Exchange Strength for Accuracy But Lose Expertise....

vatore

I have a Sentinel with 106% Accuracy, which I think is unnecessary. I would like to exchange some enhancements to replace that Accuracy with Strength or Power. I have Battlemaster gear and I would lose Expertise if I did this, about 200 points. However, I would put at least level 61 mods in there.

Is this a good idea?

I have a Sentinel with 106% Accuracy, which I think is unnecessary. I would like to exchange some enhancements to replace that Accuracy with Strength or Power. I have Battlemaster gear and I would lose Expertise if I did this, about 200 points. However, I would put at least level 61 mods in there.

Is this a good idea?

1. There is no such thing as trading ACC for STR on enhancements. Its only an exchange of secondary stats.

2. Yes, you can trade some ACC for POW, IF your EXP number is high enough already. If you are already full BM, dropping an ACC enhancement for a BiS BH/CAMP enhancement is a net gain. I would only switch like two or three (BiS BH/CAMP POW/SUR ENH), and not all seven, to get to 100% ACC. The POW and END gain will make up for the EXP loss.

3. Then buy only BiS WH gear and put mods/enh into your BM gear when 1.6 hits.

Good Luck!!

Edited by L-RANDLE

Don't do it. You need every bit of expertise at this point.
Depends....

Save your credits, and wait until you have WH. I'd also caution you against min-maxing until you have your full WH set (or at least done the math on what the full WH set will look like).
Waste of time. BM already gives you set bonus, so buy the 1 WH piece that provides the BiS MOD/ENH over and over again because you will be gaining BiS mods & 10EXP per piece in very short order.

What is BiS?

Bas...tard inbred step-child.

It's how the developers refer to the PvP community.

No, it's Best In Slot. Referring to the best option available for each gear modification. Armorings, enhancements, etc....

What is BiS?

Are you seriousing us? :D

but seeing as how you are asking about accuracy maybe you are serious....

*shrugs..

Short explaination of BiS.

Best in Slot refers to a specific piece of equipment that is "better" in the next gear tier. For example, your Sentinel has BM gear on now.... Lets look at the something easy, like the head piece

BattleMaster Weaponmaster Head:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/29924/battlemaster-weaponmasters-headgear

As you can see the Enhancement on this piece has power and acurracy. In your case, you already have too much accuracy, so you should swap it for a piece that has a slightly different stat allocation in the WH tier

War Hero Force Mystic Lower Robe

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42196/war-hero-force-mystics-lower-robe

So then you have a Power/Surge Enhancement instead of a Power/Accuracy enhancement. This particular Enhancement is BiS for DPS and healers of any class. You don't have to specifically use that piece, as a few other pieces have that with that particular enhancement, but you get the point right?

In your case, buying a "full WH set" as Jeezi suggested would not be advisable, as you will have the same problem... Too much accuracy problem. Since BM is fairly close to WH, when 1.6 comes out. You should buy any WH pieces that contain:

This Mod (need 9EA):

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/35158/war-heros-deft-mod-26

This Enhancement (need 7 EA)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/37534/war-heros-adept-enhancement-26

but do yourself a favor, on the list of items that contain this enhancement, buy a specific class piece that could use the mod in it(companion or alt), i.e. I have a low level sniper, so I bought the War Hero Field Medic's Shotgun : gave the enhancement to my Knight, and gifted the mod to my sniper alt to use when she hits 50 :D ):

1. Augment your BM gear if you have not already.

2. Buy the applicable pieces above, pull them out, and put them in your BM gear.

3. Carry Crit/Acc in your ears/implants at the WH level.

4. GRADUALLY, replace the armorings with WH ones as the EXP is the same and main/endurance are only a +3 gain per slot (nothing worth wasting time buying a full set for).

Voila! You are now BiS for War Hero level.

Ask Mr. Robot is very helpful.... I rate it +5 interwebs...

[EDIT] Sorry,.... heechJunzi... Jeezi sound better though....:D

[EDIT2] Also OP, since the BiS MOD and 2nd best enhancement is in WH Vindicator gloves. I would buy 9 of those first. The gloves don't cost as much as the other pieces, and you can use 1EA armoring(hands), all the mods, and all enhancements. Then replace those enhancements with the BiS one as shown above.

Edited by L-RANDLE