Question about Operation Lockouts

I pugged both a EC HM and SAV SM last night. On the EC HM pug we got to the minefield and the group fell apart, never finished. On the SAV SM pug we killed the first two bosses and the group fell apart because a Tank and Healer decided getting the weekly was good enough and it was too late to find a replacement.

So here I am. Locked out of the first few bosses on BOTH these ops which I've NEVER been able to complete because of these same problems ALWAYS happening. I was told that I can get another group together and start from where I left off last night with players who have not even started the ops yet for the week.

How would I go about doing that? Just start a group up, convert to raid, reset phases, and just walk in? Is it that simple or is it not even possible? Anything would be helpful at this point, I need to get these ops finished already. It's sad enough I haven't even finished KP HM yet....

What he said with a small specification. You need to be the first person to *zone in*, being the ops leader has nothing to do with where the operation starts. Whoever zones in first essentially sets the zone to their lockout.

Darn I had actually typed out exactly what you said and deleted it when I was correcting grammar. Yes the most important part is that you zone in first, as in completely loaded and able to move around in the op instance before anyone else. I've found it still helps to be the ops leader because we've had instances where a leader on a different lockout can be locked out of the instance until lead is passed.