2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

selimonengut

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

I see that the debate over backpedaling still continues. Some people actually made some claims which are neither flaming, nor commenting, just pure lies. The user cs_kimmo (the player name is Jolssoni from guild Harbringer) made some claims about being good in rwz. Let me enlighten you about the truth.

There was a 4v4 tournament at our server: The Tomb of Freedon Nadd. All the good guilds attended. Harbringer aswell. At their first match, they faced a strong team and Mr. Jolssoni who is so pro about maneuvering could not kite their dps and got completely wrecked. My evidence is lying on this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNwAbFoAHZM

Check 04:30 and you'll see Mr Jolssoni and how good he is about positioning (sarcasm). Oh btw, Warmonger won the tournament (our team). And I did perfectly fine. You will see me backpedal because I adjust my smash and with backpedal in mid air it hits multiple targets and allows MUCH MORE EASIER AND PRECISE POSITIONING.

We played some rated warzones against cs_kimmo (Jolssoni), I found the clips the least entertaining tbh. Not to mention that their guild announced me as a hacker who is hacking the game (they got confused about charge and intercede mechanics). But few hours later, they made an apology so it's fine. Btw cs_kimmo or Jolssoni, I am and I always will be unstoppable for you :) maybe after this post you might want to consider hiding your signature to hide your identity :)

Btw, I have nothing against harbringer, they are cool, but this false prophet on the other hand, is a scam artist :) I don't respect that.

BACKPEDAL is useful in certain situations. Period.

Let's keep the friendly discussion going

The real funny thing is how your dbag buddy trash talks all kinds of people on the forum, including others that released similar videos, about how they suck for backpedalling and how 'Pro' he and his guildies are.

The real funny thing is how your dbag buddy trash talks all kinds of people on the forum, including others that released similar videos, about how they suck for backpedalling and how 'Pro' he and his guildies are.

Mate he doesn't think I am a good player aswell :) Even though I had more Gladiator rank than him at wow he still says I played a FOTM class and a FOTM setup (yes I played DK and shadowcleave :p)

He will try to replace me at the first chance he gets. It's just he is stuck with me since I am one of the GM's :)

Trust me, he thinks I'm a noob

Any pvp video prefaced with balatant flaunting of a ranking needs to feature exclusive footage from RWZ and good teams to boot.

Video was kind of a let down.

This incessant babble over backpedalling is worse. This community is a joke. Hopefully GW2 cleans the forums of the trash.

Good luck when Cross-Server Queues make Ranking actually mean something outside of each server microcosm.

Your finger does not rest on the "s" key, I'd wager that even the bad players do not rest their middle finger on that button because nobody walks everywhere backwards (Even though in PVP it seems like it sometimes).

But your pointer finger or index finger should always be on "a" or "d" as they NATURALLY rest on the strafe keys. To backpedal you have to conciously take your finger off the forward key "w", place it on the backwards key "s", and then press it as well as move 40% slower. Mine, and every other pvpers finger automatically RESTS naturally on the STRAFE key, so while your turning your mouse which should only take a millisecond you are simply pressing down on the left or right strafe button which your finger is already resting on while moving at 100% speed.

[/b]

This would be false.... because I use a different macro keyboard and my movement controls are on a dpad which my thumb rests on (while my normal buttons... tab/space/shift/1/2/3/4/5/6 are mapped to different keys very close to each other that my normal fingers press). Hence my d-pad up is forward, d-pad left/right is strafe left/right, and d-pad down is back... all controlled by my thumb very naturally... and while I naturally strafe 99% of the time.... I do backpedal 1% of the time to reposition without being dumb enough to rotate my entire screen to move 2 steps and rotate my entire screen back... losing focus on the battle.

I don't know why people respond to you... you are clearly of below average skill to be making a big deal about this.

Edited by zizzefex

This ridiculous argument is still going on?

I've been playing fps games for 15 years, using WASD for movement. It's second nature to me and I'm not gonna unbind it just because I can achieve the same result a fraction of a second faster by strafing in a situation where it really doesn't make a single bit of difference.

Keyboard turning is bad. It severely limits your ability to play effectively.

Clicking is bad, it severely limits your ability to play effectively.

Backpedaling once in a blue moon when speed is not a concern is MEANINGLESS and has no relevance to a player's skill level.

Let me reiterate, I realize strafing does the same thing and does it faster, but in any situation where I do choose to backpedal, it makes ZERO difference at all in regards to the outcome, because if the situation had called for strafing, then I would have *********** strafed. Now for the love of god ****.

Amen. This is entertaining watching these baddies QQ about backpeddling.

This would be false.... because I use a different macro keyboard and my movement controls are on a dpad which my thumb rests on (while my normal buttons... tab/space/shift/1/2/3/4/5/6 are mapped to different keys very close to each other that my normal fingers press). Hence my d-pad up is forward, d-pad left/right is strafe left/right, and d-pad down is back... all controlled by my thumb very naturally... and while I naturally strafe 99% of the time.... I do backpedal 1% of the time to reposition without being dumb enough to rotate my entire screen to move 2 steps and rotate my entire screen back... losing focus on the battle.

I don't know why people respond to you... you are clearly of below average skill to be making a big deal about this.

^ this

From looking at your video your one of the many Juggys that doesn't utilize taunt and for the sake of me I don't know why. With you running in like rambo one of the first things to hit should be your AOE taunt regardless if you kill them or not. Anyone who were to peel off of you to one of your teammates would have been affected. Otherwise nice video, but much to work on.

From looking at your video your one of the many Juggys that doesn't utilize taunt and for the sake of me I don't know why. With you running in like rambo one of the first things to hit should be your AOE taunt regardless if you kill them or not. Anyone who were to peel off of you to one of your teammates would have been affected. Otherwise nice video, but much to work on.

Taunt is used whenever I feel like necessary. Don't want to waste it. Thanks for watching.

Very nice video. Wish we could get some about the RWZs.

That being said, backpeddling arguement has been killed dead in this thread right? We won't see it being discussed again somewhere else?

It's dead but there might be a revival now :>

• 4 months later...
Really??? You made it to nearly 2900 rating and you backpedal? Jesus christ. Sigh, hence why games higher than 3v3 games are terrible, too easy to carry bads to high ratings.

Audaukin, one of the best Warlock's in the history of World of Warcraft, backpedaled during the 2012 BWC 3v3 arena competition. This is SWTOR but it makes no difference.

When you alternate hitting A and D really quickly, you accomplish nothing except indicating to me your having a seizure. ADADADADADADA......I see people do this all the time, but yet its not beneficial at all. Trying strafing around your opponent in a circle or something.

When you alternate hitting A and D really quickly, you accomplish nothing except indicating to me your having a seizure. ADADADADADADA......I see people do this all the time, but yet its not beneficial at all. Trying strafing around your opponent in a circle or something.

I wouldn't say "useless". While circle strafing is usually more beneficial, doing ADADADADA can make it harder to see physical animation indicators for those people who have crappy computers. Rapidly sidestepping can blur animations that are usable on the move, or hide what aura/buff you might use, possibly delaying an opponents counter.