade with RP, which is a shame since PG doesn't have a very long CD and is an excellent AoE ability. If you know what you're doing, we can put out the most bursty AoE damage out of all the classes. Engi may rule sustained AoE, but you can't beat the burst AoE of Sticky Grenade > Plasma Grenade > Mortar Volley

Gunnery

A sort of execute for Gunnery! Perfect

- Cover Fire -> replace with the following effect: "Full Auto has a 50/100% chance to slow the target by 50% and prevent the use of high mobility actions" (full auto applies the electronet effect w/out the DoT, instead of a straight up slow)This is... brilliant, honestly. Usually if I have a melee on me, I'll knockback > Full Auto to slow them, but if their leap is off CD they can just jump right back and make the slow completely pointless, along with interrupting my damage. So this would stop them from leaping (or rolling) back. I also like how it plays off our AX unique Hinder debuff.

Assault

Ooo, this should be good /popcorn

Nerf to PT's effecting Mercs #1

I always thought the fire-inspired spec lacked buffs to the AoE FIRE ability

- Rapid Recharge -> add following effect: "Reserve Powercell has a 50/100% chance to reset the cooldown on Plasma Grenade and makes the next Plasma Grenade activate instantly

Synergy? In a skill tree? What are you kidding?! /sarcasm

A good replacement for the loss of the Energy Shield talent

Good, I missed the old Assault Plastique. But I think this would be a good chance to synergize Incendiary Round with the rest of the tree. What if the detenation of AP cause the rest of IR's damage to be dealt at once? This makes us a bit less vulnerable to having IR cleansed, and makes IR worth it's ammo. It also benefits the PvE crowd since they can cram in more damage with IR > AP (detenation, IR consumed) > IR.

Combat Medic

I don't heal much, I should though

- Field Triage -> add following effect: "Advanced Medical Probe has a 33/66/100% chance to make the next Medical Probe activate instantly. This effect cannot occur more than once every 12s"

My comments in red.

Trauma debuff is something which is exclusively the purview of the two pure DPS classes. You want something other classes have which is unique, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I would argue that what you really want is electronet on a shorter cooldown, or something exactly like what Cash suggested for cover fire which was to have it apply the Electronet effect of preventing stealth/leaps/escapes. That's a unique and useful utility whose only problem currently for us is the absurd cooldown attached. I actually like Cash's suggestion quite a lot actually and it would turn the slow from Cover Fire from "pretty lame" to "pretty awesome".

Perhaps ammo is more of a PVE concern (though I've certainly run dry before, admittedly more in regs than not, but still), but then I'd argue that utility is more of a PVP concern. Again though you'll note that Cash's suggestion does give a huge boost to utility for gunnery. Replace Soldier's Endurance with cover fire in the Assault tree so everyone can have it and suddenly you've given all commandos a great utility tool that has no effect whatsoever on PVE damage which is exactly the kind of change for PVP you SHOULD make.

I'm not sure I functionally understand the point in swapping weapon callibrations with steadied aim outside the fact that if you put it in assault it better still keep the buff for grav round too. Otherwise it wouldn't really affect me so I don't care either way. I also think AP needs a much larger buff than simply 10% damage buff. I kind like Cash's utility suggestion over the DoT in PVP, though I could see keeping both so it's still good in PVE. Either way the ability needs a major reworking.

1 - The point of swapping is that today I basically take the 2 points with Alacrity because it is better than 2% Endurance, but Alacrity has little to do with a DoT spec. I do take the anti-pushback because I use both Full Auto and Charged Bolts extensively. Basically, it would give me two points back that are not a waste. Right now, I take all 3 Tier 1 talents in the Gunnery Tree.

2 - I prefer to keep the DoT. The reason is 2 fold. First, I like the DoTs because it makes it hard to revanish. Now, you can argue that other DoTs work just fine. Plasma Cell is too short really and Incendiary Round is EXPENSIVE. I tend not to use it unless I am going for a kill or I need an instant with some pop. Now the real reason I want to keep the DoT is the synergy with Burnout. That is how I kill healers. If I can work them to 30%, they basically have to stand still and max heal. If I have done things right and they don't have a helper, I own them. It is not as pretty as the big up front damage as Gunnery, but its sneaky and it works.

I think that this is the point that people underestimate Assault with...it works really well to finish people off.

My comments in red.

glad you like most of it! :D

assault plastique is going to be a big discussion topic coming up i think. its arguably the worst 36pt talent in the game right now. the anti-guard thing was actually Maniac's idea, i co-opted it a bit.

personally, im a fan of the pre 2.0 version. on PTS before the last iteration of 2.0 (with the huge nerf), i was able to hit upwards of 8k with it. the first WZ i did in assault i put up 1mil. it was glorious, and the burst damage was equal to gunny. then bioware ruined all our fun.

i just want my burst back. i was incredibly pissed when they nerfed assault.

I think that this is the point that people underestimate Assault with...it works really well to finish people off.

until someone remembers they have a cleanse, and there goes a large portion of your damage.

glad you like most of it! :D

assault plastique is going to be a big discussion topic coming up i think. its arguably the worst 36pt talent in the game right now. the anti-guard thing was actually Maniac's idea, i co-opted it a bit.

personally, im a fan of the pre 2.0 version. on PTS before the last iteration of 2.0 (with the huge nerf), i was able to hit upwards of 8k with it. the first WZ i did in assault i put up 1mil. it was glorious, and the burst damage was equal to gunny. then bioware ruined all our fun.

i just want my burst back. i was incredibly pissed when they nerfed assault

Oh I agree, the pre 2.0 Assault Plastique was amazing for burst, and I wrecked fools in one one rotation if I got lucky with crits, I was just trying to think of a way to make Incendiary Round more useful. But Assault/Pyro Mandos/Mercs required more skill than our PT cousins, and we got (RIDICULOUSLY) caught in the nerf-bat crossfire (again). The day Assault was nerfed on the PTS was a sad day indeed.