Why SWG was better..

kegster

Okay don't freak out, this is just one gamers look at two different games.

1. Crafting was far supierior in SWG.

2. Open world pvp, far supierior in SWG.

3. Playable races, far supierior in SWG.

4. Communinty far supierior in SWG.

5. Economy, flawed but supierior in SWG.

6. Classes , (pre-cu,Cu,NGE) supierior in SWG.

7. Player bounty system in SWG

8. Skill based PVP, not gear based in SWG

9. Player houseing, in SWG

10. MACROS

Now, tell me where i'm wrong and flame me. Please do i love it. And give me ur top ten reasons this is better than SWG. P.S. WOW subsribers need not apply cause we don't care!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot player cities, huge planets, player housing at almost any place on planet, less loading screens while traveling, better gear customization ...

p.s. real space combat :)

Edited by Kooto

SWG was garbage. A games success is only measure by the number of subscriptions. SWG failed miserably and will forever be know as a failure by the mmorpg community.

I played swg before nge and cu. The crafting was the best I seen, but that's about it. There was nothing to do, but grind for your jedi. Thus, there was nothing to do at end game if you weren't grinding for your jedi.

Edited by Knockerz

10. MACROS

Now, tell me where i'm wrong and flame me. Please do i love it. And give me ur top ten reasons this is better than SWG. P.S. WOW subsribers need not apply cause we don't care!

Every single point was correct per cu/nge

Only one point you missed would still hold true, jump to light speed was way space combat should be in a mmo.

Your point was to give baseless opinions with 0 constructive feedback and explanations as to why said opinions matter?

You want to provide your constructive views on why the points raised by the OP are not true?

Have you look into the mirror lately?

SWG was garbage. A games success is only measure by the number of subscriptions. SWG failed miserably and will forever be know as a failure by the mmorpg community.

I played swg before nge and cu. The crafting was the best I seen, but that's about it. There was nothing to do, but grind for your jedi. Thus, there was nothing to do at end game if you weren't grinding for your jedi.

There was space, even after nge ruined game there was space, I wouldn't call 8years a failure, maybe a near pass but not a failure.

There was space, even after nge ruined game there was space, I wouldn't call 8years a failure, maybe a near pass but not a failure.

Agreed. I loved and miss SWG, and I love TOR as well. I'm confident in Bioware that they'll continue to expand this game with time.

10. MACROS

I played SWG for years (about 4 i think) and I have to agree with you on ever item you listed there. swg run for 8years (closed servers on 15 dec 2011) and I hate to say it and cant wait for the posts.....alot better that swtor is.

The crafting system alone was way way way better than swtors, the fact you could place collection harvesters on planets to collect resources, the way each profession could make items that the other preofessions would need to make there own items, the expermintation on crafting on items to get it better. The clickieclickie system is swtor is just rubbish and very very boring.

And the pvp was indeed better none of this 2 shot rubbish "ohh look a red *spalt-splat* dead" up untill the end swg was fun in combat, everyone had the same base stats (just like mxo (which was in my eyes the best balanced pvp system of any game ive ever played)) and you had to actually be carful and plan out a fight to some degree, unlike swtor which is just a gear based frag fest of "im prolly a worse player than you but my gear is better so I win".

So as I said yes I agree I think swg was way better for many reasons.

Edited by ZlupZlup