PvP dps gear, how to remode?

johnyangelo

Basically I have a stock WH gear. Now I'm wondering what mods I should get for remodding and optimalizationg my stats...

So far it seems that getting more boots for power/surge mods look nice, what do you think? I wouldnt like to lose too much crit or accuracy so, I'm asking how did you do that..?

PS: Im gunnery btw.

I'm full stock on my WH geared Commando. I was told that replacing the acc to power/surge and all the armor mods to pve armor mods is what I should be doing but I don't PVE. I have no access to pve armorings and will not be farming pve dailies for them. I do just fine with stock. Assault spec.

I'm full stock on my WH geared Commando. I was told that replacing the acc to power/surge and all the armor mods to pve armor mods is what I should be doing but I don't PVE. I have no access to pve armorings and will not be farming pve dailies for them. I do just fine with stock. Assault spec.

For Gunnery at least, thats the opposite of what you have to do.

I just started remoding my WH armor, basically Im taking all the Power out (damage added by Power its not noticeable at all), and adding tons of Accuracy/Crit Rating.

Start from full WH armor + BM relics (WH relics take out Crit/Surge and you DONT want that!)

At that point I had like:

35% Critical Rating

80% Critical Multiplier

90% Accuracy

21k HP

(I already got all the datacros including the +10 to all stats)

The goal is to increase Accuracy and Crit Rating

In my humble opinion I think 75% Critical Multiplier its enough, and since you are not meant to deal with damage 20k HP should be good. (you can decrease Surge and Endurance a LITTLE bit)

Having all this in mind the mod you should use is

-WH Nimble Mod 26 (51 Aim / 32 Endurance / 30 Expertise / 39 Crit Rating)

And for the enhancement you can "balance" between

-WH Acute Enhancement 26 (27 Endurance / 30 Expertise / 53 Accuracy / 41 Crit Rating) (I use only this one)

-WH Battle Enhancement 26 (27 Endurance / 30 Expertise / 53 Surge / 41 Crit Rating)

Those 2 enhancements will decrease a little bit your Endurance (-18 each) compared to Finesse/Assault enhancements but I prefer having +19 Crit Rating from each.

For Main/Offhand Elite WH will do it, takes out Surge and adds Accuracy, and since you need Accuracy more than Surge its ok.

Im like half way doing this, and I havent figured out something to do with the implants/wrists yet but I already started feeling a little difference, the goal is 110% Accuracy and Crit Rating high as you can, that way you wont miss any attack and hit lots of criticals to your opponent.

And yes nobody is doing this today, I figured it out all by myself, its my opinion and it may be wrong.

At least works fine for me and I hope it works for you too.

Edited by RGimeldo

Im like half way doing this, and I havent figured out something to do with the implants/wrists yet but I already started feeling a little difference, the goal is 110% Accuracy and Crit Rating high as you can, that way you wont miss any attack and hit lots of criticals to your opponent.

Why are you going for 110% accuracy? Against DPS & healers (ie, base defence change), it'll be overkill & against tanks it still won't guarantee no misses.

Why are you going for 110% accuracy? Against DPS & healers (ie, base defence change), it'll be overkill & against tanks it still won't guarantee no misses.

think he means special and tech accuracy (so base + 1 % companion buff + 9% item+skills

With assault spec build you can get +15% bonus on tech crit so you can get 48% tech crit if you are stacking it.

But yesterday I was told by best PT on our server that he dropped all accuracy and went for surge/power/aim... so did I and It's interesting numbers ..

AIM: 2003

bonus tech dmg: 950

tech crit 38%

surge 79,9%

But again this is for AS spec. I'd like to know what about gunnery, rly acc and crit? Because I think those are kinda overrrated. With 90% acc I havent missed any HiB so far ...

• 2 weeks later...
With assault spec build you can get +15% bonus on tech crit so you can get 48% tech crit if you are stacking it.

But yesterday I was told by best PT on our server that he dropped all accuracy and went for surge/power/aim... so did I and It's interesting numbers ..

AIM: 2003

bonus tech dmg: 950

tech crit 38%

surge 79,9%

But again this is for AS spec. I'd like to know what about gunnery, rly acc and crit? Because I think those are kinda overrrated. With 90% acc I havent missed any HiB so far ...

In my humble oppinion you dont need more acc then what you get from the 2 power/acc implants, everything else is just a waste. It happens that a sage/sorc manages a deflect once per warzone or so but all the extra damage i do on every other skill more then makes up for it. I play arsenal, i am at 1953 aim, about 950 tech dmg about the same crit as you and maybe 78% surge.

Getting acc for pvp is a waste imo.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished remodding my WH armor (the "column on the right") with Acc/CritRating, basically Full WH + BM relics + EWH bracers/belt/cannon and my stats are:

(Full buff + Rakata Reflex Stim)

Aim: 1902

Endurance: 1774

Expertise: 1378

---------------------------------

Damage (Pri): 800-1103

Accuracy: 99,75%

Crit Chance: 45,16%

Crit Multiplier: 77,16%

HP: 20243

I'll keep on playing with my armor, but I like this stats a lot, very noticeable difference (at least for me, this is the only char I use for pvp). Now Full Auto actually hits ands CRITS! :D