Feedback on Anthem

Rion_Starkiller

I personally won't play Anthem or any other MMO right now except for COH. Why? Because I can't afford another one and I am committed to this game. Anthem indirectly competes with SWTOR so it is not a smart model, nor would it be smart for EA to harm or cancel SWTOR when it is still the #2 MMO in the US. MMO's in general have a small player base compared with the old days and compared with extremely casual games like Fortnite, so I consider SWTOR a big success. But, just imagine if the KOTOR movie trilogy becomes a reality - the subs will skyrocket in this game. EA and Bioware should refocus on this game. There is no reason not to, at this point.

https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964

This is a really good article about Anthem, BW, and EA.

A Very *Interesting read. Apparently "RNG" Inside their department works about aswell as it does here IN this game and every other game. Build everything, Code everything throw it all together and "Lets just see how it comes out" is a *&^$$#%& plan, Chaos. Like the Science Channels example of "A tornado going through a junkyard to produce a 747" :) Not in a Million years. Maybe an unintentional effect of that will lead to focusing more on SWTOR with its ongoing proven direction, vast amount of content, very Loyal Customer base and the Uber Popular "Star Wars" logo.

I don't remember who first posted this (Sorry bout that) but the issues here do seem to keep coming up among the various sites as possible validations. I've contacted this author but no replies and since I've read he's taken flak (possibly from Anthem fans) so he'll be chilling for a while and No Emails.

That one development team has been known for some time now, its pretty obvious. I am glad that once Anthem was finished Keith managed to snatch people back to SWTOR. As it is said the game is running for many many years now and the SW theme will keep it alive and partially full of loyal fans! That is something Anthem cannot get, its just another game, which has similar traits to other games. Sure, so is SWTOR, but thats Star Wars!

Even at the end of the year when Episode IX comes out there will again be an influx of players. I trust in Keith and believe 6.0 will be very close to 2.0 and hope it will help the game remain strong.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-explains-why-it-thinks-anthem-struggled-initial/1100-6467980/

They're still spinning Anthem :D Upper McManagement at its finest

"We brought together these two groups of players who were making this emotional value calculation on two different vectors" -- Wilson

Fire your analytics team, or come to a decision as to which target group you are appealing to with your games. These last games have burned away much the BioWare goodwill and positive feelings people have of BW.

At E3 this year, Anthem lead producer Ben Irving said he believes Anthem has a "very bright future."

Yeah ok.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-ceo-and-other-execs-gave-up-their-cash-bonuses/1100-6467982/

That's a surprise, but too little too late? Seems like exec heads never roll when they need to.

Only, no heads really rolled from what I read, unless I missed something.

A bunch of already highly compensated executives simply forfeited their bonuses to counter the lost revenue they are responsible for losing at EA.

I mean, at least they were willing to admit responsibility and take a hit for it, but they still work there and received their normal pay etc.

Soderland land to EA... “Bros, I am out of here.”

EA to Soderland, “you can have 20 million dollars just stay with us, please, Soddy buddy!

Soderland to EA, “**** that, keep the 20 million I am going to go work for this other studio. Toodles!”

At E3 this year, Anthem lead producer Ben Irving said he believes Anthem has a "very bright future."

Yeah ok.

Well he did say RNG was exciting, and it was so exciting he had to get away from the excitement and move to another game.

Personally, wouldn't let him manage the ice cream concession in the theatre I work at.

All The Best