Lost island HM, lol seriously Bioware?

Ok for once an flashpoint that is challenging.

But the thing that bothers me is this.

First boss is hard but challenging, with a full rakata group me as BH healer and 2 BH dps we got him seconds in enrage after a few try's

But then ... he drops Columi ...

Second boss.

Again Challenging .. after a few try's we had him a few seconds in enrage.

And he drops ... Columi ..

Last boss ... By now we are 3 and a half hour inside the flashpoint.

This boss requires so much coordination that it requires a group to be trained in moving instanly togheter.

He drops a rakata chest.

Which we all 4 already had ... so after 3 wipes we gave up.

To much dmg for me as a BH healer to heal.

I need better gear ...

My pro tip for today .. !

Do EV Nightmare, its easier, requires less time and rewards more.

For me lost island seems like a fail attempt from Bioware to deliver challenging content.

Bosses should drop better for Lost island to be worth the 3 / 4 hours in there.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night my group went into Lost Island HM for the first time. We expected some slight challenge but knew that with our gear we would make it through ok. As happy as we were to have somewhere new to go, we were very dissapointed in the gear that decided to drop.

First boss:

Took a little bit of time to figure out that it is not melee friendly. Luckly we were a group comprised of mostly ranged aside for me, the Jugg tank. All went well upon our kill until we found that he was dropping gear well below his difficulty level. Still, we pressed on.

Second boss:

Took us no time at all to realize he was going to push us off the platform so we just thought about it for a bit and then killed him. Again, he dropped some gear that was worthless to anyone geared enough to run that flashpoint.

Last Boss:

Although challenging, it was only our second attempt that we realized we were going to two shot this new menace. We were lucky enough to get a nice piece of Rakata gear along with a Columi weapon.

I am not upset with the addition of this flashpoint at all. It will give me something else to do once in awhile. The story line is great and I really enjoy where this is going. I would enjoy it even more to find that the story continues in further patches.

Now, here is the bad that I see. As I mentioned, the gear that dropped was gear that was not needed by my group. I fully understand that with a fully geared ops group we are not likely to see anything that we need for our current spec. However, we realized that even with our high gear level and skill, we were having a hard time trying to acquire something that we would have little use for.

Isn't the point of a Flashpoint to allow you to gain better gear to make things easier in the future? Would it be wise to maybe head into this flashpoint with your Tionese gear? Not at all. At this point you would need to be full Rakata with slight Columi in order to even attempt this place.

I am in no way saying that this place needs to be nerfed. If anything, make the challenge and gear drops greater. Columi with a touch of Rakata is not going to cut it in there.

On a side note, one of the mini-bosses dropped some of that legacy gear, now that was a good idea and I hope to see more of it.

While I absolutely love the fact that they are adding actual challenging content now, I do completely agree that the loot should reflect that. It makes no sense to drop Columi in there when it requires at least full Columi to run it.

First boss is hard but challenging, with a full rakata group me as BH healer and 2 BH dps we got him seconds in enrage after a few try's

Second boss.

This boss requires so much coordination that it requires a group to be trained in moving instanly togheter.

He drops a rakata chest.

I need better gear ...

For me lost island seems like a fail attempt from Bioware to deliver challenging content.

Someone is complaining about Columi drops on every boss in a FP?:confused:

Sorry it isn't easy enough for you to master.

Second boss.

He drops a rakata chest.

I need better gear ...

I really hate to say this, but it sounds like personal failure. If you are as well geared as you claim, then you're on a similar playing field as we are. We just breezed through this flashpoint on hard mode with a commando (BH to you) healer and he never had any problems whatsoever. We also one shot the last boss, having never done it on hard mode before. It's not very hard to stay out of circles on the ground, honestly. Lost Island is a great flashpoint, imho. And seeing as this patch was the "tier 2" patch, it makes sense for it to be more difficult. The rewards (rakata for a flashpoint?) reflect that.

ok people, how about a little perspective?

You're whining about a flashpoint that drops THREE pieces of Columi gear, a Rakata piece, and possible mounts/pets....

Lets not forget that every previous hard mode flashpoint has dropped ONE piece of Columi. one.

This flashpoint literally SHOWERS you with loot. I, for one, am glad you have to work a little bit to get it.

It's stupid imho, if all but last boss drop Columi gear, then it should be able to be cleared with almost everyone in Tionese gear. People having problems on some bosses in almost full Rakata gear is just crazy. Sure make the places harder but for the love of god stop using gear check to do it.

Not only is it lazy on Bio's part, it's also no fun at all spending 3 hours as some have claimed, and alot of credits to clear a fp.

Someone is complaining about Columi drops on every boss in a FP?:confused:

Sorry it isn't easy enough for you to master.

The point is you need a close to full rakata group to do it.

We where all 4 full rakata or close to it.

That makes no sence, there is no reward to complete the instance.

Doing a KP NiM is easier.

I really hate to say this, but it sounds like personal failure. If you are as well geared as you claim, then you're on a similar playing field as we are. We just breezed through this flashpoint on hard mode with a commando (BH to you) healer and he never had any problems whatsoever. We also one shot the last boss, having never done it on hard mode before. It's not very hard to stay out of circles on the ground, honestly. Lost Island is a great flashpoint, imho. And seeing as this patch was the "tier 2" patch, it makes sense for it to be more difficult. The rewards (rakata for a flashpoint?) reflect that.

If you read my post you can see im not complaining about the difficulty.

Its the drops in there that don't match the difficulty.

We could have taken the last boss, but after 3 and a half hours in there, knowing he drops a drop we already have we couden't bother realy.

It's stupid imho, if all but last boss drop Columi gear, then it should be able to be cleared with almost everyone in Tionese gear. People having problems on some bosses in almost full Rakata gear is just crazy. Sure make the places harder but for the love of god stop using gear check to do it.

Not only is it lazy on Bio's part, it's also no fun at all spending 3 hours as some have claimed, and alot of credits to clear a fp.

What he said.

You guys that breezed through it. Did you have 2 ranged dps? LR-51 was way hard with 2 melee we tried it with, we could not kill the thing. I will say though that 3 of the group were mostly columi where as I was mostly rakata on mine. Maybe we were undergeared some dunno.

Its a great difficulty.

Im not in full rakata and cleared this instance in about an hour and a half.

It was difficult but not insanely diffcult.

85% of the time it was learning the mechanics of the fight.

Im not judging it on my one time in there.

Im sure my next time in there it will be cleared in under and hour and some of the columi will be welcome.

You cannot base an opinion on difficulty based on an uneducated first time experience. Ofcourse its going to be the worst experience of the place as you havent learned the fights.

TY Bioware a big thumbs up and hope most future content is this level for a 'HM' or harder plix

If you read my post you can see im not complaining about the difficulty.

Its the drops in there that don't match the difficulty.

We could have taken the last boss, but after 3 and a half hours in there, knowing he drops a drop we already have we couden't bother realy.

Well, if you read your post, you're complaining that you're barely beating enrage timers, you can't keep up with heals, and it took you over 3 hours just to get to the last boss. That's just insanity, if you ask me. The instance is not that difficult, especially if you're geared as well as you claim.

The fact of the matter is, in full Rakata, we absolutely breezed this instance (yes, even with melee dps). If you threw us in half and half Columi/Tionese, I'm pretty darned certain we could still get through it and get awesome rewards for our effort. Will it be HARD? YES! It is hard mode after all. It isn't meant to be hard for people that outgear it (and it isn't).

You guys that breezed through it. Did you have 2 ranged dps? LR-51 was way hard with 2 melee we tried it with, we could not kill the thing. I will say though that 3 of the group were mostly columi where as I was mostly rakata on mine. Maybe we were undergeared some dunno.

It's all tactics, minding your surroundings and a whole lot more of team coordination.

We did it with 3 melees on HM died once on each boss including bonus. Guardian (Tank - half rakata half columi), sentinel(dps - columi), scoundrel(dps - rakata) and Sage (healer - columi). When doing sentinel droid with 3 melees, you will have to fight all around the room, with tank moving from side to side and front to center to back, everyone needs to know where they are going.

It's all tactics, minding your surroundings and a whole lot more of team coordination.

We did it with 3 melees on HM died once on each boss including bonus. Guardian (Tank - half rakata half columi), sentinel(dps - columi), scoundrel(dps - rakata) and Sage (healer - columi). When doing sentinel droid with 3 melees, you will have to fight all around the room, with tank moving from side to side and front to center to back, everyone needs to know where they are going.

Which is *********** stupid. It means you can NOT pug it... I'm losing faith.

• 1 month later...
You'd be better of running EV HM, cause you also get the Rakata chest there, +Rakata Legs, Gloves, Boots and OH, + a Columi piece for every other slot except ear. It's much easier, you don't need to have any Rakata pieces at all. And you get a lot of Columi commendations, crafting schematics, crafting goods, etc. And it takes about an hour if you do it well.

This fp is more about execution than gear, you don't need full columi/rakata to clear it. If you are that geared and having that much trouble, work on strategy/execution.

It is a difficult fp, but definitely a welcome challenge, I'd take it over a face roll fp any day.